Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Do you think in, like, 100 years, maybe even less, people will look back on all these people dying from cancer in the same way as we look back on people dying form infections and stuff.

As in, we look back now to the time before antibiotics and think "It must have been crazy to live in a world where you get an infection and there's a good chance you'll die".

Or the plague. You just have to hope you don't get the plague. And if you do, you're ****.

Will people be thinking, in 50 years "it must have been crazy to live in a world where you get cancer and there's a good chance you'll die"?

Michio kaku thinks in 30 years time, we'll be urinating in toilets that analyse our waste.

So you'll pee, and your toilet will tell you, you have protein strands that are the beginning of any type of cancer. You will then go to the doctor with a read out and he will be able to sort it out before even the smallest of tumours are formed.

Source: YouTube Michio kaku, 30 years from now.

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 1

That's cool.

I've thought a lot about there being some sort of body scanner that can detect cancer, can't be that hard.

You pop along for a checkup once a year and check if you're cancer free or not.

Sounds simple in my head :D

there better be flying cars and robot wives.

Current wife is pissing me off though, her indecisiveness can be charming, most of the time, but today its gone to new, irritating levels. Couple that with a colleague being an idiot and making me take through something for the 10th time which is frigging basic.

Edited by Seat68

I've just listened to Hotel Caliornia for the first time. I can't understand how it became such a famous song, really awful. Apologies for my negativity, I'm sure The Eagles must've done some cracking tracks.

Actually I'm not sure of that at all but good that must mean a lot to some people.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

I've just listened to Hotel California for the first time. I can't understand how it became such a famous song, really awful. Apologies for my negativity, I'm sure The Eagles must've done some cracking tracks.

Actually I'm not sure of that at all but good that must mean a lot to some people.

First time? Were you raised in the wilderness?!  :)

• Like 2

Gareth, sorry to hear about your missus' friend.. awful news.  :(

Makes what i'm going to moan about now irrelevant but.. put some trainers on today that I haven't worn in ages and went to work... after 30 mins I realised why I don't wear them. They rub like a bastard! Home now after 11 hours in them and my heels looks like they have been in the bacon slicer  :(. Trainers in bin. 

Gareth, sorry to hear about your missus' friend.. awful news. :(

Makes what i'm going to moan about now irrelevant but.. put some trainers on today that I haven't worn in ages and went to work... after 30 mins I realised why I don't wear them. They rub like a bastard! Home now after 11 hours in them and my heels looks like they have been in the bacon slicer :(. Trainers in bin.

tragic, cancer effects most peoples lives in some way. Come on xela, do the good thing and send them to africa

I've just listened to Hotel California for the first time. I can't understand how it became such a famous song, really awful. Apologies for my negativity, I'm sure The Eagles must've done some cracking tracks.

First time? Were you raised in the wilderness?!  :)

I'd heard people mention it loads but for some reason never got around to listening to it.

Here's that Michio Kaku video I was talking about;

:snip:

It's an hour long, but very entertaining! :D

I'll watch when I get time, but the urinal thing I thought we'd already have by now. We still don't have hydrophobic clothing commonly available yet and I thought that would be years ago.

First time? Were you raised in the Dronfield?! :)

Fixed :P

• Like 1

Seen a couple of people on my Facebook had posted (although it turns out they'd been hacked) a video, titled along the lines of "most people can't watch more than 5 seconds of this video". Obviously I didn't click on the link, but the image on the link has really turned my stomach, and I can't get it out of my head. There's some sick ***** around! 

Â