Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

On 25/02/2021 at 08:59, Demitri_C said:

If you had the choice of one of either newcastle or wba going down who would you go for?

Newcastle. nothing to do with rivalry, but the size of stadium, fanbase etc there's a chance that once they finally get new owners they'll actually sort their shit out and be a threat again. them going down would seriously hinder chances of new ownership

albion are always going to be a yo yo side. never going to be a threat to us

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:
On 25/02/2021 at 09:59, Demitri_C said:

If you had the choice of one of either newcastle or wba going down who would you go for?

Newcastle. nothing to do with rivalry, but the size of stadium, fanbase etc there's a chance that once they finally get new owners they'll actually sort their shit out and be a threat again. them going down would seriously hinder chances of new ownership

albion are always going to be a yo yo side. never going to be a threat to us

Newcastle all day long,  WBA are nothings but Newcastle,  Poxy one team town that everyone hates apart from the BBC.

I detest Newcastle.

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Almiron joins Wilson and Saint Maximin on the shelf. Brucey will be able to play nore defenders now 😂

Their three most able attacking players 😬

Gonna have a real mid-table Championship look about them in their next teamsheet, that's for sure.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

We should buy Saint Maximin when they go down.

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think Saint Maximin is very overrated by some people. I think he would struggle at a better team

I wouldn't say no to signing him.

If they go down then there's a good chance we would get him.

He would be a massive improvement on Trezeguet. I feel with the right coaching he would be a good signing for any team, especially us.

27 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think Saint Maximin is very overrated by some people. I think he would struggle at a better team

nah he could be very good . he's played well in the prem with no coaching at all.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, colhint said:

nah he could be very good . he's played well in the prem with no coaching at all.

He isnt a bad player but I dont think he is worth the price to be an upgrade on Anwar or Traore. Its a bit like the Sarr or Cantwell wishes before

• Like 2

Just now, bobzy said:

Saint-Maximin by some distance. 

I reckon he’s set for a proper big club move. 

I tend to agree. I think SM is a more fluid and aware version of Traore, less of a special teams player. He’s better than Newcastle but I’m not sure I’d rate him for a top 6 squad. Id take him, but not sure it would be value for money.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Would you rather have Saint-Maximin or Adama Traore?

Neither, both a tad overrated for me and lower to mid prem level at best, marginally better then what we have so not worth a punt.

Any upgrades on our existing lads should be the sort of players the top 4/6 are sniffing around and none of them would be looking at the above mentioned.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Should have bought Bowen when we had the chance - still maintain he's probably the best winger we could have bought at the time.

I'd take him over the above mentioned, Buendia, Eze and Benrahma are better bets too IMO. But I'm hoping we can find even better come christmas time in the summer.

edit, I think Bowen was after ridiculous wages and just half a season ago we weren't a club that could consider moves like that.

Edited by Phil Silvers

Â