Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

If he was going to be sacked I don't think they'd have come out so soon with the announcement of the fine, even saying that "the club is drawing a line under the matter". He's staying, it's just a matter of how severe the punishment from the FA will be.

Edited by Davkaus

I quite enjoy managers like Pardew. Spicing up PL life. Boring managers like Lambert on the other hand...

A manager who verbally abuses opposition managers, shoves linesmen and now assaults players for no reason is great, but our current manager is boring because of what? Because he doesn't slate his players in press conferences?

Yes. I love action.

I really dislike Pardew and wish the Hull player had headbutted him instead. I agree with others saying that Ashley will surely look for a way of getting him out for free now.

Pardew has done a great job at Newcastle especially with all the crap behind the scenes with kinnear and having cabaye sold and not replaced. They would be mad to sack him

I quite enjoy managers like Pardew. Spicing up PL life. Boring managers like Lambert on the other hand...

Pardew is incredibly boring in interviews and press conferences, so I guess it comes down to whether you want your manager to constantly act unprofessional towards officials, other players and managers.

Edited by Mantis

Pardew is incredibly boring in interviews and press conferences, so I guess it comes down to whether you want your manager to constantly act unprofessional towards officials, other players and managers.

Rather that than acting unprofessional towards you own supporters serving them dross.

Doesn't Pardew still have like 40 years left on his contract? In all seriousness though, Pardew's antics may be getting a lot of press, but Newcastle are doing very well this season. Thought he would get the sack last year when they were flirting with relegation, but now they are comfortably top 8.

Rather that than acting unprofessional towards you own supporters serving them dross.

What a load of rubbish. Lambert can be criticised for a lot of things but his behavior is fine. I can't believe you'd actually want our manager to be doing things like abusing other managers, pushing officials and headbutting players. This is just silly and petulant.

Why does everything that happens elsewhere in football have to be twisted into a slight on Lambert? It's just getting boring now.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

What a load of rubbish. Lambert can be criticised for a lot of things but his behavior is fine. I can't believe you'd actually want our manager to be doing things like abusing other managers, pushing officials and headbutting players. This is just silly and petulant.

Why does everything that happens elsewhere in football have to be twisted into a slight on Lambert? It's just getting boring now.

This, it is pathetic to be honest. The man may have his downfalls but so does every other manager, if people feel the need to constantly bash him for no reason then do it in the Lambert thread.

This, it is pathetic to be honest. The man may have his downfalls but so does every other manager, if people feel the need to constantly bash him for no reason then do it in the Lambert thread.

Exactly, and not acting like a clearing in the woods on the touchline like Pardew isn't something to be castigating him for.

It's just double standards. If Lambert had done what Pardew had done there'd be an uproar (and rightly so).

:P So easy to piss people off. I support Lambert, but watching Newcastle compared to Villa, Pardew's team plays a more beautiful game.

Indeed, but you were talking about Pardew "spicing up PL life", presumably referring to his touchline antics, which you didn't deny when somebody brought you up on it.

Â