Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 hours ago, chrisvilla4 said:

This made me laugh so much. I'm going to hell. 

You can actually hear him curse on this as he hits the deck!

• Like 1

Going to rant a little. So we had a faulty boiler a year ago, bought a new PCB and had it fitted and then had glorious  heat, then 6 months ago we had the boiler serviced and signed up to the boiler insurance words removed who I can’t really name, who were sheisters and seemingly the reviews told my wife this if she had looked at them. Regardless just before Christmas the boiler broke down, no hot water, no heating. Joy of joys. So we call the insurance people, this is when the fun started, 75 quid call out charge, then they reverted to type and tried to get 250 out of us before a fix was even done. We cut our losses told them to **** off. So no hot water or heat all over Christmas. This week we call a heating engineer and he comes along, new PCB and cowl, ok, that’s a start, he comes today and PCB he has is faulty so has to go and get another. **** had it, hard to be optimistic about this as I am normally as its been mightily frustrating and would have been **** resolved before Christmas if my wife had just gone with a reputable firm.

People in the work canteen who are incapable of sitting on their own,or splitting into smaller groups...so you end up with 10 people on a table of 8. Fatty on the end blocking the walkways. WTF is this shit?

Are you that desperate to be part of a group, you can't go sit on another table on your own?

**** off

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Going to rant a little. So we had a faulty boiler a year ago, bought a new PCB and had it fitted and then had glorious  heat, then 6 months ago we had the boiler serviced and signed up to the boiler insurance words removed who I can’t really name, who were sheisters and seemingly the reviews told my wife this if she had looked at them. Regardless just before Christmas the boiler broke down, no hot water, no heating. Joy of joys. So we call the insurance people, this is when the fun started, 75 quid call out charge, then they reverted to type and tried to get 250 out of us before a fix was even done. We cut our losses told them to **** off. So no hot water or heat all over Christmas. This week we call a heating engineer and he comes along, new PCB and cowl, ok, that’s a start, he comes today and PCB he has is faulty so has to go and get another. **** had it, hard to be optimistic about this as I am normally as its been mightily frustrating and would have been **** resolved before Christmas if my wife had just gone with a reputable firm.

Have you tried British Gas?

They'll repair it for free IF you sign up to their boiler care for a year (I pay about £20 a month I think but it'll be cheaper when you first sign up).

I've had to call them out a few times. It's semi frustrating because I'm sure it was the same problem every time that they just weren't fixing correctly, and it wasn't until one of the engineers called out actually took a proper interest in what the problem was (rather than just sticking one of those diagnostic computers in and going "It says it's fine") that the problem got properly fixed.

Anyway, regardless of how many times they had to be called out, it's free every time, including parts. No call out charge. And they're quick, usually the next day but if you tell them you have no other source of heat (or if you've got a pensioner/baby in the house) they come the same day or come and drop off a fan heater.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

PS I'm not a salesman :)

I just had a really shit boiler and they saved me a very cold christmas one year!

We have heat now, waiting for hot water, once resolved that is who we are going with. 

• Like 1

I'm having a nightmare with my plumbing at home. There's a regular sound. With no knowledge and google I'm guessing it's air in the pipes or water hammering. Someone's been out twice to look at it and when the'be come it's not been happening :bang: I've tried various instructions of emptying all the pipes, sometimes it has appeared to ease the problem but not get rid of it. Last night, couldn't stop it at all.

Urgh.

On NYE, a Pole with a history of theft and harassment, stole two drinks and thrown a firework into a kebab shop run by Muslims in a small town, and a fight broke out ending with the death of this Pole.

Nationalists used this guy as a martyr of Poland for the Poles, and rioted, destroying the kebab shop in the town and others across Poland (including one run by Indian Hindus)

Now Poland is being championed by right wing commentators who say they rightfully don't stand up for shit and are celebrating that they rioted and trashed the shop.

If it was a Polish guy, who killed another Polish guy it wouldn't even be a story.

Stirring fear plays into nationalists hands because nationalism grows in a climate of fear. What the **** does a white person in Poland have to be scared of, really? 

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Urgh.

On NYE, a Pole with a history of theft and harassment, stole two drinks and thrown a firework into a kebab shop run by Muslims in a small town, and a fight broke out ending with the death of this Pole.

Nationalists used this guy as a martyr of Poland for the Poles, and rioted, destroying the kebab shop in the town and others across Poland (including one run by Indian Hindus)

Now Poland is being championed by right wing commentators who say they rightfully don't stand up for shit and are celebrating that they rioted and trashed the shop.

If it was a Polish guy, who killed another Polish guy it wouldn't even be a story.

Stirring fear plays into nationalists hands because nationalism grows in a climate of fear.

That part of the world does seem a bit hardcore regarding the right wing. It's like that drug dealer in Huddersfield who the police shot dead. The locals have been out protesting that it was police brutality and that the victim was a good man. Bullshit! He deals drugs and has been linked to murders in the area. He has also held people at gunpoint in the past. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

I'm having a nightmare with my plumbing at home. There's a regular sound. With no knowledge and google I'm guessing it's air in the pipes or water hammering. Someone's been out twice to look at it and when the'be come it's not been happening :bang: I've tried various instructions of emptying all the pipes, sometimes it has appeared to ease the problem but not get rid of it. Last night, couldn't stop it at all.

Could it be a ghost .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That part of the world does seem a bit hardcore regarding the right wing. It's like that drug dealer in Huddersfield who the police shot dead. The locals have been out protesting that it was police brutality and that the victim was a good man. Bullshit! He deals drugs and has been linked to murders in the area. He has also held people at gunpoint in the past. 

I don't see it in my everyday life, but it's there. I work in a bit of an echo chamber really, it's fairly liberal in my office and we have people from all over the world.

Every year there's a nationalist march in Warsaw with 150k+ people.

I just hate that certain people have manufactured a climate of fear because it just fuels hatred in people. 

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I don't see it in my everyday life, but it's there. I work in a bit of an echo chamber really, it's fairly liberal in my office and we have people from all over the world.

Every year there's a nationalist march in Warsaw with 150k+ people.

I just hate that certain people have manufactured a climate of fear because it just fuels hatred in people. 

Obviously I've never been to Eastern Europe but it seems like a throwback from years gone by. I get the impression that Adolf hitler is a hero to many over there. I'm way off the mark I know but Poland, Russia etc seem dodgy places for certain ethnic groups. 

6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Obviously I've never been to Eastern Europe but it seems like a throwback from years gone by. I get the impression that Adolf hitler is a hero to many over there. 

:blink:

In Poland?

You're joking right?

• Like 4

Â