Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

1704495.jpg

It's a book as well.

Yep. That's why I used that example. The book is not a 'how to', though, it's a fairly dull memoir.

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Explanation:

Hide contents

'Pretty girl' is 'belle', which is embedded 'in' the word 'red' (i.e. crimson). The definition is 'rose' - not the flower, but the past tense of the verb 'to rise' - as in 'rose up', or... rebelled.

Yeah I understood it once you gave me the answer. I'd have never got there myself though.

Funny because I consider myself good at cryptic clues and puzzles. But the level that makes up cryptic crosswords is just beyond me.

It really pisses me off that I know literally nothing about and can find little or no information on the man who now owns Aston Villa 

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Gawd, this Tony Xia geezer has totally killed off topic tonight.

Maybe this should be in the Cheer You Up thread? 

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Maybe this should be in the Cheer You Up thread? 

Exactly, it definitely shouldn't piss me off shouldn't but I did come in slightly disappointed with the lack of thread bumps.

Oh well, back to the takeover thread.

Used to work for a guy who'd look the Times crossword over after clicking the kettle on, first thing in the morning.

He often had it completed by the time he'd finished his toast - All achieved whilst sporting a thumping hangover.

Really intelligent, really talented, really unhappy, shocking alcoholic.

He had that genius/depression thing going on.

He seemed to have read every classic book ever and retained everything.

Other aspects of his life were chaos.

He had the best office ever.

A chair, a filing cabinet and a table with a formidable mountain of crumpled receipts.

On the floor behind the door, out of site of the hall, a suspiciously stained mattress covered in cat poo.

Talking of cats, our Git (that's his name) threw up in our bedroom last night. It had peas in it. Little weirdo.

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Manager at work.

You know the one, the guy who gets up at 4am to turn the skybox on because he doesn't trust it to leave it on overnight. That one.

His latest story is that his son ate a multipack of 12 bags of crisps one after the other right in front of him.

When we asked "why didn't you stop him?" he said "He wouldn't let me!"

His son is, at most, 18 months old.

The poor kid is going to look like fat barry by the time he's 4. Doesn't stand a chance with parenting like that.

He has no control. None at all.

When he looks after his son he calls it babysitting. It's like it's not even his son.

I'm not a parent, but I know he's a shit one.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

He wouldn't let me?

Sweet **** Jesus. 

He was probably threatening to pull out his ipad and order a takeaway via just eat if he didn't.

Kids can do that these days right?

• Like 1

He's also said he got in bother before when he was working from home and he was on a conference call but his son kept taking the phone off him.

He makes it sound like his son walks all over him. And just to re-emphasise, his son isn't even 2. 

Just now, Davkaus said:

Is he as much of a **** pushover at work? I couldn't work for someone who's so spineless.

No he isn't to be fair.

He is an absolute bell end though. Luckily I don't work for him. He just sits in my office.

Â