Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

5 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Alright, for the record my original post was a bit of a rant about someone being rude with a tongue in cheek underline to it. I've clearly hit a sore spot when it comes to suicide, I apologise for the hyperbolity of my wording. All I wanted to get across here is that taking out your personal issues (being fat, on a train, not wanting to get up for an older disabled lady because you're fat) is not cool. 

This was the first I saw of it all.  If it was tongue in cheek then you certainly fooled me because your posts that followed it were pretty consistent with its message.  But we'll leave it there I think.

On 16/05/2017 at 11:21, magnkarl said:

Couldn't agree more. People thinking that it's all about the person killing themselves is all deluded. Train drivers, emergency services, line inspectors, commuters etc all get horribly affected by it. If I was ever going to kill myself I'd roll over in a self made ditch with a pre-prepped shovel\mound of dirt to cover me in. That way no one has to deal with me being selfish. A friend of mine used to be a train driver for south west trains until about two years ago when some 20 year old literally got cut in half in front of him by the train - he's been on benefits with PTSD ever since. There is nothing a train driver can do to stop the train and it causes so much mental harm to the proud folks who drive our trains.

• Like 1

Just now, BOF said:

This was the first I saw of it all.  If it was tongue in cheek then you certainly fooled me because your posts that followed it were pretty consistent with its message.  But we'll leave it there I think.

Ah, I see. No my original post was about having to stand on a train next to a disabled lady while an overweight person took up two seats and wouldn't move for her. It sort of spiraled from there. Sorry about that.

38 minutes ago, snowychap said:

When you're in a hole, stop digging. ;)

Oh...

It's OK Snowster. He's left us a shovel and some loose dirt .... :blink:

• Like 4

On 15/05/2017 at 12:36, magnkarl said:

etc. is up there with jumping in front of a train to make a huge statement about how sorry someone's life is. 

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

I am not saying they chose these methods of ending their lives as a way to get people to see them

aren't you? because that is exactly what you said.

• Like 4

The old biffer, of a cleaning lady, who stopped halfway through the security barrier, at work, and told me she wasn't going to let me tailgate. I'd got a pass in my hand FFS!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

The old biffer, of a cleaning lady, who stopped halfway through the security barrier, at work, and told me she wasn't going to let me tailgate. I'd got a pass in my hand FFS!

Oooh, that'd have got my goat. I wouldn't have said anything at the time, but I'd be thinking of loads of things I could have said afterwards.

"Why don't you go clean a toilet!?". Something witty and cutting like that.

Edited by Paddywhack
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Oooh, that'd have got my goat. I wouldn't have said anything at the time, but I'd be thinking of loads of things I could have said afterwards.

"Why don't you go clean a toilet!?". Something witty and cutting like that.

Yeah, I'm pissing with the lid down, today.

• Like 4

bloke at work dabbling in my role, doesnt bother me, sends me an email saying "do i need to add anything to the email below before i send it out to the client"

i reply with " yes please add this..."

get a shitty email back from him saying i should be doing it myself rather than him

Â