Where will we finish ?

Without investment to get the players we are crying out for (an advanced midfielder, some wingers) we'll struggle.

The difference between us and Newcastle, was an attacking play maker who can open the defence and some quick footed wingers who took the game to us out wide.

Edited by dodgyknees
  • Like 2

Still way too early to predict for me.

Teams are going to come at us, get a goal and sit back and invite pressure from players who cannot break teams down. It's a problem which sticks out like a sore thumb and the answer is not a "big man" striker.

Still way too early to predict for me.

Teams are going to come at us, get a goal and sit back and invite pressure from players who cannot break teams down. It's a problem which sticks out like a sore thumb and the answer is not a "big man" striker.

I don't recall saying or implying that we would finish in a high position, just that it's too early to properly predict - and it is. It's a long season and I think we could finish anywhere from 8th-17th, which I would've said at the start of the season. There doesn't seem to be much between 7th and 20th this year.

Edited by Mantis

Midtable.

I do think people get hung up on losing  games sometimes, yes 3 loses out of 4 isn't great (even though two of those were expected) but say we go to Norwich next week and win (which we've done twice under Lambert) then that will get you more points than two battling draws in a week as we were doing this time two years ago under McLeish e.g. a 1-1 home draw against ironically Newcastle was followed by a 1-1 at Qpr.

We will get wins and points away from home, we're just set up for it so I'm expecting 4 points from Hull and Norwich and would be worried if we did below that.

But our crippling inability to win many home games will mean we struggle to move much above that.

• Like 1

Completely deflated after today, I thought we'd really turned a corner since last season but it seems I was wrong. Top half will be a real achievement.

Having said that, I don't think we'll go down. Today was a bad day, but there will be better days to come.

• Like 1

Still plenty of weak teams in this league, Norwich, Promoted three, Fulham, West Brom, Stoke and West Ham have the look of solid midtable to me, Newcastle aswell as long as their attacking players stay fit.

We can finish above most of those teams no problem but we won't trouble the top 8 winning 5 home games all season.

I've seen nothing to suggest we'll finish any higher than last season, sorry to say.

Norwich away is a huge game. Lose that one and we are in very big trouble indeed - especially with Man City to come after that.

Â