Antonio Luna

Phumfeinz

I though Luna was fine the next week v Man. City, did well v Navas. No idea on the Hull and Spurs games but we didn't look terrible defensively in either. He then got injured v Everton and was poor when he came back.

Left back is certainly a jink position for us since Bouma got injured. Best we've probably had there would be Luke Young.

Thanks for trying Antonio,  thanks for the Arsenal goal when everything for us looked promising as a club.  Sorry it didnt work out,  sometimes that happens in football doesn't it.  Good luck for your career ,  sorry for the reaction of some of our fans but I think that is more a reflection on the general malaise at the club right now not you personally.

• Like 3

Thanks for trying Antonio,  thanks for the Arsenal goal when everything for us looked promising as a club.  Sorry it didnt work out,  sometimes that happens in football doesn't it.  Good luck for your career ,  sorry for the reaction of some of our fans but I think that is more a reflection on the general malaise at the club right now not you personally.

Blimey! Get over yourself mate. Crap players get criticised on public forums like this. It's a bit sad that certain people keep turning how you chose to support the club into a competition, certainly not befitting of a place which is intended to promote a grown-up exchange of opinions.

• Like 2

Thanks for trying Antonio, thanks for the Arsenal goal when everything for us looked promising as a club. Sorry it didnt work out, sometimes that happens in football doesn't it. Good luck for your career , sorry for the reaction of some of our fans but I think that is more a reflection on the general malaise at the club right now not you personally.

Blimey! Get over yourself mate. Crap players get criticised on public forums like this. It's a bit sad that certain people keep turning how you chose to support the club into a competition, certainly not befitting of a place which is intended to promote a grown-up exchange of opinions.

Grown up opinions such as "he's the worst player I've seen play left back, ever"

• Like 1

Grown up opinions such as "he's the worst player I've seen play left back, ever"

Which I didn't say.

Good riddance. Without doubt the worst defender I've ever had the misfortune of watching turn out for us and his display at Norwich was quite simply one of the worst I've seen from any full-back, ever.

I'm sorry I'm not trying to wind you up or anything but I wouldn't call people out on giving "grown up opinions" I don't think Richards comments were an attack on you, I think it's more a general point of how if we were in better shape our poorer players would be waved off and wished good luck rather than spoken of so negatively

Edited by skarroki
  • Like 1

So where in that comment does it say "he's the worst player I've seen play left back, ever"?

I said he is the worst defender that I've ever seen play for us (so from 2001 onwards) and that his performance at Norwich was once of the worst I've ever seen from a full-back. Not quite the same as what you misquoted and I'm yet to see any response as to why either of those two assertions are farfetched.

Edited by Isa

Trust me and my sense of trying to get involved when I promised I wouldnt.

My post above was not aimed at any one person in particular.  I must say that before I start.

Now ISA "where in that comment does it say "he's the worst player I've seen play left back, ever"? ".  It doesnt say that exactly.

However "I said he is the worst defender that I've ever seen play for us ".

Defenders usually play in one of four positions,  right back,  left back or two centre backs (not trying to be patronising just trying to point something out so bare with me)

You said he was the worst defender you you had ever seen play for us.  If you think he was there was a worst left back then that person would then become the worst defender.  As Luna's position was left back and as he was the worst defender you have seen play for us,  ergo he must be the worst player you have seen play left back ever?

The worst left-back I've seen play for us yes but Skakkori's misquotation gave the impression that I had said he is the worst ever left-back I had seen from any club.

Edit: And as I've already eluded to, "I've seen" would only denote from when I first started following us, which isn't that long in the grand scheme of things.

Edited by Isa

Why not say goodbye with grace? If everything with the club is "worst ever", then what does that say about the supporers? Are they the "best ever"? If VT is to go by, then I would say hardly so.

• Like 3

Why not say goodbye with grace? If everything with the club is "worst ever", then what does that say about the supporers? Are they the "best ever"? If VT is to go by, then I would say hardly so.

That's pretty much it, most of us aren't so insecure that we need to obsess whether we are viewed as good or bad fans.

That's pretty much it, most of us aren't so insecure that we need to obsess whether we are viewed as good or bad fans.

Well, are most of you good fans for the team, or not? That's the important question. Whining and lambasting players when they are playing, is for me bad supporter attitude and detrimental to our club. Excuses like, I payed so i have the right, is a horribly wrong attitude. Stay home, or come and support the players. That is what supporters should do, whatever they feel about the players abilities. So yes, I believe the club is in bad shape, but many supporters are equally bad.

Well, are most of you good fans for the team, or not? That's the important question. Whining and lambasting players when they are playing, is for me bad supporter attitude and detrimental to our club. Excuses like, I payed so i have the right, is a horribly wrong attitude. Stay home, or come and support the players. That is what supporters should do, whatever they feel about the players abilities. So yes, I believe the club is in bad shape, but many supporters are equally bad.

Yes Momo, you're a better fan than me.

How sad are we arguing over a player being the worst at the club?

It could be worse. We could be arguing over a player who'd been announced leaving.

Unnecessary and childish, as mentioned already.

Â