Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Just now, KAZZAM said:

They are the new West Ham, amazing balance and players in crazy form. 

Afraid they are more than that.

Owners seem to know what they are doing.

Smart recruitment and a brilliant set up. Unlimited amount of cash.

One of the traditional top 6 clubs is going to be replaced. Will probably be Spurs.

Yet to really see how this Newcastle squad react to a run of bad form. They've been flying for months. Fair play to Howe. 

I'm not so convinced they're about to finish in the top 6. Time will tell I guess.

• Like 2

I think a lot of people are still in the denial phase.

Newcastle will replace one of the top 4 clubs and it's gonna happen very soon.

I have just accepted it at this point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

Only if one of the top 4 let them...

They have money, the top 4 have a £500m head start

If they do it then it shows the mismanagement of these big 6, they should be untouchable already but they're not because they're badly ran

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Only if one of the top 4 let them...

They have money, the top 4 have a £500m head start

If they do it then it shows the mismanagement of these big 6, they should be untouchable already but they're not because they're badly ran

Nothing to do with teams letting them.

They've shown top 4 form since Howe got appointed.

This isn't some random run of form.

3 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Nothing to do with teams letting them.

They've shown top 4 form since Howe got appointed.

This isn't some random run of form.

If Chelsea and man utd were well ran clubs with that level of spend no one would touch them

As it is they're not so the door opens

Newcastle haven't even started spending yet and they're 3 points clear of chelsea's £1.4bn squad, that says a whole lot more about Chelsea than it does about Newcastle IMO

Wait and see though, the PL has a history of exciting starts followed by the usual suspects finding their way to the CL places

There's something about Newcastle that really bothers me. Yes, they have rich owners, but they haven't spent *that* much money and haven't bought any genuine world-class players (maybe guimaraes if I'm being charitable), and their manager is a good manager but not necessarily an "elite" manager as people like to describe them.

They have bought solidly and sensibly, and bought in some smart football people on the management side, and that's all well and good. I'd expect them to improve this season over previous seasons, but incrementally. Not to suddenly rocket up into the Champions League places. Even Man City with their extravagant initial spending took some time to really cement themselves at the top.

Either this is a bit of a blip and Newcastle will drop back down to upper mid table by the end of the season or something else is going on that I can't immediately see.

23 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Today I am convinced. I mean I knew it would happen, but not quite as fast as it looks. I say that considering they still maintain form despite injuries. 

Granted, they have to show they can bounce back after things turn against them in terms of results, because sooner or later that will happen.

Bright future for sure, and they seem to be set to take a place I had hoped we could take in due time.

35 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Yes its only a matter of time.  They could easily finish in the top 4 this season and they will only get better like it or not. 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Yes its only a matter of time.  They could easily finish in the top 4 this season and they will only get better like it or not. 

I must have watched a different game as I thought they were average we just made them look good

Â