Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

15 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Injudicious use of the "reply-all" button.

And that ladies & gentlemen, is why semi-automatic weapons should be legal. 

Oh my. Especially when you've just been caught up in something that isn't even anything to do with you at all and it just runs and runs and runs. 

I had it just today with a colleague arranging a meeting time with clients. I'm not attending the meeting, I've no idea why I was on the original email but I must have had 20+ emails with all these people changing times and places. 

**** off won't you. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Oh my. Especially when you've just been caught up in something that isn't even anything to do with you at all and it just runs and runs and runs. 

I had it just today with a colleague arranging a meeting time with clients. I'm not attending the meeting, I've no idea why I was on the original email but I must have had 20+ emails with all these people changing times and places. 

**** off won't you. 

Don't all modern email systems have a mute conversation option?

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

**** off won't you. 

That's bad and I hate it when it happens. Today I was actually "involved." 

My son's (he's 2 & 1/2) "class parent" for his early learning center had organized a thank you card for his teacher (yes I signed it) and a hamper of optional gifts (we did not contribute.)

At 8am we got a "Thanks to everyone who signed the card. Jess and the team were sooooo happy!!!!" complete with an incorrectly formatted picture of the gift hamper so if you had any desire to look at it you'd have to open in another app, rotate it 90 degrees and probably reduce and re-render it. (I did not do this.)

THEN, 50 housewives all decided to REPLY ALL, with "Thank YOU, Janet, you're the best," "Fantastic idea Janet"  etc, etc. I was ready to go full Falling Down.

I thought every parent had to work these days. What do these women do that they have time write inane notes about an inane gift for an inane holiday.

FML

25 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

My wife is part of my eldest's school class whatsapp and she feels the same.  There are the "super parents", who have lovely, different ideas for gifts and whatever, who organise everything and everyone.  

Then you have the underlings, who agree with everything the super parents say and are such suck-ups they're actually sucking down now.

Then you have the quiet class, who seem legit busy (like my wife) who just go with the flow.

Finally, the commoner-scum class - children named Kyle, Conner, Damocles etc - they look dirty, and just ignore the group completely - quite cool in a way. 

I'll have you know my Grandads name was Damocles, it was important to me to carry on his name

giphy.gif

On 19/11/2021 at 17:51, Genie said:

That might work if you were guilty, if you were innocent wouldn’t you be better to explain why (and potentially avoid court)?

If you’re a suspect then don’t say anything, at least without a lawyer. 

The police are trying to make you look guilty. Anything you say will be used against you (pun intended)

You can only make yourself look worse

We should have all seen enough documentaries to be terrified of false confessions

• Like 1

I would take that one step further and say that players that have left a club ( sometimes a long time ago ) give advice on who we should buy or how we should play.

I hate reading,Gabby says Gerrard should buy @#$% or Hutton giving his advice on our next buy etc etc.

Edited by PussEKatt
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

I would take that one step further and say that players that have left a club ( sometimes a long time ago ) give advice on who we should buy or how we should play.

I hate reading,Gabby says Gerrard should buy @#$% or Hutton giving his advice on our next buy etc etc.

Trying to stay relevant I guess. He's probably seen the likes of Robbie Savage, Danny Murphy et Al and thought (quite rightly) "if those dimwits can jump on the footy media gravy train, then why can't I ?"

Does my head in as well.

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Get back has a warning that it contains scenes of smoking 

What the **** 

This film contains frowning and stern looks. 

• Like 1

UK courier services.

I've never had a problem before, ever. But now two in successive weeks.

Firstly good old DPD. They managed to "lose" a case of beer in their Hinkley depot, which isn't that far away.

Company I bought from have after 9 days decided to send out another case.

Then I decide to try another company...they use Yodel (you know what's coming don't ya?)

Ale was dispatched within 36 hours and was due to be delivered by 9pm today.

We had to drive over to the COVID testing station at the Airport but were back by 7. I'd put on Yodel's website to leave it on the back porch if we were out.

By 8.30 no sign of beer so I check the website.

Driver had allegedly tried to deliver, and no one was in.

So...why not leave it where I specified?

Also the website said he left a calling card - did he **** as like.

And to cap it off, driver put that delivery was attempted at 8-05pm, we had been in since 7pm.

Then some word removed on their online chat cut me off when I labelled the driver a liar.

Utter spunkdribbles the lot of 'em, I'll buy it from the **** local shop from now on.

</rant>

Edited by rjw63
Ridiculous typo thanks to Alf Garnett word autocorrect
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

UK courier services.

I've never had a problem before, ever. But now two in successive weeks.

Firstly good old DPD. They managed to "lose" a case of beer in their Hinkley depot, which isn't that far away.

Company I bought from have after 9 days decided to send out another case.

Then I decide to try another company...they use Yodel (you know what's coming don't ya?)

Ale was dispatched within 36 hours and was due to be delivered by 9pm today.

We had to drive over to the COVID testing station at the Airport but were back by 7. I'd put on Yodel's website to leave it on the back porch if we were out.

By 8.30 no sign of beer so I check the website.

Driver had allegedly tried to deliver, and no one was in.

So...why not leave it where I specified?

Also the website said he left a calling card - did he **** as like.

And to cap it off, driver put that delivery was attempted at 8-05pm, we had been in since 7pm.

Then some word removed on their online chat cut me off when I labelled the driver a liar.

Utter spunkdribbles the lot of 'em, I'll but it from the **** local shop from now on.

</rant>

I had an absolute nightmare with FedEx delivering beer and have given up ordering it online, which is a shame as I like dark German lager which you can't get in the shops.  FedEx seemed really behind the times in general, only working Monday to Friday from what I could tell.

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Get back has a warning that it contains scenes of smoking 

What the **** 

I remember in one of Bill Bryson's books he talks about a film which received a warning for containing 'gambling and rattlesnakes' in America.

Â