Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

4 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

(I've only just learnt it's 'en garde' and not 'on guard')

Not really. "En garde!"  means "get ready, I am about to attack" (in fencing). 

In your "bad things come in threes" scenario, I'd say "I'll be on my guard" - like being on guard duty. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I was making my sandwiches last night and because I'd put lettuce on them I thought I'd continue being posh by cutting them in to triangles. Unfortunately, this meant they wouldn't fit in my lunchbox.

Maybe I'm being stupid but I don't understand how cutting them into triangles means they suddenly don't fit in the standard lunchbox? The total size isn't increasing?

46 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Dreadful start to the working week.

I was making my sandwiches last night and because I'd put lettuce on them I thought I'd continue being posh by cutting them in to triangles. Unfortunately, this meant they wouldn't fit in my lunchbox.

Should have cut them in half again?

28 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Well there you go, there's the third thing, being humiliated on the internet

The ones on the internet - they call that pwned or something. There, that's me all up to date with my information super-highway jargon.

images.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Maybe I'm being stupid but I don't understand how cutting them into triangles means they suddenly don't fit in the standard lunchbox? The total size isn't increasing?

I know, some kind of sorcery going on I think.

I might need to get on microsoft paint and draw this, but the box isn't much bigger than a sandwich cut in half in to two rectangles, so it didn't fit when cutting it in to two triangles.

I could have cut it in to four triangles, but I didn't want my colleagues thinking I was some kind of idiot. I had to squash them instead.

Just now, Paddywhack said:

I know, some kind of sorcery going on I think.

I might need to get on microsoft paint and draw this, but the box isn't much bigger than a sandwich cut in half in to two rectangles, so it didn't fit when cutting it in to two triangles.

I could have cut it in to four triangles, but I didn't want my colleagues thinking I was some kind of idiot. I had to squash them instead.

Why didn't you just cut the box in half? Honestly...

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

see my generation grew up with Dogtanian and the three muskehounds and we learnt stuff like this  , younger generations got Teenage Mutant ninja turtles and all they learnt was how to order a pizza

...and some of the more prominent names of the renaissance period.

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

see my generation grew up with Dogtanian and the three muskehounds and we learnt stuff like this  , younger generations got Teenage Mutant ninja turtles and all they learnt was how to order a pizza

I wish the turtles made sandwiches instead, could have taught me a thing or two.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

...and some of the more prominent names of the renaissance period.

Ahhh yes, on my recent trip to Rome, I thoroughly enjoyed the finest works of Bebop and Rocksteady. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

I wish the turtles made sandwiches instead, could have taught me a thing or two.

You can always refer to the teachings of scooby doo when it comes to managing large sandwiches.

3E07D04E-3768-4A89-BA32-059412CC4A23.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Oh man, thought I was being clever. Well there you go, there's the third thing, being humiliated on the internet.

rewind... Lettuce... that there is the very start of your problem, I'm fully convinced your use of lettuce started you on this slippery slope, first of all you put this ruiner of all sandwiches on your lunch, this in itself lead you to follow up with the silly notion of triangular sandwiches and your day already in a plant induced tailspin went full nose dive karma from that point onwards.

Lettuce... just say No! Its not big and its not clever. Was it peer pressure that made you do it?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Oh man, thought I was being clever. Well there you go, there's the third thing, being humiliated on the internet.

Isn’t that a regular thing though (especially on here)? I wouldn’t attribute that to bad luck more bad judgement maybe 

:trollface:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I've only just found out there was a 5th turtle :o

Â