Nicklas Helenius

bickster

A couple of headed goals in that compilation but judging by his own reaction to the first he doesn't get that many. I suppose this is the area of his game Lambert and the coaches will be looking to add to. But those fast feet and that touch mark him out as a bit of a talent. And he takes a blistering free kick. A couple of months to settle in and by November we might begin to see his real value.

• Like 1

Seems like a Benteke replacement signing, but I hope i'm wrong.

Bent?

Obvious replacement for Bent. Benteke is our first choice striker. Nicklas will give us a real different option from the bench.

Our teams heading ability makes a difference at set pieces though. At both ends.

Very true LL - As much as I hated Heskey in our team defensively he won more than his fair share of set pieces. It was just at the other end where he was atrocious. Let's hope Helenius nails both.

Benteke is very important for us defensively too. It's something he has clearly worked on, positioning etc.

It's not just that, it's his presence too. This kid clearly is nothing like that, from both what we've seen and the various reports we've been given.

He's a 6 foot 5 number 10. Hard to get your head around I know, but that's what he is. Perhaps even the attacking mid we're looking for?

Mount Helenius I'm calling him.

Danish journo was on about him having excellent control so looks like we've signed a Crouch like good feet for a big man type of striker.

Nicklas have great feet and his shot is the best ive seen in the danish league for many years, just look at his goals. But he isnt strong in the air, which is also why I'd think he isnt a Benteke replacement. His counter attacking game is one of his strong sides too, he has got good vision.

I'd like to see Benteke with Nicklas when he has adjusted to the english game. Nicklas wouldnt work well as a lone striker, you also wouldnt benefit from his creative game, when he has a bit of space to work on he is terrific, and Benteke can give him that room. If you are going to use him as Benteke that would be a really shame, with Lambert in charge I'm sure you have scouted Nicklas well and wont play him alone on top.

We don't play with a lone striker. At least we didn't towards the end of the season, it was definitely a front three, proven by the volume of goals Gabby in particular scored.

Do you think Helenius has the turn of pace to play as a wide striker?

Ah, Villa wasnt shown that often here in Denmark in the latter stages of last season. With Okore and Helenius having joined you, we will get to see a lot more Villa games next season.

He might, he is not slow by any means and he can create chances, but to be honest I wouldnt be able to give you a qualified answer. I've never seen anyone play him wide, not in the youth teams either. But what you want with Helenius is to line him up for his main asset, his shot.

Edited by CocaineNicklas

So you moved the thread i see, i did wonder why the other one was so quiet... :)

A little article from a danish online-media. Hope the google-translate is OK, don't have time to translate it myself:

Helenius: Do not expect playing time from the start

Nicklas Helenius does not expect that he will direct for Aston Villa and play. First he must get used to the Premier League and build on the particular physics.

AaB striker Nicklas Helenius switched today to the Premier League club Aston Villa. Here he comes in hard company with more skilled attackers, but he sees as something positive.

- Of course there is competition, but it also makes me feel better. In the national team there are also many attackers on the tender. It makes more desire and determination to show that you are good enough, says Nicklas Helenius to bold.dk.

The long north Jutland does not expect that he go directly to Birmingham and grab a spot on the team. First he must get used to things and build on.

- I've been told I get chances if I perform as I have shown, I can. And then I put some things on, and it gives me time. You know, I still need to grow. There is no one expects me to enter and play from the start, and I do not even. It is a development, so it felt like the right club, he says.

- Tempo-wise, I get used to the Premier League and learn how to play one or two touches when you can as the attacker. Physical must also be built, although I think I have shown that I am able to keep defenders away. But there must kilos on the body, says Helenius.

Nicklas Helenius has signed a three-year contract in the traditional, English club, where he is joined by fellow countryman Jores Okore who switch from FC North Zealand.

• Like 1

So you moved the thread i see, i did wonder why the other one was so quiet... :)

A little article from a danish online-media. Hope the google-translate is OK, don't have time to translate it myself:

Helenius: Do not expect playing time from the start

Nicklas Helenius does not expect that he will direct for Aston Villa and play. First he must get used to the Premier League and build on the particular physics.

AaB striker Nicklas Helenius switched today to the Premier League club Aston Villa. Here he comes in hard company with more skilled attackers, but he sees as something positive.

- Of course there is competition, but it also makes me feel better. In the national team there are also many attackers on the tender. It makes more desire and determination to show that you are good enough, says Nicklas Helenius to bold.dk.

The long north Jutland does not expect that he go directly to Birmingham and grab a spot on the team. First he must get used to things and build on.

- I've been told I get chances if I perform as I have shown, I can. And then I put some things on, and it gives me time. You know, I still need to grow. There is no one expects me to enter and play from the start, and I do not even. It is a development, so it felt like the right club, he says.

- Tempo-wise, I get used to the Premier League and learn how to play one or two touches when you can as the attacker. Physical must also be built, although I think I have shown that I am able to keep defenders away. But there must kilos on the body, says Helenius.

Nicklas Helenius has signed a three-year contract in the traditional, English club, where he is joined by fellow countryman Jores Okore who switch from FC North Zealand.

The first ever player-director? Yeah I don't think I expect that either

"I thought that maybe when I was 28 or something I might eventually be able to move to the Premier League having made my mark in Danish football, but now I have my chance and I think this is the right club for me with all the other young players in the side who want to do well and achieve something together.

"I want to show the fans that I'm hungry for this and that I'm very proud to be a Villa player."

Love this.  If you want to know why young players want to play for Villa and why we have a shot to keep Benteke, read the bolded part.  

• Like 1

I remember people were posting youtube videos of Holman trying to show how great he was. Clearly youtube highlights is a great indicator of a players talents. Trust me, Freddy Adu is the best player in the world, I have the youtube clips to back it up. 

Bendtner is Bendtner's biggest fan. And some teams believe his hype. He has made a career as a footballer and I for one applaud him. Never stop believing. I'd hope Helenius would do a lot better than Nick.

I know it's easy to take the piss out of Bendtner ( because of his finishing and the fact that he's clearly a massive whopper ), but he still scored 43 times for Arsenal. If Helenius can do similar numbers for us then I'd be well happy with that

Yes, I was kind of wondering if Helenius was saying he wouldn't make as big an impact as Bentner has with that reply.

Hehe, yeah it can be taken both ways. I choose to interpret it as "Eh no... I intend to be successful".

Â