Nicklas Helenius

bickster

Mount Helenius I'm calling him.

Danish journo was on about him having excellent control so looks like we've signed a Crouch like good feet for a big man type of striker.

Nicklas have great feet and his shot is the best ive seen in the danish league for many years, just look at his goals. But he isnt strong in the air, which is also why I'd think he isnt a Benteke replacement. His counter attacking game is one of his strong sides too, he has got good vision.

I'd like to see Benteke with Nicklas when he has adjusted to the english game. Nicklas wouldnt work well as a lone striker, you also wouldnt benefit from his creative game, when he has a bit of space to work on he is terrific, and Benteke can give him that room. If you are going to use him as Benteke that would be a really shame, with Lambert in charge I'm sure you have scouted Nicklas well and wont play him alone on top.

"I was so inspired that I used to go by myself to an empty ground in my home town of Godthaab - a town of 900 people - and just kick the ball around, practise the skills and shoot. That was my whole life growing up.

"I learnt a lot over the past few seasons with Kent Nielsen as my manager. He was a player here at Villa and, while I have always been a good finisher, he taught me to be more aggressive and determined when I don't have the ball. He showed me how to work hard and this will help me in this league.

"I thought that maybe when I was 28 or something I might eventually be able to move to the Premier League having made my mark in Danish football but now I have my chance and I think this is the right club for me with all the other young players in the side who want to do well and achieve something together.

"I want to show the fans that I'm hungry for this and that I'm very proud to be a Villa player."

He does say the right things and I'm sure Kent has put in a positive word or two about our club. Welcome to VP Nick! 

This video has the most recent goals included too

oooooh Nicklas Helenius!

I think i prefer Ooooh Christian Benteke - pls stay. 

Needless to say, Nicklas will have to take a step or two up to be compared with where Benteke is now, having already made an impact in England. But you're practicly stealing him from us (AaB) at the price you're paying around 1.5 and 2 million pounds, or a bit more if all clauses are activated. He is worth more than that.

This video has the most recent goals included too

oooooh Nicklas Helenius!

I think i prefer Ooooh Christian Benteke - pls stay. 

Needless to say, Nicklas will have to take a step or two up to be compared with where Benteke is now, having already made an impact in England. But you're practicly stealing him from us (AaB) at the price you're paying around 1.5 and 2 million pounds, or a bit more if all clauses are activated. He is worth more than that.

Haha i'm sure there is a gulf in ability, I was singing the song we sing about Benteke. It just so happens Nicklas can fit into the same song :P

Danish journo was on about him having excellent control so looks like we've signed a Crouch like good feet for a big man type of striker.

Nicklas have great feet and his shot is the best ive seen in the danish league for many years, just look at his goals. But he isnt strong in the air, which is also why I'd think he isnt a Benteke replacement. His counter attacking game is one of his strong sides too, he has got good vision.

I'd like to see Benteke with Nicklas when he has adjusted to the english game. Nicklas wouldnt work well as a lone striker, you also wouldnt benefit from his creative game, when he has a bit of space to work on he is terrific, and Benteke can give him that room. If you are going to use him as Benteke that would be a really shame, with Lambert in charge I'm sure you have scouted Nicklas well and wont play him alone on top.

We don't play with a lone striker. At least we didn't towards the end of the season, it was definitely a front three, proven by the volume of goals Gabby in particular scored.

Do you think Helenius has the turn of pace to play as a wide striker?

Looking at that goals compilation I might have to agree with you about us stealing him. He doesn't seem to score a lot of ordinary goals.

I'd have though he was definitely worth more than 1 or 2 million. He really does have a bit of Benteke about him.

Playing the two of them up front together would just be ridiculous. In a 100% awesomeness kindof way. If I were Benteke I'd want to stick around just to get the chance to be part of that :)

Haha i'm sure there is a gulf in ability, I was singing the song we sing about Benteke. It just so happens Nicklas can fit into the same song :P

Ah, makes sense :D. You should try the danish Helenius song, converted it would go something like "We love to fight, and do cocaine, and Nicklas Helenius!"

What a song!!! I dont think that even needs changing... That will do nicely!

• Like 1

He reminds me of Lewandowski tbh, in the way he dribbles.

If I were Benteke I'd want to stick around just to get the chance to be part of that :)

If I were Benteke, I'd stick around just so I could play alongside a bloke called Helenius.  :)

Â