Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm not sure pheasants ever had much in the way of brains, I really don't think its something that has been bread out of them

Crumbs.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Just decimated a Pheasant and the left hand grill of my car, looks like half of him is still in there along with splashes of claret. I wouldn't mind, but I saw him in the distance, slowed down for him to cross, then just as I sped up, he decided to come back across. See alot of deadens down the lanes, they are really thick as the proverbial!!

I hit one last year not far from the Belfry. She (I know my game birds!) practically threw herself under my car. The grill made short work of her.  She popped like a water balloon full of giblets and merlot. No damage either. Thank you German engineers. 

Yep, pheasants defy Darwinism.

Back in the day when we wanted pheasant for the weekend, we would basically go up the woods, quietly make your way in to the edge of the woods, and shout bang. They’d all fly up and out and more often than not one would twatitself on a tree trunk or a branch. Didn’t even need a real bloody gun, just shout bang.

That was a while back, probably all doggers and fly tipping now. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Yep, pheasants defy Darwinism.

Back in the day when we wanted pheasant for the weekend, we would basically go up the woods, quietly make your way in to the edge of the woods, and shout bang. They’d all fly up and out and more often than not one would twatitself on a tree trunk or a branch. Didn’t even need a real bloody gun, just shout bang.

That was a while back, we're all doggers and fly tippers now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/03/2023 at 16:49, foreveryoung said:

Andy Goldstein on Talk Sport Friday. " I dont really like the general public when I'm out down the pub, no im joking honest".

No he wasnt , general public, who the **** does he think he is?  Andy Goldstein your a no one.

I'm a no one and I don't like the general public either

When you want to search for something you hate, in order to read an amusing hit job on the subject... e.g Forex influencers on Instagram, Jack Grealish, Oasis, double patty burgers. But you know if you search for it your recommendations will be polluted across all social media for the next 18 months

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KentVillan said:

When you want to search for something you hate, in order to read an amusing hit job on the subject... e.g Forex influencers on Instagram, Jack Grealish, Oasis, double patty burgers. But you know if you search for it your recommendations will be polluted across all social media for the next 18 months

I know, just once, I promise just once, and now all I get is latex, jelly donut, butt juice ads.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Just as bad when you search for something you want to buy, buy it and... yep. It's an utterly useless advertising model

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Just as bad when you search for something you want to buy, buy it and... yep. It's an utterly useless advertising model

Even worse when amazon and ebay keep emailing you “what about these?” when they know you already bought one from them. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

Even worse when amazon and ebay keep emailing you “what about these?” when they know you already bought one from them. 

I dont know about Amazon and Ebay but many other websites when you buy something and then 2 seconds later you get an email wanting you to complete a survey on how they did, I even get one from my doctors now.  Every time i seem to buy something, somebody wants me to fill in a survey to say how they did...yep those mainly go into the junk folder.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I dont know about Amazon and Ebay but many other websites when you buy something and then 2 seconds later you get an email wanting you to complete a survey on how they did, I even get one from my doctors now.  Every time i seem to buy something, somebody wants me to fill in a survey to say how they did...yep those mainly go into the junk folder.

And they invariably come with the emotional blackmail that anything less than 10/10 is seen as negative, and could cause some poor sod to be disciplined or sacked. 

• Like 2

Â