Christian Benteke

Kwan

Maybe Benteke should have a good look at Levy and the way he works. 12 months time when he has bigger suitors after his signature Levy will price him out of a move and he will miss his one big chance of a move right to the top.

It will serv him right.

My problem is if Spurs pay 25m or 30m I think he's effectively locking himself in there for years to come, while if he stayed here, he could go to a much bigger club than spurs next year, however if he does go to spurs they will require a lot of money to sell him which clubs may feel he is not worth.

That being said the boy should have been given a new deal after that Liverpool game before Christmas, why are we always so slow to offer players deals? Had we gone down with him signing one and wasn't like he wouldn't be snapped up. 

who cares anymore. they are welcome to him at the right price, they just need to remember what goes around comes around, in my opinion CB will struggle, he will not get away with being offside so much as a £20 m player, missing sitters etc. yes he will score a fair amount but can he live with the pressure associated with playing with top players who will expect him to pass to them when they are free instead of taking it on himself, Yes he is a good player but as we know he aint the finished article, he may just have put his career back a year, I also think the bright lights and night life in London may just be too tempting for him, Spuds may just have got themselves a major problem.

As for us we will move on and may even prosper from this if we invest wisely which I trust PL to do.

That being said the boy should have been given a new deal after that Liverpool game before Christmas, why are we always so slow to offer players deals? Had we gone down with him signing one and wasn't like he wouldn't be snapped up. 

I don't think it would have made an ounce of difference. He's only 1 year into a 4 year contract, it's not like with Milner, Downing, Young and Barry where our hand is being forced by the number of years left in the contract.

He'd only signed his current 4 year deal a couple of months before.

You don't go offering a player a new contract every time they have a good game.

• Like 1

I hope Lerner and Faulkner are fully focussed .... this isn't just about one greedy disloyal footballer, it's about what happens to Villa if Benteke is allowed to break his contract and choose his next club. What happens next when Okore has a storming season, What if Helenius knocks in a hat full of goals .... you get my drift. The way RL/PF resolve the Benteke situation will impact on AVFC's future. Get it right Randy!

Wow like everyone gets a pay rise after one good day at work!

What club in their right mind thinks 'Hey, player x has played really well today, let's offer him a new contract'?

• Like 1

who cares anymore. they are welcome to him at the right price, they just need to remember what goes around comes around, in my opinion CB will struggle, he will not get away with being offside so much as a £20 m player, missing sitters etc. yes he will score a fair amount but can he live with the pressure associated with playing with top players who will expect him to pass to them when they are free instead of taking it on himself, Yes he is a good player but as we know he aint the finished article, he may just have put his career back a year, I also think the bright lights and night life in London may just be too tempting for him, Spuds may just have got themselves a major problem.

As for us we will move on and may even prosper from this if we invest wisely which I trust PL to do.

I also think he will struggle

Teams will find him out he will not have a good a season as last time round imo

I think we should get the money for him while we can

Spend 6 - 8 mill on Remy or something

Look at it this way, we dont know what happens behind the scenes, the club has been really quiet about this, I would have expected alot more comments and attacks against the press but it is the opposite, PL and RL may have just played a blinder, they know the players better than any of us and may have known he wanted out half way through last season, there could have been an agreement with the club for all we know, time will tell, lets see who he is replaced with before we get too upset.

Wow like everyone gets a pay rise after one good day at work!

What club in their right mind thinks 'Hey, player x has played really well today, let's offer him a new contract'?

In fairness it was far better than a good days work or a good performance it was a wow moment, where you thought, we've got a very very good player on our hands, granted it was very early into his deal but we had all after Christmas to get this sorted and we waited, the boy could have been huge for us next season.

I don't feel badly towards him.... If a rival company wants to treble my pay to do the same job in a more prestigious environment I'd be off like a rocket as well.

I'm just a bit disappointed he hasn't given us another year and cemented his potential. At present he's an unproven one season wonder - if he is able to repeat the trick next season then he'll be "world class." Personally I think a his new club are in for a bit of a shock and that he'll be found out. I'd be amazed if he scores more than 19 goals next season. 

If he goes for 25m I will be disappointed.... He's worth more to us than that so.... If spurs do not value him as high as we do then **** em.

I think we value him at £25m!!! Prepar to be disappointed.

I'll be happy with that though a slong as we can re-invest a large proportion of it.

I don't feel badly towards him.... If a rival company wants to treble my pay to do the same job in a more prestigious environment I'd be off like a rocket as well.

I'm just a bit disappointed he hasn't given us another year and cemented his potential. At present he's an unproven one season wonder - if he is able to repeat the trick next season then he'll be "world class." Personally I think a his new club are in for a bit of a shock and that he'll be found out. I'd be amazed if he scores more than 19 goals next season. 

With the supply at Spurs? He had Bannan in the same team as him 24 times last season in the league, imagine what he will do with a proper supply line. Plus he gets himself into positions that are absolutely brilliant, he very well could be the difference between Spurs being 4th and Arsenal being 4th next season.

• Like 1

Lambert puts a lot of emphasis on team spirit so I can't see him wanting this ingrate skulking around Bodymoor Heath. I'm surprised Spurs and Liverpool seem to be the only interested parties. I'd get rid and let him follow his Europa League dream with Tottingham.

When he was with us he was the main focus, players went all out to find him with the ball, how many times did he have it and shoot instead of playing another player in, do you believe defoe, bale and the like are going to put up with this, they are also top players and will not see him as above them, this could actually damage Spuds more than it improves them, then again it could work, time will tell, all I know is he will have a lot to live up too with the price tag and it may just be too much for him at his age and stage of development, in my opinion a hell of a gamble by Spuds.

When he was with us he was the main focus, players went all out to find him with the ball, how many times did he have it and shoot instead of playing another player in, do you believe defoe, bale and the like are going to put up with this, they are also top players and will not see him as above them, this could actually damage Spuds more than it improves them, then again it could work, time will tell, all I know is he will have a lot to live up too with the price tag and it may just be too much for him at his age and stage of development, in my opinion a hell of a gamble by Spuds.

Beat me to it, It's not a given he'll be a success at Spurs. PL made him the focus of the side, we sometimes took a direct route, Will Spurs adopt that, or will they play tippy tappy stuff.

Â