Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Opened my fridge this morning to find a scene of carnage. A can of Irn Bru had exploded. Great. Just what I want to see when I'm half asleep with a headache :( 

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

Opened my fridge this morning to find a scene of carnage. A can of Irn Bru had exploded. Great. Just what I want to see when I'm half asleep with a headache :( 

1901 Orignal recipe stuff or the watered down artificial crap?

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

1901 Orignal recipe stuff or the watered down artificial crap?

I'll never know now! I should have licked the the inside of the fridge ;)

I assume it'll be the new 'healthy' recipe :) 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Tayls said:

Page 4566 of this thread. 

How very dare you speak that way about Metallica. They are THE greatest band on Earth. 

Don't think I've ever heard a single track. Perhaps one day I'll listen to them, but metal is not my thing. Not in the 'loathe and detest' category, like hip hop, but about equal with reggae in the 'not remotely interested' slot. 

On 11/06/2023 at 22:39, Xela said:

I had about 8 cans explode in the garage fridge back during the cold weather , it was a nightmare to clean 

5297cfe1-8784-4e5b-a2cc-fa2ea8a5d09d.jpeg

28 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I had about 8 cans explode in the garage fridge back during the cold weather , it was a nightmare to clean 

You deserve it for storing tramp juice in there

11 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Are you certain it's not a dirty protest? 

So an update on this £700 selective license I need for 1 of my properties. I have written to the council stating, it's a managed property, where by I pay a service charge a management fee and a ground rent fee, so I cannot understand what the licence would be for, other than to top up the local coffeers including bonuses for related directors. ( I deleted the last sentence for obvious reasons). I also sent this to my managing estate agent to keep them in the loop.

I have yet to recieve a reply from the council, but the reply I have recieved from the managing agent advises it breaches there teams and conditions (shocking) and if I do not pay the fee they will have to cancel my contract. So I'm  as good as being forced to pay the fee, still not knowing, or having any idea what it's actually for??

27 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

So an update on this £700 selective license I need for 1 of my properties. I have written to the council stating, it's a managed property, where by I pay a service charge a management fee and a ground rent fee, so I cannot understand what the licence would be for, other than to top up the local coffeers including bonuses for related directors. ( I deleted the last sentence for obvious reasons). I also sent this to my managing estate agent to keep them in the loop.

I have yet to recieve a reply from the council, but the reply I have recieved from the managing agent advises it breaches there teams and conditions (shocking) and if I do not pay the fee they will have to cancel my contract. So I'm  as good as being forced to pay the fee, still not knowing, or having any idea what it's actually for??

It's a licence, it allows you to continue your business legally. It's like a market stall trader complaining that he has to pay the council a licence fee for his pitch.

The money will get used to fund inspectors to inspect properties making housing safer for the renter.

You seem to think the council should take your word for it that you and the property are OK and they should just take your word for it.

There are rougue landlords out there, the council need to stop that, the only way to fund that (local government cuts etc) is for the industry to fund the inspection regime 

It's no different to my taxi licence, it serves exactly the same purpose.

All your letter says is £700 wah wah wah

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bickster said:

It's a licence, it allows you to continue your business legally. It's like a market stall trader complaining that he has to pay the council a licence fee for his pitch.

The money will get used to fund inspectors to inspect properties making housing safer for the renter.

You seem to think the council should take your word for it that you and the property are OK and they should just take your word for it.

There are rougue landlords out there, the council need to stop that, the only way to fund that (local government cuts etc) is for the industry to fund the inspection regime 

It's no different to my taxi licence, it serves exactly the same purpose.

All your letter says is £700 wah wah wah

But I already pay a estate agent fee, a management fee and a ground rent fee, I am hardly going to be a rougue landlord when i am already paying over 2k a year to manage it.

It's a job creation tool for the council, 130 new jobs, an I very much doubt my property will ever get inspected by a council??

Yes also £700 upfront, do they think we are all property magnets, the property in question costs me about £350 a month in extra at the moment, there's no profit in it, or my city centre apartment.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

ut I already pay a estate agent fee, a management fee and a ground rent fee, I am hardly going to be a rougue landlord when i am already paying over 2k a year to manage it.

It's a job creation tool for the council, 130 new jobs, an I very much doubt my property will ever get inspected by a council??

Yes also £700 upfront, do they think we are all property magnets, the property in question costs me about £350 a month in extra at the moment, there's no profit in it, or my city centre apartment.

Not sure what you point is apart from woe is me

I run a taxi, I have to pay 2 licences, insurance, fuel, cleaning, transaction fess. It's all part and parcel of running a business

Its a cost of running your business

You can always sell the property, have none of the costs and let someone who rents buy their own property.

Â