Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Pardew in!

Keep him there, he's doing a great job.

He still has 6 years left on his contract, which runs until 2020. Not only that, 4 of his staff are also on contracts until 2020. It will cost Newcastle an absolute fortune to sack him so I think he`ll be given a few games yet.

I don't Mike Ashley is stupid not to incorporate get out clauses in those contracts...nowadays( :) )

It is amazing the talent Pardew has had come through that team the past years, I have never found them to be anything but dull and average. A better manager would have won or achieved something with the match winners he has had.

Well he was at the game yesterday so he has more interest than some...

Personally I don't think he is running it any differently now than he has since he has been there, business first football club second. Like or loathe him he is no fool in business.

Except for a contract. That's pretty foolish in modern football.

Personally I don't think he is running it any differently now than he has since he has been there, business first football club second. Like or loathe him he is no fool in business.

Well from what I've heard from someone who has seen him at work first had dealing with contracts he more than knows what he is doing. Pardew might have a long contract but I'm certain Ashley is very comfortable with the situation and more than adequately protected by the contents of the contract.

Ashley has clearly lost interest in NUFC, he wants them to tick over in the Premier League as cheaply as possible.

I reckon he'll give it to Christmas time and if they are a serious risk of going down make a change then.

The whole club is just an advertisment for his sports direct brand. Look how much that has grown the past 5 years, no coincidence for me.

He has cleared the debts, bought in a lot of players relatively cheaply (this window aside) and sold them for profits.

If he can keep them in the league, boost his brand and breakeven each year he will be buzzing.

He has done brilliant there since the mistakes he made initially and the relegation. He is an excellent businessman,

Newcastle fans are such soppy words removed. Yes they've been bad but they're acting as if they're shoe-ins for relegation every season, its ridiculous.

You don't see us drumming up nearly as much fuss and we've finished below or around them for the last however many seasons.

Newcastle fans are such soppy words removed. Yes they've been bad but they're acting as if they're shoe-ins for relegation every season, its ridiculous.

You don't see us drumming up nearly as much fuss and we've finished below or around them for the last however many seasons.

From what I seen they are right to be worried. Whats worse than a group of players who are only interested in themselves and the pay cheque.

Remember the relegation thread after we were knocked out of the league cup last season?!  :P

• Like 1

Rather annoying we didn't beat them now.

We've done things in reverse - won 3 of the 4 hardest league games on paper but drew the easiest and lost by far the easiest game overall on paper. That said, Newcastle are better than a Hull on paper but I know who i'd rather play at the moment.

Not that I'm complaining that much.

Edited by Mantis

Well from what I've heard from someone who has seen him at work first had dealing with contracts he more than knows what he is doing. Pardew might have a long contract but I'm certain Ashley is very comfortable with the situation and more than adequately protected by the contents of the contract.

I've heard a few times that Pardew's deal has a clause entitling to know more than 12 months salary if his contract is terminated. Which would of course be kinda sensible.

As a counterpoint, Guardian's north-east football correspondent Louise Taylor wrote the other day: "Pardew has some protection thanks to the six remaining seasons on the eight-year contract he signed in September 2012. It is believed the agreement offers extremely generous compensation in the event of dismissal. With his backroom staff, including John Carver, Steve Stone and Andy Woodman, tied into similar deals, managerial regime change would prove extremely expensive for Ashley."

So who knows. We'll probably find out sooner rather than later. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

I've heard a few times that Pardew's deal has a clause entitling to know more than 12 months salary if his contract is terminated. Which would of course be kinda sensible.

Exactly what I'd expect, in effect that would make it a 12 month rolling contract for a duration of 8 years which isn't the same thing as an 8 year contract. Mike Ashley might do a very good job of appearing stupid but he is anything but.

As well as a member of the coaching staff getting into it on Twitter over the weekend and then deleting his account, this also happened.

This is assistant John Carver calling the fans two words starting with f and c and telling them if they have a problem to come and see him this morning at the club training ground. I rather suspect that one or two will be turning up.

https://vine.co/v/Oa1ZbFhJeAt/embed

Â