Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Long story... But that's why we're on the euro Tunnel, our moving back to England lasted one month one day

Brexit means brexit

I wish I could leave. My employer is hiring some people in Spain so I’m asking about those roles and if they want locals or willing to relocate people… 

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

People were queueing on the A5 to get into Ventura in the afternoon. Crazy.

I moved 8 years ago, but I previously lived just off county drive in Fazeley. Around this time of year it was always quicker to walk to town than drive because of the Ventura traffic. Boring really, but a census of people visiting was taken a few years ago and people were coming from as far away as Worcester to use it. The traffic system is ridiculous and not fit for the number of visitors.

2 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

I moved 8 years ago, but I previously lived just off county drive in Fazeley. Around this time of year it was always quicker to walk to town than drive because of the Ventura traffic. Boring really, but a census of people visiting was taken a few years ago and people were coming from as far away as Worcester to use it. The traffic system is ridiculous and not fit for the number of visitors.

I know work colleagues from all over the midlands who used to come to Tamworth for Ventura Retail Park. The funny thing is if you go any week night 5pm onwards it’s like a ghost town.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I know work colleagues from all over the midlands who used to come to Tamworth for Ventura Retail Park. The funny thing is if you go any week night 5pm onwards it’s like a ghost town.

I've not been to Tamworth in well over a decade, but...why? Has it improved over the years? When I lived there it was just a generic out of town shopping centre with the same boring chains you get up and down the country

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I've not been to Tamworth in well over a decade, but...why? Has it improved over the years? When I lived there it was just a generic out of town shopping centre with the same boring chains you get up and down the country

It is those chain shops, but you can park in one spot and be close to everything, and it's not quite as busy as Merry Hell. Without sounding like a snob, it's generally the cheaper chain stores rather than the up market ones. There's only m&s, but there's an Asda, Matalan, next, and sports direct. Also free parking and lots of fast food.

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It has added more and more and more retail units without doing anything to the road infrastructure.

10 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

It is those chain shops, but you can park in one spot and be close to everything, and it's not quite as busy as Merry Hell. Without sounding like a snob, it's generally the cheaper chain stores rather than the up market ones. There's only m&s, but there's an Asda, Matalan, next, and sports direct. Also free parking and lots of fast food.

I’m surprised M&S not only survived, but it also extended. John Lewis didn’t last long at all.

As you say it tends to be mainly lower end retail shops. B&M, Aldi, Primark, Matalan, Sports Direct, New Look etc

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

On 24/12/2022 at 16:10, av1 said:

I’m sure this has been talked about before, but football cliches. 

Speaking to a Liverpool fan earlier and the reason klopp has been successful is because he “gets Liverpool and gets the fans”

What does that even mean? 

I got a bird once and got her crabs if that helps  explain 

Speaking to a Liverpool fan earlier and the reason klopp has been successful is because he “gets Liverpool and gets the fans”

It’s a not so on the nose way of saying that this manager is winning a sufficient amount of games and trophies. That’s what the manager gets about the club and it’s supporters, they prefer winning things. And they don’t slag off the supporters. If only the previous manager had twigged that.

But supporters say these things to seem like they have more of an understanding of the game. They can’t just say “Oh I like him cos he wins stuff.” 

I remember a Man Utd supporter pal of mine who, having endured the hardships of finishing 7th in the Premier League under Moyes, said that what he just wanted was a side that played in a manner similar to the ‘99 team and the ‘08 team.

So basically he wanted a team good enough to win the champions league, like they did in the years he quoted. That’s all. But he couldn’t outright say that, because he’d be laughed at for wanting/expecting such a high standard all the time. So he had to phrase it in a slightly more nuanced and opaque way. 

But it was pointed out to him what he was in essence wanting. And then was laughed at.

56 minutes ago, Genie said:

It's dead during a normal working week. I went one day about 1pm on a weekday and empty(ish). The joys of WFH I guess. 

• Like 1

On 26/12/2022 at 16:04, rodders0223 said:

Why do grown men, men who look like civilised , normal, relatively well spoken, think that if you're within one mile of a football stadium or game that it is now acceptable to piss in public?

Shit did you see me? I wouldn’t have made it to the ground. 

The best was when United fans would say Ollie understands the club! 😂 

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I wish I could leave. My employer is hiring some people in Spain so I’m asking about those roles and if they want locals or willing to relocate people… 

Please don't leave.....calling you "Diego" just wouldn't feel right ☹️

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Its grown over the years - you now have the tat triumvirate of TK Maxx, Primark and Matalan. As well as Sports Direct, Greggs, Maccies, plus 3 supermarkets. What else do you need for a fun family day out buying cheap shite?

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Yea I get it's only a goldfish, but if you understood WHY you need to get your water ready for "just a goldfish" then maybe you wouldn't be so "zoo magazine" about it.

Tap water is treated with chemicals which strip the naturally occuring "slime" on a fishes scales, taking away the fishes natural protection and defences against waterborne diseases.

That's quite important when I imagine you wouldn't be bothered to put a filter in the bowl, and after about 3 days that fish is swimming in its own shit and the bacteria born from the excess food you put in the bowl which is rotting.  

So, on top of being in a shitty tank with nothing to break the surface tension of the water, meaning the fish has to manually go get oxygen from outside, it's also being poisoned by its own waste and food. 

It's only a goldfish, I get it, but what a sorry situation it found itself in because the drip buying it "couldn't be arsed".  Suffocated and poisoned.. nice.

As I said about your missus, you must be a looker because you come across thick as shit :lol:

Develop a bit of empathy and show you're willing to take something on board and "this board" might respond to your posts a bit better, it's never too late ;)

There's a few standard likes still missing, might appear tomorrow I guess.

As for your classy comment highlighted, go an relieve yourself on twitter. You seem to absolutely kill off anyone calling names or being negative, not diverse enough, but here you are saying a fellow Villa fan is think as shit, an talk about my Mrs (getting personal) because I question what we now have to go through to buy a goldfish. Hypocrite comes to mind, but I already knew it can be like that on here.

Your analysis that I'm going to kill a poor defenceless goldfish and put him through hell, well there's no need for those sleepless nights worrying chap, as I went to a local aquatics centre, they let me buy the fish, said my tank was big enough and just to add some treatment to the water before I put him in, an use the filter (I already had) to keep the tank clean.

But thank for the rant on how to look after a goldfish, much, errrr, appreciated, an don't you worry that big heart of yours, I'll keep you updated how it's doing soon.

4 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

It’s a not so on the nose way of saying that this manager is winning a sufficient amount of games and trophies. That’s what the manager gets about the club and it’s supporters, they prefer winning things. And they don’t slag off the supporters. If only the previous manager had twigged that.

But supporters say these things to seem like they have more of an understanding of the game. They can’t just say “Oh I like him cos he wins stuff.” 

I remember a Man Utd supporter pal of mine who, having endured the hardships of finishing 7th in the Premier League under Moyes, said that what he just wanted was a side that played in a manner similar to the ‘99 team and the ‘08 team.

So basically he wanted a team good enough to win the champions league, like they did in the years he quoted. That’s all. But he couldn’t outright say that, because he’d be laughed at for wanting/expecting such a high standard all the time. So he had to phrase it in a slightly more nuanced and opaque way. 

But it was pointed out to him what he was in essence wanting. And then was laughed at.

No, I think with Klopp and Liverpool it is something a little more than just winning trophies. There really does seem to be a bond between him and the fans that is more than just winning trophies. It maybe something he's manufactured but also maybe not.

Sure winning trophies and playing the brand of football that they do means a lot but Klopp goes a little off piste every now and again. He's an old punk, he turns up in random pubs on his own and just chats to people, he's just not a normal football manager, he likes going to his local and having a pint, he understands the whole Hillsborough thing, he's a bit of a lefty politics wise.

Its hard to put your finger on but I think there is more to it than just on the pitch, there’s definitely a bond there a little different to the normal fan / manager thing.

Â