Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

why have SSN interviewed dave whelan on this?

did he just turn up and start talking about it and everyone is still too polite to tell him to do one?

Wouldn't surprise me.

On Deadline day he was phoning up radio stations and SSN while they were on air.

The man is **** desperate for attention.

why have SSN interviewed dave whelan on this?

did he just turn up and start talking about it and everyone is still too polite to tell him to do one?

He broke his leg in the fa cup final, duh.
When did this happen?

I think was an overreaction here. I know Pardew not everybody cup of tea but if he was a player doing the same thing he would have got 3 game ban only

He's not a player, though. If it were a player, we wouldn't even be talking about it. He's a manager, he's supposed to be in a position of authority and leadership, and frankly he should be held to higher standards. Managers should not be interfering with opposition players in any way during a game. I know the head butt wasn't really a head butt either, more of a head lean than anything, but it's the intention behind it. He has no right to square up to a player who's in the middle of a match. I don't know what he was thinking.

I think was an overreaction here. I know Pardew not everybody cup of tea but if he was a player doing the same thing he would have got 3 game ban only

He's not a player, though. If it were a player, we wouldn't even be talking about it. He's a manager, he's supposed to be in a position of authority and leadership, and frankly he should be held to higher standards. Managers should not be interfering with opposition players in any way during a game. I know the head butt wasn't really a head butt either, more of a head lean than anything, but it's the intention behind it. He has no right to square up to a player who's in the middle of a match. I don't know what he was thinking.

he was provoked, didn't Meyler push him which started it. Im not defending him it was stupid but think authorities just going OTT as usual. should have fined him 2 weeks wages and gave him 3 game ban and that be it

Edited by Zatman

Yeah I believe it's way too little to be honest. He's not a player, he is not some hotheaded 19 year old with a lack of education - he's 52 years old grown up and the leader of the clubs' operations. Not that it was an intense skullcrusher, but making contact with a player is pretty severe in my eyes, they should have given him the rest of the season outside the stadium.

he was provoked, didn't Meyler push him which started it. Im not defending him it was stupid but think authorities just going OTT as usual. should have fined him 2 weeks wages and gave him 3 game ban and that be it

Meyler pushed him because Pardew was deliberately blocking his way to get to the ball for a throw-in, which also was ridiculous behavior from a grown man whose team is up 3-1. I'm not defending Meyler either, but he basically hustled Pardew aside so he could get the ball, there wasn't any malice in it. And he got a yellow card, which is fair, I think.

Pardew needs to learn to just sit on the bench and shut up. He's got previous - pushing an assistant ref, mixing it up with MON during the derby a few years back, etc.

Yeah I believe it's way too little to be honest. He's not a player, he is not some hotheaded 19 year old with a lack of education - he's 52 years old grown up and the leader of the clubs' operations. Not that it was an intense skullcrusher, but making contact with a player is pretty severe in my eyes, they should have given him the rest of the season outside the stadium.

Exactly. Agreed.

Â