Nicklas Helenius

bickster

I hope he plays and gets a lot of playing time, proving to Villa that he deserves a chance!

Can someone keep tabs on him and post the highlights when he scores for Aalborg please!

So that proves its rubbish about him not signing to play last season.

Not necessarily.
Not sure how it doesn't. He clearly wasn't happy with the situation which would be strange if he, like its been said, signed knowing full well he wouldn't play this year. Edited by DCJonah

So that proves its rubbish about him not signing to play last season.

Not necessarily.
Not sure how it doesn't. He clearly wasn't happy with the situation which would be strange if he, like its been said, signed knowing full well he wouldn't play this year.

It's just a zombie idea. No matter how many times it gets shot, here it comes again, lurching back to life. Are we a charity for Danish footballers? Did we give him the number 9 shirt as a cruel joke? Is he affecting to be annoyed at a lack of opportunities as some kind of performance art project?

If the answer to those questions is 'no', then it's obvious that he was signed to play a role last season. Maybe not a big one or a leading one, but he wasn't signed to do nothing. 

Helenius has joined AaB on a 1 year loan. I imagine that you will be able to sell him on afterwards adn recoup your money or decide if he is ready for another chance next summer.

I am a very happy AaB-supporter! :)

Good luck to him, in hindsight might have been best to have bought him and loaned him back straight away let him improve for another season and then let him have a crack at breaking in to the first team. Hopefully he comes back to us a better player.

I agree, in hindsight. But i also wonder why he did not get any more chances during the season, with all of the injuries Villa has been through. There was no prospect in playing Holt. Bowery has also been shipped away now as i understand, so no prospect there either. So why not also give Helenius a go and a couple of chances, i don't think he was given a fair run at it. We will never know. I have'nt heard any confirmed reports as to what went wrong - some in here suggest bad training, but i cant match that with what i know of Helenius, as the strengt that i can see he has gained during the last year.

I will try to keep you updated once in a while, about his situation. He will be participating in a friendly match against AFC Ajax in Holland on saturday and the following weekend our season starts in Denmark. AaB, now with Helenius, will also participate in the Champions League qualification 3rd round for champions in the end of the month.

Edited by AaB-Aalborg

He could score a ton of goals, he won't be coming back here.Just like Bosko, Makoun, Berson. Once a player gets loaned out to an inferior league it is clear they have no future under current management.

If he had gone to the Championship I would argue he had a future.

The best we can hope for is it puts him in the shop window, I will look forward to tracking him this season though.

He could score a ton of goals, he won't be coming back here.Just like Bosko, Makoun, Berson. Once a player gets loaned out to an inferior league it is clear they have no future under current management.

The best we can hope for is it puts him in the shop window, I will look forward to tracking him this season though.

Jack Grealish - no future.  Ok.

Jack Grealish - no future.  Ok.

Calm down.

Apologies, I meant to state in a different country but it was pretty obvious I would have thought.

...and there is a difference between loaning out a kid for his very first taste of professional football to loaning out a player who we paid a fee for, who has played over 100 professional games and has international caps.

• 1 month later...

Another one of Lambert's 2013 summer signings is quietly farmed out. Makes you wonder what he was smoking 12 months ago.

Only Bacuna has made positive impact so far but we were all quite excited last summer. Shows you how much we as fans know.

This summer's transfer dealings, while dull, have quietly been very solid, though. 

• Like 2

Another one of Lambert's 2013 summer signings is quietly farmed out. Makes you wonder what he was smoking 12 months ago.

Only Bacuna has made positive impact so far but we were all quite excited last summer. Shows you how much we as fans know.

But the excitement was from the way that we had finished the previous season and the impact that Benteke had made. We hoped that all these other signings would work out as well. The majority of is had never heard of most before.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Â