Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

5 hours ago, colhint said:

I think I had the best deal ever. I Worked in L.A. For 2 years. Well it was 3 weeks there and a  at home. I would fly to Lax on a Sunday pick the car up at the airport Avis then drop it off  weeks later. On my second trip the car was broken into. Nothing missing it was just work papers. They did break a passenger window. I phoned Avis, all insured no probs. Trouble was I was 40 mins from the airport to swap cars. So I asked if there was a nearer one . Turns out there was a small franchise just found the corner. I went to see them, and when chatting I said I had a car about 40 weeks again, the girls eyes lit up. We struck a deal, I would pick up a Honda civic or the like and On Monday morning go to hers and would get the best car they for the same price, and all the charges to her franchise. She was well happy. She would email me saying don't come in Monday I've got a Merc in on Tuesday etc.  was turning up in firebirds corvettes and the like, I did get called in by the customers Accountant to explain why I was driving a dodge viper, and how much were they paying.

What was the viper like? 

That's a dream car 

Unbelievably good. Although I did make a tit, of myself when I turned up to work, a few of them would wait by the window to see what car I would have, when I turned up in the viper I could see them in the window,staring. I tripped on my bloody are when I got out.

On 26/03/2022 at 15:39, il_serpente said:

Our Toyota minivan has the lane assist.   It’s a very gently nudge on the steering and a beep.   It doesn’t kick in below 30 mph, so I have no issue with it.   It’s not too often I’m having to swerve to avoid a parked car or navigating road work when I’m going over 30.  Of course, I think the roads around where I live are a bit different and less congested than what you have over there.

San Fran less congested?! 🤯

We just got a Sienna - 1st new car I've ever bought but used cars are basically the same price as new ones so we went for it. It's a hybrid too so I can feel really good and smug about myself compared to those earth hating full petrol car drivers (waits for some VT smart arse to tell me that hybrid batteries are actually worse for the earth.......)

I dislike lane assist, but I HATE radar controlled cruise control. I use cc all the time on the highway but this new fangled thing slows you down if there is someone in front of you!!! The point of cruise control is that you keep a consistent speed and if someone is in front of you,  overtake them not dawdle along at their speed 200 yards behind them. I don't think you can turn it off either. Really bloody annoying. 

The wife and daughter had terrible colds last week, now it’s my turn. I feel awful. 
A downside of WFH, I’d have had the day off if I were in the office.

Edited by Genie

26 minutes ago, Genie said:

The wife and daughter had terrible colds last week, now it’s my turn. I feel awful. 
A downside of WFH, I’d have had the day off if I were in the office.

I keep saying, you’re entitled to be off sick even if you’re WFH. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

That people expect footballers to remain in perfect athletic shape years after they retire

Although Big Nev was a "stocky" lad when playing, I still can't get my head around how he looks now. I guess fitness regimes in the 80s were nothing compared to today's scientific approach:

20220319_152458.jpg

Bought a new cordless jigsaw and decided to get a Makita to have a decent one and to use the battery that comes with my Makita drill. However, the drill battery doesn't fit the jigsaw so I have to buy a new set. 

14 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Bought a new cordless jigsaw and decided to get a Makita to have a decent one and to use the battery that comes with my Makita drill. However, the drill battery doesn't fit the jigsaw so I have to buy a new set. 

Boring threads over there 👉 somewhere 

8 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm having to listen to Capital Radio at work. **** me, the state of it. 

Workplace bullying

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

1. The music

2. The clone ‘personality of a damp cloth’ presenters that continuously chat utter bollox

3. Adverts

4. The music

You forgot the empty spaces in between all that, even the microseconds of silence are wrong

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

You forgot the empty spaces in between all that, even the microseconds of silence are wrong

True.

Also true is the fact that having Capital tuned into your car radio instantly deducts 65% of the car’s resale value. 

• Haha 3

Â