Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

49 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I believe on January 1st 2021 at 00:01 hrs Keinan Davis will be on the transfer list and available for reasonable 250m fee. Newcastle could do worse. 🤪

FTFY. He is a proper No 9 after all and worth every penny. 

3 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Relegation clauses also,  no one will go there unless they are free to leave if relegated.

It wont work.  5 month contracts maybe or massive bonus to keep them up.

loans with options/obligations to buy if stay up i can see them doing

• Like 1

Linked with Ross Barkley, bet they meet Chelsea’s massive valuation, I hope they buy all the lazy bad attitude players and go down with players not wanting to play in the championship 

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

He's probably getable and would definitely improve them though. 

Major IF he can be bothered though.

My prediction is that he’d look like a great signing for 6-8 games then go downhill fast.

40 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Linked with Ross Barkley, bet they meet Chelsea’s massive valuation, I hope they buy all the lazy bad attitude players and go down with players not wanting to play in the championship 

Please make this happen

Really is a must win game now against Burnley this weekend. Anything less than 3 points and I do think that’s them gone.

Confidence will be shattered regardless of who they try and bring in January, and to honest they could be cut drift by then if they have a disastrous December.

Just now, ferguson1 said:

Really is a must win game now against Burnley this weekend. Anything less than 3 points and I do think that’s them gone.

Confidence will be shattered regardless of who they try and bring in January, and to honest they could be cut drift by then if they have a disastrous December.

Agree

If they don't win then the confidence is gone or at least completely swings to they only survive based on buying a new squad which puts the current squad even deeper in the gutter with Southampton 2nd Jan I'd say at least 6 games to play before any new signing comes in

There's every danger that if they don't win tomorrow they don't win until Watford at home mid Jan in game 22

The other thing is Leeds have Brentford at home, Southampton have Brighton teams above them can pull away even further, they could be 10+ points off safety come January, West Brom in their great escape year were 8 points off safety, Sunderland were 5 points off when they did it and so were Leicester 

22 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Honestly though it's football. If they lose v Burnley they'll probably inexplicably pick up some results from somewhere else. SHA have made a career out of it

I'd genuinely have more confidence in them achieving that with Bruce still in charge, and I couldn't possibly think any lower of his managerial ability. Actually his knack of shithousing results against the better teams probably adds to my disdain for the man.

But you are right, it's pretty unlikely they'll just keep losing (or not winning) every game despite how it looks on paper. It simply doesn't tend to go that way. I'd love it, love it if they did though.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

I just don't Howe is the man for a relegation dogfight.  Big Sam is at a loose end. Can they just do a emergency manager loan?

In theory Sam is perfectly what they need, but the fans wouldn’t have it. 

• Like 2

Â