Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Having to spend a sunny Friday afternoon indoors waiting for a BT engineer to turn up just because the wire on the plug for my Youview box has broken.  Just make them available to order online so I can get it through the post FFS, I am more than capable of connecting a plug adapter thing to a Youview box. 

5 hours ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

'We're delighted to announce that Dying Matters Awareness Week 2016 will run from 9-15 May. Awareness Week is an unparalleled opportunity to place the importance of talking about dying, death and bereavement firmly on the national agenda '

I mean, if there is one thing we do talk about, that we are fairly aware of on a regular basis, it is death. 

If by "we" you mean the Irish, then I couldn't agree more.

I get annoyed by my Irish family because the first thing they talk about is who's died and how. It's so strange.

My mom has "Death.ie" bookmarked on her laptop so she can check to see who's died every day.

It was always, and I am being literal here, the first page my Gran would turn to in the paper. Possibly before she'd even glanced at the front page.

They're obsessed with people dying, although my family is probably influenced by coming from a very small village, where everyone knows everyone.

Edited by Stevo985

8 hours ago, Davkaus said:

He's always come across as a nice, sincere bloke, to me. I bet he loves the Aston Villas.

Exactly, couldn't bring myself to dislike Hanks, he definitely seems like one of life's good guys. 

Living in an apartment complex.  The neighbours above me have a new baby and I like to leave my bedroom window open for fresh air during the night.  Cue 2AM to 3AM when I hear the "waaa!".  Strong lungs that one.  

Edited by trekka

4 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

there should definitely be adult only apartment complexes. there probably is.

And planes, restaurants, cinemas, supermarkets...

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He collects typewriters, the man blatantly can't be trusted

And Wilson was a blue nose

A year or so ago he showed up on the sidewalk of our little downtown because there's a shop that sell old typewriters.  He came upon some girl scouts selling cookies and bought a bunch and chatted and posed for pictures.   By all accounts came across as a genuinely nice guy.  I don't believe he was wearing any Villa gear, though.

1 hour ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

there should definitely be adult only apartment complexes. there probably is.

There is... I think there called OAP Homes :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trekka said:

Living in an apartment complex.  The neighbours above me have a new baby and I like to leave my bedroom window open for fresh air during the night.  Cue 2AM to 3AM when I hear the "waaa!".  Strong lungs that one.  

Better than hearing the neighbours above conceiving the baby though no doubt?  Or would it? 

On 03/05/2016 at 20:37, PompeyVillan said:

The American way of ordering food is catching on here.

"I'll get a.. "

"I want a..."

It's just a bit too direct and too close "Get me a drink" for my liking.

I heard someone do this in McDonald's yesterday whilst I was waiting at the side for my food. He looked at me quizzically when I literally burst out laughing thinking of this thread 

A discussion in the things that cheer you up thread has led me to a very retro thing that (used) to piss me off and it's a real doozey.  People who watch video tapes and then just eject them at the end without rewinding. Used to drive me mental. Video tapes..... Look it up kidz

9 hours ago, maqroll said:

Almost came to blows with the head chef tonight. Then I gave him the "Villa Were Just Relegated Stare", and he backed right the **** up.

The sexual innuendo is strong with this one

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

I heard someone do this in McDonald's yesterday whilst I was waiting at the side for my food. He looked at me quizzically when I literally burst out laughing thinking of this thread 

So that was you laughing at me when I asked "Can I get a mcmuffin"? 

• Like 1

Â