Christian Benteke

Kwan

That being said the boy should have been given a new deal after that Liverpool game before Christmas, why are we always so slow to offer players deals? Had we gone down with him signing one and wasn't like he wouldn't be snapped up. 

Wow like everyone gets a pay rise after one good day at work!

What club in their right mind thinks 'Hey, player x has played really well today, let's offer him a new contract'?

In fairness it was far better than a good days work or a good performance it was a wow moment, where you thought, we've got a very very good player on our hands, granted it was very early into his deal but we had all after Christmas to get this sorted and we waited, the boy could have been huge for us next season.

At what stage were we ever in the need to rush this.  He has 3 years left on his contract and who wants a player involved in negotiations about his future mid way through a relegation battle!!!  Particularly when his all round play was one big reason why we stayed up.  If he had been in difficult or protracted negotiations over a new deal after xmas it could have affected his play.

i can't think of a player who was offered a new deal only 6 months into his first year with a club.  It also takes two to Tango and why would he have wanted to negotiate then.  He may well have made his mind up to go then anyway.

Sorry but i think your statement is a little ridiculous.

Edited by CannockVillan
  • Like 1

When he was with us he was the main focus, players went all out to find him with the ball, how many times did he have it and shoot instead of playing another player in, do you believe defoe, bale and the like are going to put up with this, they are also top players and will not see him as above them, this could actually damage Spuds more than it improves them, then again it could work, time will tell, all I know is he will have a lot to live up too with the price tag and it may just be too much for him at his age and stage of development, in my opinion a hell of a gamble by Spuds.

Beat me to it, It's not a given he'll be a success at Spurs. PL made him the focus of the side, we sometimes took a direct route, Will Spurs adopt that, or will they play tippy tappy stuff.

I disagree.  I think he'll be great for them.  Defoe is on the ay out Benteke is on the way up.  He'll be theirm main striker for a few year, or atleast until a biger club comes along and taps him up again.

I don't feel badly towards him.... If a rival company wants to treble my pay to do the same job in a more prestigious environment I'd be off like a rocket as well.

I'm just a bit disappointed he hasn't given us another year and cemented his potential. At present he's an unproven one season wonder - if he is able to repeat the trick next season then he'll be "world class." Personally I think a his new club are in for a bit of a shock and that he'll be found out. I'd be amazed if he scores more than 19 goals next season. 

When is enough money enough? I've turned down pay increases because I've been happy in my current environment, but then again I have the luxury of earning what I consider to be a lot of money. Still only a fraction of what Benteke is on. I suppose it's all about how much you worship the green stuff - it'll never make you happier passed a certain point. In fact I often think I was happiest when I was poorer.

When he was with us he was the main focus, players went all out to find him with the ball, how many times did he have it and shoot instead of playing another player in, do you believe defoe, bale and the like are going to put up with this, they are also top players and will not see him as above them, this could actually damage Spuds more than it improves them, then again it could work, time will tell, all I know is he will have a lot to live up too with the price tag and it may just be too much for him at his age and stage of development, in my opinion a hell of a gamble by Spuds.

Beat me to it, It's not a given he'll be a success at Spurs. PL made him the focus of the side, we sometimes took a direct route, Will Spurs adopt that, or will they play tippy tappy stuff.

I disagree.  I think he'll be great for them.  Defoe is on the ay out Benteke is on the way up.  He'll be theirm main striker for a few year, or atleast until a biger club comes along and taps him up again.

I didn't say he wouldn't, playing style, he has more of the ball at Villa, we hit every time. At Spurs it'll be different and he will have to accept that. He has the same problems with Belgium, he has less of the ball then overcomplicates his finishing as he wants to impress.

PL has a history of making forwards excell, Grant Holt is a prime example, what happened to him when PL left and the tactics changed, yes he scored but he was not the same player, CB may have just cocked up and PL and RL may just have a smile on their faces. Incidently why is it the top managers of the top teams are not coming in for him if he is as good as we think, they will have scouted him but somewhere they have decided they are not 100% happy with buying him for a big fee. yes we think he is the dogs but why dont they, are we not seeing something that they see?

He's absolutely not a selfish player at all. The way he brings others into play is one of his many strengths (and actually one of the reasons he scored so many goals). He'd be a great signing for Spurs, no doubt about it. Until his attitude gets in the way again, that is.

I know Benteke isn't flavour of the month at the moment, but I'm surprised about people deciding that because he wants to leave he isn't actually that good. Whatever else he may be Benteke is a top striker who will only get better with experience.

If it's 20m we need to get Sigurdsson as well otherwise no deal.

I'd defo take this i'd take this now..give it me now

I'm not a fan of these deals. I want cold, hard cash. Unmarked bills.

• Like 1

He's absolutely not a selfish player at all. The way he brings others into play is one of his many strengths (and actually one of the reasons he scored so many goals). He'd be a great signing for Spurs, no doubt about it. Until his attitude gets in the way again, that is.

Not saying he is at all but any player who has a hefty price tag needs to impress, top strikers are by their nature selfish, it is a compromise learned over many years something he has not developed yet hence why I feel he may struggle. He also has a temper and gets frustrated, he will not appreciate being told off by the likes of Lenon and Bale. As I said he may well flourish and be a hit or he could go the other way. At Villa PL put is arm around him and Mentored him, now he has his big move with the price tag the Spuds fans want the finished article which he isnt, could well be worth watching how it pans out. CB does not like criticism - how long if it does not go well will it be till the spuds fans get on his back, you only need to read their forums to see that they are not 100% happy they are in for him especially at the price they will pay.

I don't feel badly towards him.... If a rival company wants to treble my pay to do the same job in a more prestigious environment I'd be off like a rocket as well.

I'm just a bit disappointed he hasn't given us another year and cemented his potential. At present he's an unproven one season wonder - if he is able to repeat the trick next season then he'll be "world class." Personally I think a his new club are in for a bit of a shock and that he'll be found out. I'd be amazed if he scores more than 19 goals next season. 

When is enough money enough? I've turned down pay increases because I've been happy in my current environment, but then again I have the luxury of earning what I consider to be a lot of money. Still only a fraction of what Benteke is on. I suppose it's all about how much you worship the green stuff - it'll never make you happier passed a certain point. In fact I often think I was happiest when I was poorer.

Philosophically probably not but moving to a club with more ££ on offer carries a lot more prestige than we can offer. Its probably not about the money but about the status that comes with it 

When is enough money enough? I've turned down pay increases because I've been happy in my current environment, but then again I have the luxury of earning what I consider to be a lot of money. Still only a fraction of what Benteke is on. I suppose it's all about how much you worship the green stuff - it'll never make you happier passed a certain point. In fact I often think I was happiest when I was poorer.

Even if he was getting the same money he'd still rather play at Spurs than Villa. He has friends there, he'd win more games etc.

He has nothing to make him want to stay at Aston Villa. It's not like he's a fan if the club like we are.

Lets see what happens this year before feeling so bad, I honestly believe at the end of this year we will be alot more optimistic about Villa and our future, At the end of the day we had not heard of CB a year ago and were worried we paid £7m or so for him, now we sell him for 3x that after a year. There are other players out their and we have just the man to find them. we just have to trust our manager to sort it out. As i said it may just be a blessing and something the management had planned for.

If it's 20m we need to get Sigurdsson as well otherwise no deal.

I'd defo take this i'd take this now..give it me now

I'm not a fan of these deals. I want cold, hard cash. Unmarked bills.

Nice black leather briefcase, Levy puts in the combination and unlocks and opens to find it full of crisp unmarked £50 notes...saying that it would prob be more than one briefcase ;)

Â