Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

On 02/04/2022 at 10:35, TheAuthority said:

The dog woke me up at 2:30am crying to get on the bed. (His stairs were right in front of him)

Then his snoring is like a hydraulic drill so I had to go and carry his fat arse to the couch and lock the bedroom door.

It's now 3:30am, I'm wide awake and the wife is snoring so loud I can't believe the neighbors haven't come over to complain. It's not like I wasn't completely knackered or anything..... I'm going to sleep in the garden tomorrow night.

I went on a stag do abroad a couple of years ago with about a dozen guys. We had to split into 3 groups for the rooms, and the first idea for grouping was light, medium and heavy snorers. We went with that, and - taking a wild guess - I put myself in the 'medium snorers' room. The next morning I awoke, thoroughly refreshed, to a room of guys livid at me for misrepresenting myself. Haha, too bad, they had to handle another night of it as well.

My wife actually got so annoyed she recorded me the other night then played it back to me in the morning, **** me it was like something you'd find on a comedy soundboard. Suspect she's going to start insisting I wear a clothes peg on my nose soon.

• Like 1

On 02/04/2022 at 13:42, PussEKatt said:

Worst burn I saw was quite a few years ago.A guy rode past on a motorcycle and the muffler/exhaust fell off.He stopped the bike streight away and ran over and picked it up.

Didnt take him long to put it back down again.

When I lived in Hanoi, I had a brief few attempts at learning to ride a scooter. The last attempt ended when I fell, the scooter fell on top of me, with the muffler pinning my foot. Thankfully I managed to lift it off before it burned through to my skin, but it pretty much burned through my shoe.

My mates and I went out for dinner in Worthing yesterday, one of whom is always willing to be designated driver as he doesn't like to drink much.  He ended up getting a parking ticket for £100 because he only paid for an hour and gambled there would be no wardens.  I felt duty bound to pay my share but I thought it would have been half as expensive just getting the train, or paying the extra couple of quid for a couple more hours parking.  I'm not sure if I have a right to be pissed off with him or not.

29 minutes ago, Genie said:

and paid for the drivers soft drinks

My mates will do that, I spent a few years as designated driver due to a company car and fuel card so didn't charge anyone anything, might have been thrown some coins towards parking but that was a no obligation thing and if I chanced it and didn't put enough in then that'd be on me sharky, wouldn't expect my mates to pay the fine 

Back to the drinking, I've had a night as the driver drinking in rounds, I didn't have to pay for a round but joined in on the fizzy pop coke, made it to 6 pints, one of the roughest nights of my life! 

1 hour ago, bickster said:

All the drinkers should have chipped in to pay for the parking in the first place along with the fuel.

Yeah we paid for his drinks but should've put more thought into the rest of it.  I'll make sure we have a better plan next time.

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

My mates and I went out for dinner in Worthing yesterday, one of whom is always willing to be designated driver as he doesn't like to drink much.  He ended up getting a parking ticket for £100 because he only paid for an hour and gambled there would be no wardens.  I felt duty bound to pay my share but I thought it would have been half as expensive just getting the train, or paying the extra couple of quid for a couple more hours parking.  I'm not sure if I have a right to be pissed off with him or not.

Easy grift. 
Lads, come on, chip in and help me out with this £100 fine. Pay it in the first ten days at the discounted rate of £35. Quids in. 

On 03/04/2022 at 17:09, sharkyvilla said:

it was his decision not to put enough money in the meter to save a couple of quid then blame is solely with him , like you I’d have probably felt duty bound to chip in though having said that 

Interestingly I believe being  too drunk to move your car is (or was) a valid reason for appealing a parking ticket … maybe next time get a drinker to drive you there !!

On 02/04/2022 at 02:35, TheAuthority said:

The dog woke me up at 2:30am crying to get on the bed. (His stairs were right in front of him)

Then his snoring is like a hydraulic drill so I had to go and carry his fat arse to the couch and lock the bedroom door.

It's now 3:30am, I'm wide awake and the wife is snoring so loud I can't believe the neighbors haven't come over to complain. It's not like I wasn't completely knackered or anything..... I'm going to sleep in the garden tomorrow night.

Nice story, but not believable.   Everyone knows women don't snore.   I've been told so in no uncertain terms.   Instead, I suffer from a selective, nocturnal low-frequency tinnitus.

• Haha 2

On 02/04/2022 at 11:05, Anthony said:

I have a picture of my worst burn. Don't click if you're eating.

Reveal hidden contents

8ccTvun.jpg

See that raw bit at the top? The reddish bit on the bottom/back of my hand went like that too.

All healed without a scar 'cause I know my woundcare, man.

I did my graduate research in a burn unit.  I was measuring blood flow in the skin of burns to try to predict whether they'd heal or would need grafting.   My first patient was a young lady who'd had a coffee pot spontaneously break just as it was over her lap while being passed from one person to another at a restaurant.   And she was wearing pantyhose, so the water got trapped.   How I'm still a heterosexual after seeing that I'll never know.    Her boyfriend was upset that they wouldn't let him into the tub room for the cleaning/debridement while they allowed this young, nervous guy hold a device to her perineum.

Saw another absolutely horrifying one while there, though I didn't study that one.    You get desensitized pretty fast.

• Shocked 1

I remember my cousin who was 3 at the time (happened in the 80s), pulled over the chip pan, an the boiling hot fat went all over his chest and arms. Obviously still bears the scars from the grafting, it was horrific at the time, but he was a very very lucky boy it didn't go over his face. His mom (my aunt) can't even talk about it even now!

44 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Mrs is on this diet thing. Tomorrow is fish and chips. Except the chips is parsnip and Carrott.

They ain't **** chips then are they.

Call it fish and parsnips ffs

Is she allowed gravy ? 😉

• Like 1

So years ago I as a transwoman (so assigned male at birth transitioned to female) took the name of one of my very favourite characters as my chosen name. Now in the season break between seasons 2-3 in which time the actor playing the character came out as transmasc (assigned female to male) and my legal name change went through the character has been adjusted to transition along with the actor and has dropped the name I chose. I’m not actually pissed off really (considered digging up the trans thread but I am a little bit out out by it I guess) good for Elliot Page but you couldn’t write it 😂

Edited by Eidolon
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Meath_Villan said:

The amount of gammons using the phone(texting) while driving 🤦🤷

The amount of people texting while driving.

Here whenever anyone gets to a red light they immediately start on their phone and usually miss the light when it turns to green and screwing everyone over behind them.

My commute is 9 minutes but it must happen at least 3 times a day.

• Like 1

These dickheads

i don’t understand what they’re trying to achieve. 
Seems like troublemaking and pretending they’re doing some sort of “audit”

Anyway, this is my workplace and it’s pissed me off. Feel free to flood the comments and tell them what a bunch of words removed they are.

No seriously, please do that

They spend half the time complaining that the christmas lights are still on the tree (spoiler: they never take them down) and moaning about the police cars being dirty

Â