Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

19 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My wife cuts my hair now as I purchased a set of clippers in Lockdown. My cut is the shithead cut, number 2 all over. 

However not long before lockdown my barber told me that barbers were the biggest growth industry in retail. I guess its a reasonably easy trade to learn and might explain all the wet cuts if that makes it easier. 

It struck me as odd when he told me, there are only so many people who need a haircut so it's hard to see how they can increase exponentially. It must be quite a cut throat business 😂😂

I don't doubt it

Kiddy town centre now is seemingly pound shops, charity shops, bookies and barbers, popping up everywhere, must be close to 15 barbers in the town centre now, getting close to overtaking the salons 

The price range can be wild too, somewhere between £7 and £20 for a hair cut, haven't seen one yet that does a bar service but that's got to be coming and seeing as it's kiddy I don't mean an import whiskey and a beard trim I mean £12 for a floppy fringe and a can of fosters 

26 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It struck me as odd when he told me, there are only so many people who need a haircut so it's hard to see how they can increase exponentially. It must be quite a cut throat business 😂😂

I think you'll find that a barbers is rather a cut hair business.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My wife cuts my hair now as I purchased a set of clippers in Lockdown. My cut is the shithead cut, number 2 all over. 

However not long before lockdown my barber told me that barbers were the biggest growth industry in retail. I guess its a reasonably easy trade to learn and might explain all the wet cuts if that makes it easier. 

If the lads in their 20s I play football with are anything to go by, it seems like young lads are getting their hair cut more often. I guess it's all these very precise shaved styles, and just a general increase in male vanity. Keeping a skin fade or whatever looking good* means getting it done every 1-2 weeks.

Chuck in regular beard trims, and whatever else they offer (male beauty treatments!?), and I can imagine it's been boom years for barbers. We need a world war to reset this ASAP.

* If you think skin fades look good.

• Like 1

After all this barber talk, I’ve somehow managed to get “Barbara Ann” stuck in my head.

We also have a slightly high number of barbers (and hairdressers) that somehow coexist. There’s about 4 or 5 hairdressers and 3 barbers along the high street, all within half a mile of each other. There’s fewer than 100 yards between the 3 barber shops alone.

Maybe that isn’t a lot but it feels like it is. Considering we don’t have, I don’t know, a baker’s or something.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I've been cutting my own for over a year now and have got pretty good at blending in the sides and consistently trimming the top, I doubt I'll bother going back to the barbers

Don't look to bad I guess 😂

Bad Haircut Kid GIF - Bad Haircut Kid Funny GIFs

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

I remember when i was a lad i used to go to a barbers above the railway tracks and when the trains would go by he had to stop cutting my hair, used to say I had the hair of a china-man as well weirdly.

I got the reference. 

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

We also have a slightly high number of barbers (and hairdressers) that somehow coexist. There’s about 4 or 5 hairdressers and 3 barbers along the high street, all within half a mile of each other. There’s fewer than 100 yards between the 3 barber shops alone.

Maybe that isn’t a lot but it feels like it is. Considering we don’t have, I don’t know, a baker’s or something.

I've said this before, and it sounds like i'm on a crusade, but i'd wager a lot of the 'Turkish' (they aren't Turkish) barbers are just fronts for money laundering / people smuggling. 

There is one i know - loads of staff, hardly any customers and owner has a £200k car. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I've been cutting my own for over a year now and have got pretty good at blending in the sides and consistently trimming the top, I doubt I'll bother going back to the barbers

I did it myself for a while too. Got quite good if I could say so myself but now my other half does it cause she is scared I will mess it up.

22 minutes ago, Xela said:

I've said this before, and it sounds like i'm on a crusade, but i'd wager a lot of the 'Turkish' (they aren't Turkish) barbers are just fronts for money laundering / people smuggling. 

There is one i know - loads of staff, hardly any customers and owner has a £200k car. 

I guess it's an easy business to use for money laundering. No purchases to evidence sales for, mainly cash only.  Other than physicaly spying on the shop and recording the number of customers entering or leaving who can tell how may haircuts have been carried out?

• Like 1

My wife used to cut my hair. 

I then noticed it was starting to recede so just gave up having it cut as what's the point and I don't have to look at it. 

Figured if it's good enough for Bill Bailey, it's good enough for me. 

40 minutes ago, Xela said:

There's a designer clothes shop not far away, always has his pals in there chatting, got some nice stuff, but no one ever shops in there as it's too intimidating, with all the gangster types sitting around on there phones. 100% it's to lose a bit of drug money.

Probably mentioned this before, but the only barber I've truly enjoyed going to was a guy in Hanoi on my street. Didn't speak a word of English, had several extremely long fingernails, and at the end of the cut he would grab my head in his hands and twist my neck from side to side cracking it. First time he did it I really thought he was murdering me. Felt great afterwards though!

Now I just get my wife to shear me like a sheep.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

My wife used to cut my hair. 

I then noticed it was starting to recede so just gave up having it cut as what's the point and I don't have to look at it. 

Figured if it's good enough for Bill Bailey, it's good enough for me. 

Could start up an extreme heavy metal band?

spacer.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Probably mentioned this before, but the only barber I've truly enjoyed going to was a guy in Hanoi on my street. Didn't speak a word of English, had several extremely long fingernails, and at the end of the cut he would grab my head in his hands and twist my neck from side to side cracking it. First time he did it I really thought he was murdering me. Felt great afterwards though!

Now I just get my wife to shear me like a sheep.

Sounds like you and him really clicked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Going back to Barbers for money laundering wasn't that obviously massively dodgy Blues owner originally a Barber who mysteriously earned enough money to buy a Football Club? 

Â