Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

group of lads taunting the chimp at drayton manor zoo yesterday to which it got very distressed. horrible people.

It's a sad story about that chimp

'Toto's lonely': Zoo staff put up heartbreaking sign explaining why chimp is sad - because his partner Topsy died after 45 years together and he's too old to live with anyone new

yeah i noticed it the other year when i went. beautiful creatures and really makes me sad that animals cant live out in the wild for fear of being extinct. the world and humans are so cruel at times. i have a hard time of visiting zoo's at times, yes some are good and some have the species best interests at heart but you just know these animals are not really happy. such a shame.

• Like 2

Treating myself to a Waitrose weekly shop full of lovely treats only to return home, unpack it all and then remember I'm in Edinburgh for most of the week. Most of it'll be out of date before I get back.

Looks like I'd better get stuck in today.

In M&S earlier doing my food shop. Saw a bloke wearing a dirty fleece top, trousers that looked like pyjama bottoms (or very ghey tracky bottoms) and a pair of crocs. 

I don't know who he was or whether he was mentally ill but I instantly wanted him to be hit by an asteroid. 

• Like 1

Going through one of those shitty low periods (not caused by the Tories, although not helped ;) ) in which I get very little done and I just drink tea and stare into space.

What pisses me off is that I thought I was getting too old for this shit. Apparently not.

Dear diary etc.

If it's any consolation, so am I.  Hoping the impending summer here helps to see it off.

Don't do that choffer, he'll only go and piss on your sofa  :P

hang on a minute i ay the one that does the pissing on sofa's.

In M&S earlier doing my food shop. Saw a bloke wearing a dirty fleece top, trousers that looked like pyjama bottoms (or very ghey tracky bottoms) and a pair of crocs. 

I don't know who he was or whether he was mentally ill but I instantly wanted him to be hit by an asteroid. 

where was this?

where was this?

Don't worry RV, it weren't you. I know what you look like!

It was M&S in New Oscott. 

group of lads taunting the chimp at drayton manor zoo yesterday to which it got very distressed. horrible people.

I went to Twycross Zoo yesterday. There was a family there that were just horrible. I saw them do a few things through the course of the day that'll probably make me look like some smug middle class git. But surely you can work out for yourself that one of the dining tables inside the chip shop on site is not the right place to change a baby's nappy? FFS 10 metres to the side are dedicated baby changing rooms. But hey, I suppose that would have slowed you down eating your chips at the same time. Utterly gross.

We had words later in the day, there was a small quiet group of us watching the gorillas, in wanders this same family. Dad starts taking flash photos and actually starts banging the glass and shouting 'oooh oooh', it was as funny as it was bad. After the third time he did this, trying to get the male gorilla to turn around, I said there was a sign that said don't bang on the glass.

His lovely missus span the baby buggy around, marched out and announced, 'come on let's go, these people are ignorant!'.

Well, that was unexpected. One of the other families in there, laughed, nodded at me and said 'yeah ignorant'. We all had a little superior chuckle to ourselves.

But what IQ of bloke still bangs on the glass of an animal enclosure in 2015? They are still out there these broken people. 

• Like 1

BBC giving women's football more coverage than it warrants.

And not for one second is it because they're women, before anybody jumps down my throat.

• Like 2

BBC giving women's football more coverage than it warrants.

And not for one second is it because they're women, before anybody jumps down my throat.

the fact that if they dont give it that level of coverage they will be labelled as sexist, no doubt by people that have very little interest in football too

the demand simply isnt there 

did see something at the weekend about how south korean female international footballer of the year scored for chelsea in game vs man city in the FA cup semi final, their football sounds as dull as ours

That's my problem.

I have no problem it getting coverage. And it's admirable for them to give it a bit more coverage than it warrants to try and raise it's profile.

But at the moment I feel like it's getting way more column inches than anybody cares about. Now it just looks like them trying to push a product.

That's my problem.

I have no problem it getting coverage. And it's admirable for them to give it a bit more coverage than it warrants to try and raise it's profile.

But at the moment I feel like it's getting way more column inches than anybody cares about. Now it just looks like them trying to push a product.

Women's football is shite, and shouldn't be shown on TV.

• Like 3

That's my problem.

They need to play in tighter tops. Preferably showing cleavage and mid-riff.

Oh and hot pants too :P

• Like 2

Â