Where will we finish ?

The real test will be seeing how we get on against the likes of Fulham/ Tesco bags/ Stoke/ three promoted teams. If we can play against them and get the results I don't think top 6 is out of question as we will pick up some points against the Sky 6 (Manure/ Citeh/ Chel$ki/ Arse/ Plop and Spuds).

Hate to say it but would be happy scrapping Everton and Spammers (bloody Fat Sam) for top 10 upwards.

If we drop a level against the rest we will struggle and I just hope for above 18th........

This is my worry, we are always capable of putting in big performances against big teams and then falling off to lesser ones. That being said though, we have to remember the likes of Norwich, Southampton etc have strengthened significantly.

I'm sticking with mid-table for now. We've played excellently against 2 top teams, but we're yet to see how we play against teams who sit back k and let us attack. Against Stoke/ Baggies/ Fulham we won't be able to counter attack as often as we have against Chelsea and Arsenal.

It's looking promising though!

7th. Maybe even more of a surprise is in store though?

Great start, let's hope injuries aren't an issue.

Can't underestimate the value of competition even for the bench - still feel we need another striker, another couple of midfielders and a CB for a solid campaign. I am buzzing, this morning i am not sure i am even bothered about the missed opportunity and Kevin Friend. Bring on Liverpool.

Collymore was saying last night that this tough start could be a blessing in disguise for us once we get through it. The players will have set themselves an incredibly high level for effort and concentration that will hopefully leave us in good shape for the Newcastle and Norwich games.

After 2 games I'm not going to get too excited just yet.  We stil havent played average opponents and we still havent played at home.  But from what I've seen so far and the end of last season. I'm going to say 10th.

I don't want to be deluded .. 

But maan .. 

Last year we played :

Everton , Fulham and Wigan .. A,H,A .. 3-3,1-1,2-2 ..

Arsenal , City , Liverpool , Utd and Chelsea .. A,H,H,A,H .. 2-1,1-0,2-1,3-0,2-1 .. 

West Ham , Reading , QPR , Stoke , Sunderland and Norwich .. H,A,H,A,H,A .. 2-1,2-1,3-2,3-1,6-1.2-1 ..

We only lost to the top teams .. And drew against a top 6 Everton in the last minutes .. And against Wigan in the last day ..

I fear from all of our games .. But as a stat .. We're not bad against lesser teams !

Before the season started i thought 12th-16th.

But with this positive start 11th-15th seems about right

So a positive start increases your prediction by one space? No offence but but that isn't much of a change :D

• Like 1

My power ratings are rather tentative at this point (between only counting the tail-end of last season* and European qualifiers; and not having enough games from the promoted sides to judge), but a prelimnary Monte Carlo simulation (1000 runs) gives us an average predicted finish of 7.2 with an upper quartile finish (25% chance of this finish or better) of 5th and a lower quartile finish of 9th.

• Like 2

Â