Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

facebook does my head in sometimes, ive never had an account and never will. some of the shit people put on it drives me mad, i dont mind people saying how much they love their kids or how proud they are of them but not all the time.  i mean come on,we all love our kids and are proud to be their mommy or daddy but some people just do it for attention. what pisses me off as well is when mums slate the kids dad all over facebook and vice versa.

If you've never had an account, how does it do your head in?

obviously all my mates are on it and my missus is so im always hearing this and that about facebook. i like the concept of it, but its just full of shit mainly. im contented with VT.

It's all gone off in here!

My view was that I don't want kids. If you want kids, then great, happy for you! However, i just don't see myself as a parent. I struggle to look after myself!  :D  Perhaps its me being selfish but I don't want the responsibility of looking after a child. I don't think I am ready and unsure if I ever will be  :)

Although, if truth be understood, it is never a bloke's choice these days.

A woman's right to choose is inviolable - her body, her choice.

If a man wants children but the woman doesn't, it is an attack on her freedom to pressure her to have a child.

If she wants children and the man does not, it is considered a denial of a woman's right to fulfil her maternal drives.

Having an opinion other than enthusiastic agreement with her choice, is also not allowed.

A rather cynical view, but undoubtedly a common scenario. 

All the more reason that couple should sort out the terms of their relationships before they get too committed. Although even then, one partner may change their minds later. 

We were lucky, we agreed that children were not the reason for our relationship, but that we were not opposed to the idea either. We both warmed to the idea of becoming parents about the same time (after five years of marriage), so that was OK. Despite the inevitable ups and downs (which is life, anyway) we've never regretted it for a minute. 

sounds about right

we were a couple for 6 years before getting married and then it was another 8 years before we both agreed having kids would be a good move - it suited both of us as we were bizarrely well matched (my parents were very good, no pressure, though it later turned out they'd presumed it was 'a little problem' and were too embarrassed to ask)

early on we just wanted the shagging

later on we wanted our money to be spent on seeing Africa and Europe

14 years down the line, kids was a mutually agreed adventure

and I / we wouldn't play it any differently if we were going to start over

anybody worried about being pressured or denied anything they really really want needs to take a good long look at themselves and the partner they've chosen - not here long enough to spend too much time being 'denied' anything

I do find people get a bit odd toward those who say they don't want children, although attitudes are certainly improving. On my part, I just don't want them. I don't think about it because I have other goals in life.

On the other hand, I do know people that get awfully sniffy toward people who opt to have children. It's a personal choice, and people should be understanding and not so small minded.

Agree, I constantly get asked when am I having children and constantly have to tell the same people that I'm not, the missus dad simply can't get his head round it

You should see peoples faces when I tell them I've got no intention of getting married either

Using the tumble dryer to dry towels ....pointless and expensive

Isn't the point that your towels are now dry? And the alternative being having wet towels draped throughout the house like the market from Aladdin? Well worth 50p a week IMO.

Not to go back to kids but i can't conceive ever having the sufficient means to do a proper job. I certainly don't begrudge those who do, if my post came across as bitter at all it was not my intention. I accept if I was in relationship that was going well my attitude might be susceptible to change but I don't actively seek it was possibly my point. Or maybe it was flippant bloke empathy with singledom. I never know what I mean really. Anyway, possible backtracking over. Back to my cider.

• Like 1

Well, down the bottom of the hill is a community garden, donated land from the council and ABP, converted into an allotment come garden come mini mini nature reserve.

Overnight, some idiot has broken the gate, broken into the shed, smashed open a huge tub of bird feed to use the top as a box to steal a load of veg.

For whatever reason, they've then abandoned the box of veg about 50 metres away. They took a couple of squashes, half a dozen spuds, a couple of onions etc..

Stupid thing is, the veg is free to anyone that wants it and the damaged gate wasn't locked. The shed door wasn't locked either, but far easier to just kick it in than try the handle.

There is quite literally no helping some people.

Tumble dryers don't dry clothes out evenly anyway, I've found.

Buy a proper one then :) Like Rob said, towels are horrible when hang-dried. Unless you use fabric softener which is a allergy magnet.

Elsewhere from this reddit thread, I have learnt there is an immortal ( of sorts ) creature in the world, but it's a sodding Jellyfish. This sincerely pisses me off.

As much as when I tell you there is no such thing as a jellyfish?

Â