Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I play veterans pretty much for that reason, it's still semi serious but there's more than a few who do it for other reasons like fitness and just getting out the house 

On the other side of it though no one talks apart from me shouting all the time which I don't consider taking it serious I just think that's football, I shout at everyone all game, not criticising or aggressive just basic man on, look left look right, drop in here, have him kind of stuff but no one else does 

I saw 'veterans football' and thought 'I didn't think he was that old'. Googled it and saw it starts at 35 and now feel old. 

45 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I saw 'veterans football' and thought 'I didn't think he was that old'. Googled it and saw it starts at 35 and now feel old. 

Over 35 in England, over 32 here in Germany 

Its brilliant, love it

**** chasing 18 year old whippets on a Sunday morning 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Over 35 in England, over 32 here in Germany 

Its brilliant, love it

**** chasing 18 year old whippets on a Sunday morning 

I think I'm still in denial as don't think of myself as a veteran in my late 30s. 

I mean Ronaldo is 37 and playing professionally so it's not that old. Is it? 

5 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Why would anyone bring a giant schnauzer to a kids birthday party, ******* idiots.

Someone actually brought a Schnauzer to my lads 7th last week. I know him , he is one of the dads, defo not one of the lads though. He continued to hold it an hug it like it was his first born. Then it was time for the dog to go, not his son, "comon, I think it's time to take Chuwie for a nap, he's falling asleep here". Gheeeeyyyy!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Someone actually brought a Schnauzer to my lads 7th last week. I know him , he is one of the dads

The mom must be a right kinky sod.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Chindie said:

American political commentator Seth Abramson was the worst for this. During the Trump years you'd regularly see him posting '1/345...' (not an exaggeration) long tweet threads of how x lead to y which equals z and z is the silver bullet and therefore Trump is ****.

I think he eventually became aware of how ridiculous this was and went off to get paid for his 'investigative' work on Substack.

I bought his "Proof of Conspiracy" book on a whim one night. It was a load of trash. Lots of big leaps and vague insinuations, but he seems totally convinced by it all.

• Like 1

All this is reminding me of that time Louise Mensch went on Twitter to declare that her 'sources' were predicting Steve Bannon would be given the death penalty. Equal parts funny and sad, but Carole Cadwalladr now does the same shit but in mercifully shorter threads.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Went for a 10k run today, and have got post-run depression... never quite know when or why it happens... seems to be worst when you get a really big endorphin rush on the run itself. Bleurgh.

"Endorphin", Dont you ever speak to me like that again. 

When dickheads gob off at you in the match thread, like it would happen out at the shops or whatever. No it wouldn't.

Still, thankfully we have an "ignore" function so if they read this, I don't see the tear-stained reply  🤡

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

When dickheads gob off at you in the match thread, like it would happen out at the shops or whatever. No it wouldn't.

Still, thankfully we have an "ignore" function so if they read this, I don't see the tear-stained reply  🤡

Hahaha @rjw63 smells and he can't even read this 😂😂

Edited by sidcow
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Xela said:

Very rarely venture into the game thread - its like the written version of cock cancer. 

It really is not that bad. Yes some of us get annoyed with a loss, especially if we played poor. But luckily that's quite rare lately.

The other morning, my wife found my 2 year old son had broken the lock on the cupboard under the kitchen sink and was spraying all purpose degreaser in his hair.

We’re lucky he wasn’t drinking bleach or something. He’s fine and his hair looks great.

So I’m annoyed with the shoddy lock, but what’s pissing me off more is the fact our cupboards have all been rearranged. I can’t believe the amount of times I’ve opened the chocolate/crisps door to find dishwasher tablets and scourers.

Edited by Paddywhack

Â