Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

On 17/09/2019 at 01:49, mjmooney said:

No it isn't, it's nothing remotely like worship (which is one of the most bizarre and loathesome concepts ever invented). 

I just wanted to acknowledge your post by saying that worship probably wasn't the word I wanted.

What I intended to get across was that the dogmatic thinking can turn the blinkers on just like you might find with worship.

Excuse me if the question isn't welcome, I understand we probably stand at two very different view points, but here I go..

Would you worship mother nature? Her blessings and will are what has allowed for you to take this journey, really. It's pretty magical, for me anyway.

Is it so difficult to conceive the idea that in an attempt to understand and convey the phenomena of life that our stories can get skewed?

CCTV

Our HR Manager being on holiday

The sheer amount of disciplinary / back to work interviews that appear to be taking place this week (When the HR manager is off)

This means I'm endlessly searching through CCTV to find the interviews for minuting purposes and the Department Managers seem to be incapable of writing down the exact times meetings start and end.

Work is making me very grumpy today

25 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Religion in particular is a total anachronism that should not have a place in a rational society. It provides no benefit for the 'greater good' and only serves to both divide people and stupefy them.

It's the God of the gaps.  Anything that can't be explained by science must therefore be proof of God.  Naturally, the gaps are disappearing and have been over hundreds and thousands of years.  But while there is still anything that can't be explained, it'll be proof to people who need the crutch.  I myself am a believer in Russell's teapot, until such time as it has been definitively and categorically disproven.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

It's the God of the gaps.  Anything that can't be explained by science must therefore be proof of God.  Naturally, the gaps are disappearing and have been over hundreds and thousands of years.  But while there is still anything that can't be explained, it'll be proof to people who need the crutch.  I myself am a believer in Russell's teapot, until such time as it has been definitively and categorically disproven.

The ISS has been up there for years, but the teapot is just so damn good at hiding. :) 

its not that she's 16

its that she's privileged, look at all these amazing things she's doing...that her upbringing and life enables her to have...if I went home at 15 and told my mom I was having a week off school to protest against climate change I think i'd still have the bruises

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

its that she's privileged, look at all these amazing things she's doing...that her upbringing and life enables her to have...if I went home at 15 and told my mom I was having a week off school to protest against climate change I think i'd still have the bruises

Why does that matter?

Climate change doesn't give a shit how much money you have. You couldn't have done the things she has? Well, that's unfortunate. Maybe you would have done some of the things she has. Many more are equally or far more privileged and do **** all though, so fair play to her.

51 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Why does that matter?

Climate change doesn't give a shit how much money you have. You couldn't have done the things she has? Well, that's unfortunate. Maybe you would have done some of the things she has. Many more are equally or far more privileged and do **** all though, so fair play to her.

im not criticising her, she doesn't bother me in the slightest, let her do her thing, as long as she targets big businesses and governments then that's fine, as long as she doesn't start complaining about me washing out bean tins...

unfortunately climate control is a long way down my list of problems and stresses and that is where whilst I agree climate change doesn't give a shit how much money you have but how much money you have is likely to influence whether you give a shit about climate control

I think climate control protestors, vegans, animal rights protestors etc face the stigma that they're not working class / real world problems, would she be campaigning in the UN if she had a cash in hand job to help her parents pay the electric bill this week? nope, she's there because her parents are rich

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Some people can't handle people that try to take a stand. Any excuse to dismiss people who actually care about a cause that they're cynical of. Anyone that tries to achieve something good, and there's always a reason to dismiss it rather than admit someone is trying to achieve something, and they're not.

The amount of people dismissing her because she's only 16...Well, yeah, she is, and look what she's doing. Whereas a bunch of middle-aged **** that have done nothing for the greater good in their life love to talk her down for being young, because they've got **** all to say about her actual message.

She's 16. But she's helped kickstart an international movement and has stood in front of the UN and told them the **** off. That's impressive as hell.

I can admire her cause and her passion , but she's being manipulated and patronised by people like the UN giving the floor to a hysterical teenager  , i understand she has Aspergers  but someone with her condition should not be manipulated the way she is , the long term harm for her welfare doens't look good , she'll be a suicide statistic before she's 20

the only thing she got right in her speech was when she said " I should be back at school on the other side of the ocean " . .. Amen to that

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

What the **** is wrong with umbrellas you miserable bastards? :D 

• They are not fit for their intended purpose, most of you still gets wet
  • They make people walk slower when everybody else wants to hurry
  • they restrict the vision of the user
  • people who use them are totally unaware of the danger they cause in their wake
  • The need for everyone else to wear safety goggles when in the presence of the umbrella'd
  • wind never accompanies rain
  • Its H20 not H2SO4

5 minutes ago, bickster said:
  • They are not fit for their intended purpose, most of you still gets wet
  • They make people walk slower when everybody else wants to hurry
  • they restrict the vision of the user
  • people who use them are totally unaware of the danger they cause in their wake
  • The need for everyone else to wear safety goggles when in the presence of the umbrella'd
  • wind never accompanies rain
  • Its H20 not H2SO4

I'd have got drenched walking to the office today if it wasn't for my umbrella. I found that people were generally walking quicker than normal to get out of the bad weather.

57 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

2,width=650,height=650,appearanceId=404,

it's like you chose to ignore everything i wrote to shoehorn in a cartoon you already had lined up ready to go :) 

here have a  retaliatory image  :P

GRETA-CHILDHOOD-IMAGE.jpg

Edited by tonyh29
edit - just saw the davidicke bit on that pic , just to be clear I don't believer in lizard people I just got the image from google ..
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I'd have got drenched walking to the office today if it wasn't for my umbrella. I found that people were generally walking quicker than normal to get out my way as they preferred functioning eyes 

FTFY

Â