Christian Benteke

Kwan

I think it is about time to accept he will be leaving for under 25m. For me, his departure can not come some enough. We need to move on.

why should we accept it though and I guarantee Paul Lambert wont accept it

He has smacks of a player wanting to take the easy way out

He cannot wait to join spurs on a bigger contract while his stock is currently as high as it is

Perhaps he doubts his own ability and thinks to himself he will not be able to recreate the heights of last season and wants a move asap

Would not surprise me if he did an Adebayor and become lazy

To be fair, he is good enough for those kinds of clubs, but for some bizarre reason he wants to go to Spurs. Probably so he can be part of that Belgian London clique and get to play with all his little Belgian mates.

And what exactly is wrong with that?

Everyone would prefer to work with their mates in a higher profile company whilst also getting extra cash.

There is literally only positives for him to move and only negatives for him to stay.

He cannot wait to join spurs on a bigger contract while his stock is currently as high as it is

Perhaps he doubts his own ability and thinks to himself he will not be able to recreate the heights of last season and wants a move asap

Remember when Adebayor left Arsenal he was kinda held in the same regards as Bentakey

Yep. Agreed. Adebayor was ruined by his move to £ity and I really believe that should Benteke move it will ruin him as well. That said, I'm comfortable with that for £25m in Lambo's back pocket. 

Has there actually been any developments on this...I'm struggling to keep up with the story with so many comments.

A lot of people chatting "can't believe we're selling him for under 25 million and spurs / just accept the 20 million" as if there has been some kind of deal put forward and some concrete quotes confirming Spurs is bentekes chosen club.

I don't recall seeing any of this, the only thing I've seen is a transfer request then some unsubstantiated shite that spurs was the destination and levy is going to wait to get him on the cheap.  Did I miss anything?

Has there actually been any developments on this...I'm struggling to keep up with the story with so many comments.

A lot of people chatting "can't believe we're selling him for under 25 million and spurs / just accept the 20 million" as if there has been some kind of deal put forward and some concrete quotes confirming Spurs is bentekes chosen club.

I don't recall seeing any of this, the only thing I've seen is a transfer request then some unsubstantiated shite that spurs was the destination and levy is going to wait to get him on the cheap.  Did I miss anything?

People keep getting sparked off by random twitter guff.  I don't think here has been anything whatsoever to indicate that any price has been laid down or agreed.

No.

30m or he stays. its time we start making a stance or we can expect all our players who do well to leave whenever it suits them and us to get a lame transfer fee

Minimum.

I disagree with this assessment. Benteke will surely feel that at a higher profile club he can keep and enhance his Belgium place. I think he would be excellent at Spurs. And if Spurs managed to keep Bale also, then they will be one of the best teams in England, imo. 

I think he is ambitious and sees a club wanting to buy him who are on another level to us entirely at the moment. This is the first time, I think, that Spurs have had the reputation to nick players from us but I can't do anything else but acknowledge they are an exciting side with a good manager. Benteke is a beast. I think he's the best player I have seen play for Villa and he will go on to have a great career. And that is why I think he is worth £35million, and I still think Spurs are getting a good deal. Only, with £35million we wouldn't be robbing ourselves like if we let him go for £25million or less. He is immense

That's the beauty of football my friend-Everyone has a different opinion.

The fact that theres so many posts about this,shows how important it is to so many people.If you want updates,I'd suggest you moniter the sports news websites,not a fans forum

Okay, just checking that my copy of the "sports news websites" hadn't gone out of date on me or something crazy like that...

So all we know is he handed in a transfer request and our manager says he's a villa player with reminder of contract left, that we don't want to sell him and it would take a big offer to even consider any options.  Right, got it. :)

To be fair, he is good enough for those kinds of clubs, but for some bizarre reason he wants to go to Spurs. Probably so he can be part of that Belgian London clique and get to play with all his little Belgian mates.

Everyone would prefer to work with their mates in a higher profile company whilst also getting extra cash.

There is literally only positives for him to move and only negatives for him to stay.

Because he can do better than Spurs. I don't know the real reason why he's going there but I seriously doubt Spurs are the biggest club in for him.

Because he can do better than Spurs. I don't know the real reason why he's going there but I seriously doubt Spurs are the biggest club in for him.

Well that's his decision.

The only thing that matters for us is making sure we get the price we value him at.

well they are. by all accounts nobody else is in for him. Maybe he is not as good to other teams as we think he is

Â