Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Its also a Monday night televised game where we have nothing to play for. its mad 1200 are even attending ;)

That's what I meant by obvious things, it's thousands of miles away, it's 2 days off work, it's not the Saturday night that our pissheads would have smashed, it's on sky where our record is shambolic, it's away where our record is shambolic, as someone on Twitter said it's 1200 sold but currently at 5+ away games rather than general sale

but that's applying logic and common sense to an argument whereas I'd rather just stick with **** em we can't sell out cos no one cares enough to bother to go cos their a nothing team that no one wants to see

They just can't get over how we celebrated when they went down in 2009 and it's lingered every since.

Pretty much every other away ground would've celebrated their demise with glee just like when other high profile clubs go down so bemused by why they've taken such offence.

It's Football, that's how fans work.

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They just can't get over how we celebrated when they went down in 2009 and it's lingered every since.

Pretty much every other away ground would've celebrated their demise with glee just like when other high profile clubs go down so bemused by why they've taken such offence.

It's Football, that's how fans work.

Nah man, not Newcastle man. They're the entertainers.Everyone's second favourite team. The Geordie nation. The bestest fans in the world. 

The only reason Villa fans laughed, is cus they're jealous that the Toon get 50,000,000 fans at every home game, and take 100,000,000 to every away game, and 200,000,000 just go to away games for the crack.

It's gone further now, it's developed in to this fight for relevance, they're trying to use us to demonstrate that they're still a big massive well supported famous club that therefore should have a god given right to be in the PL

we are doing exactly the same

The truth is neither of us are relevant anymore, we're both shit, we both deserved to go down, we both do **** all and offer very little to the PL, we both offer far more to the championship

• Like 1

On 2/8/2017 at 23:16, VillaChris said:

probably more bitter about last season. worst manager + worst team in Premier League history and couldnt even beat us to stay up

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

probably more bitter about last season. worst manager + worst team in Premier League history and couldnt even beat us to stay up

Nah it's been lingering last few seasons.

Reading a few accounts it seems a few of our number who go up to SJP last few seasons have been abused entering the ground and also after the game so we're not well liked up there at all.

What bemuses me is it's 8 years now and they still won't let it lie...surely beating us 6-0 in 2010 was redemption enough. Bit like when we beat SHA 5-1 and finally scratched that annoying itch.

14 hours ago, VillaChris said:

What bemuses me is it's 8 years now and they still won't let it lie...

Because they live in a bubble. There's only Newcastle fans up there so they just feed each others ridiculous views. If I went on about the same ridiculous thing at work, the Albion and Blues fans there would put me in my place and you'd feel mental to keep going on about it.

12 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Surely they won't bottle it a 3rd time?

they have absolutely no excuses for not winning this game which should be a comfortable victory

They need to win.

Only I think 5 points ahead of 3rd now and just looking at their list and they've still got to go to Reading, Brighton, Huddersfield and Sheff Weds. Got a lot of tough away games yet to play so wouldn't say auto promotion is in the bag.

Edit: Incredibly they play Brighton, Reading and Huddersfield all in a row away.

Brighton v Newcastle- Feb 28th

Huddersfield v Newcastle- March 4th

Reading v Newcastle- March 7th.

That will decide automatic promotion.

Edited by VillaChris

• 1 month later...

Newcastle fans, you know that righteous  lot who cried and still cry over our banners, are paying for a plane with a banner to fly over the Stadium of Light, to celebrate Sunderland getting relegated.

After crying about our banners, you'd think something like that would be above them.

• Like 4

One of their fans took a banner to Villa Park last season as well. If they think it's sad to take banners of that kind, at least we did it in meaningless games. Their fan took it on a 400 mile round trip in a relegation clinching game! 

• Like 1

Strange bunch.

I know we have had issues with Sunderland fans (starting with the Bent transfer) but I always find them to be much more likeable and up for a laugh. Newcastle fans are manic.

All the posturing aside, they've smashed it out the park this season. I think I probably underestimated Benitez, which is strange as I've always thought him to be world class. They also nailed it in last summer's transfer window, Ritchie and Gayle in particular, Diame, Gouffran's return as well as keeping hold of Shelvey. They've even got Ciaran Clark looking like a player. 

Fair play to them, the rocket polishers. 

• Like 1

Tbf to Newcastle, Sunderland were loving it when they went down so why shouldnt Newcastle be the same?

Won't be long though until Newcastle are relegated again as rafa won't be there longer than a year I predict and Ashley has shown when it comes to premier league level he can't manage them like in the championship 

Â