Antonio Luna

Phumfeinz

Well, are most of you good fans for the team, or not? That's the important question. Whining and lambasting players when they are playing, is for me bad supporter attitude and detrimental to our club. Excuses like, I payed so i have the right, is a horribly wrong attitude. Stay home, or come and support the players. That is what supporters should do, whatever they feel about the players abilities. So yes, I believe the club is in bad shape, but many supporters are equally bad.

Yes Momo, you're a better fan than me.

:huh:

Well, are most of you good fans for the team, or not? That's the important question. Whining and lambasting players when they are playing, is for me bad supporter attitude and detrimental to our club. Excuses like, I payed so i have the right, is a horribly wrong attitude. Stay home, or come and support the players. That is what supporters should do, whatever they feel about the players abilities. So yes, I believe the club is in bad shape, but many supporters are equally bad.

Yes Momo, you're a better fan than me.

That's not what I said or meant. You are probably a better fan than me. It is just so frustrating being at Villa Park, when Villa is not winning. I feel that we should learn a bit from the Liverpool supporters.

That's not what I said or meant. You are probably a better fan than me. It is just so frustrating being at Villa Park, when Villa is not winning. I feel that we should learn a bit from the Liverpool supporters.

I'd say we are equal. Ultimately we are all fans and do want the best for the club but we all have our own personalities and these shape how we express our support.

I don't think there should be a set black-and-white 'right or wrong' way to support the club. This for me is where lots of the divide amongst fans actually comes from rather than just a differing on views. There is a sort of sanctimonious mentality from some about how you should support the club which often comes across as patronising and often results in snidey comments.

I'd just like to see that put aside and for the debate to be over footballing issues of which my original post about my judgement of Luna was intended to be.

So much for giving players time to adapt, especially when coming from abroad. One season is not enough to fully judge Luna. He's not without faults but he a different option going forward. Be interesting to see if he improves on loan. I'd happily welcome him back to the club. Despite the hyperbole of some, he is not the worst left back we've had in the past few years, for me personally.

So much for giving players time to adapt, especially when coming from abroad. One season is not enough to fully judge Luna. He's not without faults but he a different option going forward. Be interesting to see if he improves on loan. I'd happily welcome him back to the club. Despite the hyperbole of some, he is not the worst left back we've had in the past few years, for me personally.

You do realise that it's Lambert who has sent him packing, and not the fans?  Lambert would appear to think that Bennett and Enda Stevens are better than Luna, which says all you need to know about how highly Lambert rates him!

Despite the hyperbole of some, he is not the worst left back we've had in the past few years, for me personally.

Which ones would you deem to be worse out of interest?

I would say it's not Lambert that's let him go specifically, but more that we have 4 left backs and 2 centre backs who can play (not that well) there. With so much cover for this position in a small squad he was probably willing to listen to loan or permanent offers for any of these players except Richardson

At the time I had no idea who it was, then I realised it was him and I though "what the hell are you doing?!". Looked like he thought the same too with his looks back behind him, fantastic finish mind you.

• Like 1

At the time I had no idea who it was, then I realised it was him and I though "what the hell are you doing?!". Looked like he thought the same too with his looks back behind him, fantastic finish mind you.

Yeah, I too remember thinking that "what's Luna doing up there, WTH???"

And the finish was such quality, after a long run with the ball. Awesome moment.

Absurd to say he's the worst full-back to play for us since 2001, he's not even worse than Warnock or Bennett. Anyway, never mind, better luck at the next gig, and thanks for the Arsenal goal. Fingers crossed Richardson finally answers the left-back dilemma. 

I would say it's not that Lambert's let him (Luna) go specifically

I would say specifically that it is. What with him being team manager and everything.
I worded it badly I meant Lambert hasn't specifically looked to get Luna out the door he was probably listening to offers for Luna, Baker, Bennett, Clark and Stevens. Luna was the first one to gain interest Edited by skarroki

Personally feel that Bennett has turned in some worse performances than this guy. He wasn't nearly good enough but I don't think it's a lost cause either. Still, think this might be the end of his villa career. That goal against Arsenal was something special for me at least.

Despite the hyperbole of some, he is not the worst left back we've had in the past few years, for me personally.

Which ones would you deem to be worse out of interest?

Bennett is much much worse.

Warnock went through a very odd period where it looked like he was trying to get sent off.

At times for Liverpool last season it looked like Cissokho couldn't run properly, will have to see how he settles in.

Â