Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

There was mention on the Football Weekly podcast that Pardew's deal has a relatively low basic salary with a lot of addons, so getting rid of him wouldn't cost more than any other manager out there.

There were rumours his salary was only £36,000 a year something like that with all of his "real wages" being bonuses based on league position. 

There was mention on the Football Weekly podcast that Pardew's deal has a relatively low basic salary with a lot of addons, so getting rid of him wouldn't cost more than any other manager out there.

There were rumours his salary was only £36,000 a year something like that with all of his "real wages" being bonuses based on league position. 

Judging by his teams performance whenever they've looked to push the top 6 he must get a bonus for not qualifying for the Europa League.

I'm prepared to gambe he received other financial compensation rather than basic salary

• 2 weeks later...

Phil Thompson was saying on Sky Sports that he has recently found out that there's no settlement amount in Pardew's contract i.e. that he only gets, say, a year's pay if he gets sacked. Newcastle are liable for having to pay off the rest of the contract should they decide to sack Pardew! :D

Phil Thompson was saying on Sky Sports that he has recently found out that there's no settlement amount in Pardew's contract i.e. that he only gets, say, a year's pay if he gets sacked. Newcastle are liable for having to pay off the rest of the contract should they decide to sack Pardew! :D

Id be interested to know just how Phil Thompson knows this, if its true it explains why pardew is still in a job and makes Ashley look a prat for not putting a clause in place

I just can't believe that anyone, let alone a successful business man, gives out a record breaking length of contract without putting a 'normal'payoff clause in it.

He must have something over Ashley because he could have fired him for gross misconduct for the headbutt.

Not disputing he said it but I don't believe it for one minute.

The company I work for deals with Mike Ashley and he is a slippery word removed, second only to the Disney corporation, no way would he not have some form of a get out clause, no way at all.

Totally agree. Someone I know has had contract dealings directly with Ashley and they describe him in a similar way and as being extremely shrewd in this area. There is no way he would have no get out clause, regardless of what the press write.

But as has already been mentioned in this thread, it seems that Pardew's actually salary is tiny (for a top flight football manager) and he makes up the extra pay through bonuses and add ons.

If he were sacked, then the likelihood is that Ashkey would only have to pay his salary and not the add ons.

The reason Ashley won't sack pardew is because they're mates and he really doesn't give a **** what Pardew does, as long as they stay in the league.

The same claim was made in the Guardian just a couple of weeks ago. 

I would like to formally retract my statement of the 28th September, which may have given the impression that Louise Taylor, north-east football correspondent of The Guardian newspaper, knows anything about football or indeed, which holes in her knickers she needs to put her legs through. I obviously misjudged the lady, who is appearing in print today arguing that Lee Cattermole should be 'scouted for England'. Clearly, she's taken leave of her senses. 

• Like 3

That smug prick likely to be sacked today

Cant see who else they can appoint who the fans will back, they love there football up there*, pulis would be too negative for them, moyes would need time which he wouldn't get

*tm skysports

Moyes would be a cert. to take over IMO. Didn't mike Ashley make a big effort to get him before? He'd be the perfect manager for Ashley, Guaranteed top 12 finish every year, no relegation battle and the odd giant slaying to keep the fans entertained.

Â