Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

My brothers house was robbed whilst they were out bowling last night. 

The just took what they could carry easily, my nephews ps3, some games,  2 kindles and some cash. Bastards.

Sister in law called Amazon today and told them the 2 kindles that they bought 3 weeks ago had been stolen and they are sending out replacements free of charge! That's incredible service.

I'm gonna try and get my nephew a cheap replacement ps3... 

I had two bikes stolen from the garage two weeks before Christmas. Some people are just defective.

On the up side, witnessing first hand two weeks of the comedy incompetence of the police was almost worth it. Almost.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I had two bikes stolen from the garage two weeks before Christmas. Some people are just defective.

On the up side, witnessing first hand two weeks of the comedy incompetence of the police was almost worth it. Almost.

I can imagine. Sitting down doing statements thinking what's the point. A waste of my time, the police time and a waste of paper and ink.

My Mum and Dad's house got burgled just before last Christmas, including most the Christmas presents, the TV, my Mum's jewellery and the car, all in broad daylight.  Luckily they have enough to take the words removed to court in January and hopefully they'll get at least 7 years and raped by big willies.  The ring leader has vanished though, predictably.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

They actually missed a decent bike and took two duffers. They obviously thought the hammerite on the handle bars was some sort of secret olympic quality kevlar material. Annoying thing for me was it happened 10:00pm in the evening and the police were called by someone that disturbed them. Police or passer by didn't bother telling me about it though. I found out the next day, phoned the police and they already knew. They said they'd sent a car around but didn't see anything. Which couldn't have been the most observant police drive by ever, they didn't spot power tools lined up on the roof ready to go or the grass strimmer and roof bars leaning against the wall ready to go. I'm just amazed that in 12 hours, the burglars didn't return or some other scrote help themselves to the impromptu yard sale.

So, burglary was Wednesday, I found out on Thursday. Friday, first policeman turns up and asks me why I didn't report it Wednesday. I explain the story to date. He queries why I'm now saying it happened at exactly 10:00pm when in my original phone statement I said between 5:00pm and 10:00pm. I explain it was always exactly 10:00pm, or at least that's when the police told me it happened. Then, in taking my statement over the phone when I repeated 10 back to them, I was told I couldn't give an exact time, I had to give a 'slot', so I chose the 'between 5 and 10' slot.

The next day, Saturday, he came back, this time he had his sergeant with him. The sergeant asked me to go over the whole timeline with him one more time. Which I did. They got it, the facts were locked down! I offered them a look at the garage and we all trooped off up the garden, teas in hand. I showed them the smudged remnants of the boot print on the door and the sergeant asked if forensics got a decent photo of it. I explained he was the first policeman to actually stand in the garden and look at the door. He did a sort of swivel on his heels, but even facing away from me he quite clear said 'oh for **** sake!'. 

So, it's Saturday, burglary was Wednesday and the Sergeant tells me there's been a bit of a cock up but f I can just bear with them, forensics will be around. 

Monday: I get a phone call 'Hello, it's Mike. I'm not coming out for this.' I ask Mike who he is. 'Oh yeah, I'm Mike from forensics, you had a burglary last week, there won't be anything left for me to see so I'm not coming, best thing you can do is go down Cash Converters once a week and see if you spot your bike'.

End of that week, Thursday or Friday, I get a follow up call from my local community police officer to tell me that the forensics report is back from the lab and they didn't find anything. I tell him that's quite interesting as forensics never came. Later that evening his sergeant phones to check if forensics ever visited. Sergeant assures me this is simply somebody not doing their job and nothing to do with budget cuts or a lack of resource. I did wonder why he thought cock up was better than budget constraints, but I let that one slide.

They were all really nice people trying to help. I was embarrassed in the end how much time it was taking up.

This week I've had a letter offering me counselling.

You should just ever so slightly hint at a legal response or notifying the press to their mess. I bet things improve :lol:

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

They actually missed a decent bike and took two duffers. They obviously thought the hammerite on the handle bars was some sort of secret olympic quality kevlar material. Annoying thing for me was it happened 10:00pm in the evening and the police were called by someone that disturbed them. Police or passer by didn't bother telling me about it though. I found out the next day, phoned the police and they already knew. They said they'd sent a car around but didn't see anything. Which couldn't have been the most observant police drive by ever, they didn't spot power tools lined up on the roof ready to go or the grass strimmer and roof bars leaning against the wall ready to go. I'm just amazed that in 12 hours, the burglars didn't return or some other scrote help themselves to the impromptu yard sale.

So, burglary was Wednesday, I found out on Thursday. Friday, first policeman turns up and asks me why I didn't report it Wednesday. I explain the story to date. He queries why I'm now saying it happened at exactly 10:00pm when in my original phone statement I said between 5:00pm and 10:00pm. I explain it was always exactly 10:00pm, or at least that's when the police told me it happened. Then, in taking my statement over the phone when I repeated 10 back to them, I was told I couldn't give an exact time, I had to give a 'slot', so I chose the 'between 5 and 10' slot.

The next day, Saturday, he came back, this time he had his sergeant with him. The sergeant asked me to go over the whole timeline with him one more time. Which I did. They got it, the facts were locked down! I offered them a look at the garage and we all trooped off up the garden, teas in hand. I showed them the smudged remnants of the boot print on the door and the sergeant asked if forensics got a decent photo of it. I explained he was the first policeman to actually stand in the garden and look at the door. He did a sort of swivel on his heels, but even facing away from me he quite clear said 'oh for **** sake!'. 

So, it's Saturday, burglary was Wednesday and the Sergeant tells me there's been a bit of a cock up but f I can just bear with them, forensics will be around. 

Monday: I get a phone call 'Hello, it's Mike. I'm not coming out for this.' I ask Mike who he is. 'Oh yeah, I'm Mike from forensics, you had a burglary last week, there won't be anything left for me to see so I'm not coming, best thing you can do is go down Cash Converters once a week and see if you spot your bike'.

End of that week, Thursday or Friday, I get a follow up call from my local community police officer to tell me that the forensics report is back from the lab and they didn't find anything. I tell him that's quite interesting as forensics never came. Later that evening his sergeant phones to check if forensics ever visited. Sergeant assures me this is simply somebody not doing their job and nothing to do with budget cuts or a lack of resource. I did wonder why he thought cock up was better than budget constraints, but I let that one slide.

They were all really nice people trying to help. I was embarrassed in the end how much time it was taking up.

This week I've had a letter offering me counselling.

you sure that's not an episode of blackadder?

• Like 1

Big shots that think they have to sit by the pool on holiday all day long barking out orders to their underlings .... You're on holiday  spend some time with your kids ffs

• Like 1

Big shots that think they have to sit by the pool on holiday all day long barking out orders to their underlings .... You're on holiday  spend some time with your kids ffs

If they were near them, they'd only touch them.

Â