Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

People who use their mobile phone while driving. I hope you crash.

People who don't signal

People who don't acknowledge you when you let them in 

People who sit in the outside lane of a dual carriageway doing 25 mph because they are turning right in 4 miles.

People, just people...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

People who don't signal

People who sit in the outside lane of a dual carriageway doing 25 mph because they are turning right in 4 miles.

you could have just said Ford Focus drivers and saved yourself a lot of writing

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

People who don't signal

People, just people...

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Another accident at work. Just fell off a ladder which wasn't secured into the ground properly and it swung out making me fall off. Just a few grazes on my leg this time. I never ever have accidents but I've had two in two weeks now.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

you could have just said Ford Focus drivers and saved yourself a lot of writing

No. No, you couldn't. This is Something That Pisses Me Off That Shouldn't - car brand judgement. BMW drivers all do THIS, Skoda drivers all do THAT, Volvo drivers do the OTHER. But people who drive the sort of car that I have, they're OK. 

I know it's only a joke, but it's bollocks. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

No. No, you couldn't. This is Something That Pisses Me Off That Shouldn't - car brand judgement. BMW drivers all do THIS, Skoda drivers all do THAT, Volvo drivers do the OTHER. But people who drive the sort of car that I have, they're OK. 

hey I don't make the internet rules ... I've posted countless times in the bolitics thread at thinly disguised attacks hiding behind stereotyping

conclusion if you can't beat them , get in a Ford Focus gag before someone beats you to it with the same gag but using Audi instead

Edited by tonyh29

11 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

It's not a joke, it's an absolute science in my experience.

16 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Out of interest, what sort of mpg do you get out of the Focus around town?

I just don't get people who give give a shit about cars. They're just expensive contraptions to get you from A to B. I don't give a flying **** about what they look like or what 'features' they have. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

I just don't get people who give give a shit about cars. They're just expensive contraptions to get you from A to B. I don't give a flying **** about what they look like or what 'features' they have. 

Yep, as long as it's reasonably comfy and doesn't break down every five minutes I really couldn't care less.

And as for personalised number plates...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Yep, as long as it's reasonably comfy and doesn't break down every five minutes I really couldn't care less.

you had to get a dig in at BOF and his Alfa didn't you :) 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'd imagine that someone who drove 30,000 miles  a year for work , would care quite a bit about some of the features in a car  ?   in the same way that you probably spend a lot of time on the brand of running shoe you wear ?  sure all running shoes do the job , but from experience they don't all do the same job ( Brooks FTW )

Personally I don't give two cents for watches  , doesn't mean various companies can't bring out watches that cost £30,000 if they so wish

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I'd imagine that someone who drove 30,000 miles  a year for work , would care quite a bit about some of the features in a car  ?   in the same way that you probably spend a lot of time on the brand of running shoe you wear ?  sure all running shoes do the job , but from experience they don't all do the same job ( Brooks FTW )

Personally I don't give two cents for watches  , doesn't mean various companies can't bring out watches that cost £30,000 if they so wish

Absolutely. But, y'know... this thread. 

52 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Take it to the religion thread.

Oh wait....

Yeah, having driven up and down the motorway all week in Hyundai and Nissan, I do care what uncomfortable shite I'm palmed off with. I am not interested in the wifi hub multi media interface touch screen console. I like good seats, good visibility and quiet engines. But yeah, all cars are basically the same. But but, yes, agreed this thread....

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

It's not a joke, it's an absolute science in my experience.

Absolutely. There are a few specific models of car/van that I can usually predict with a degree of relative certainty will do something stupid, aggressive or incompetent fairly regularly. I call it the word removed list. 

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

How is it you never hear guitar players, saying that they don't give a shit about guitars, as long as they can get from C to F and to G? :)

2 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

How is it you never hear guitar players, saying that they don't give a shit about guitars, as long as they can get from C to F and to G? :)

I think that fell a bit flat

• Like 2

Â