Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Of course but some members of our fan base dont have the patience to develop a player or have one player ik mind and thats it. 

To some Villa fans an average Brighton centre midfielder is the only defensive midfielder in the world and he isnt even a defensive midfielder. Same way Philip Billing would guarantee our safety in summer 2020

I do actually think Bissouma is really good, but VT's record for falling in love with big central midfielders isn't great. Both Billing and Sander Berge are both at Championship clubs; Billing at least is playing every game, and mostly playing well in a promotion-chasing side, but Berge has played barely half of Sheff Utd's games and has come off the bench nearly as often as he's started. Wasn't it only 12 months ago that people were saying we absolutely had to sign him when they went down?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I do actually think Bissouma is really good, but VT's record for falling in love with big central midfielders isn't great. Both Billing and Sander Berge are both at Championship clubs; Billing at least is playing every game, and mostly playing well in a promotion-chasing side, but Berge has played barely half of Sheff Utd's games and has come off the bench nearly as often as he's started. Wasn't it only 12 months ago that people were saying we absolutely had to sign him when they went down?

Sander Berge definitely for the Forgotten Player thread

What a fall from hype

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Sander Berge definitely for the Forgotten Player thread

What a fall from hype

I'd completely forgotten him yeah, only remembered him a couple of days ago when I heard a team news update from Sheff Utd and they'd dropped him for Hourihane. 

Actually think Newcastle are still in a fair bit of danger.

Injuries to ASM and Trippier and 11 looks mediocre again seeing as Guimaraes isn't trusted to start yet.

Still got aways at Chelsea, Spurs and Man. City and would be surprised if they got anything today so it will come down to their home form mainly.

Made a very good start with the wins v us and Everton but need to keep winning at home. Brighton, Palace and Wolves next three so possible.....

Not sure when they play Everton again but loser of that will probably be fighting relegation right to the end as I still think at some stage Burnley will pull an 8 point out of 4 game run like we did in 19/20 so they'd be in range to catch whoever is 17th at that point.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Actually think Newcastle are still in a fair bit of danger.

Injuries to ASM and Trippier and 11 looks mediocre again seeing as Guimaraes isn't trusted to start yet.

Still got aways at Chelsea, Spurs and Man. City and would be surprised if they got anything today so it will come down to their home form mainly.

Made a very good start with the wins v us and Everton but need to keep winning at home. Brighton, Palace and Wolves next three so possible.....

Not sure when they play Everton again but loser of that will probably be fighting relegation right to the end as I still think at some stage Burnley will pull an 8 point out of 4 game run like we did in 19/20 so they'd be in range to catch whoever is 17th at that point.

Sadly I think they'll be fine. They're already 4 points clear and I just can't see the current bottom 3 being able to overhaul them.

33 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Sadly I think they'll be fine. They're already 4 points clear and I just can't see the current bottom 3 being able to overhaul them.

I'm angrier about them picking up the points than I am about us dropping them, if they stay up by 3 points or less I'll be so disappointed with us

• Like 2

Â