Christian Benteke

Kwan

Internationals get a few more days off although Delph was in so he possibly came back early voluntarily. 

Delph was back early to get fit for his move to Man City and Benteke is saving himself from getting injured ahead of his move to Liverpool

• Like 2

How many times does it have to be reported that Liverpool will not pay the release clause cost of £32.5 m.....just about every day....yawn. 

.....I think we all have the message by now. :blush:

I would imagine that Christian Benteke will finally realise that the only football club to treat him with any respect is .....Aston Villa

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Fenway Sports Group is taking a beating in the Boston press for the abject failure that is their baseball team right now. They will be making big money signings but not for Liverpool. This is the season they let Rodgers out to hang, then run a PR campaign against him right before they sack him.

Benteke is not signing for Liverpool.

It would make my day if plop finally decide to stump up the 32.5 mill benteke snubs them and decides to stay with us and wait to join a club next summer who are actually in the champions league

make it so

• Like 2

.....There seem to be quite a section of Liverpool fans who are baulking at the deal.

provided the funds are given in full to the manager, I wouldn't be broken hearted either.

More speculation

Telegraph

Christian Benteke will hold talks with Tim Sherwood on Wednesday and reiterate his desire to quit Aston Villa this summer.

Benteke is set to meet with Sherwood at the club’s training ground and will inform his manager that he is determined to leave Villa after three seasons to pursue a new challenge.

Villa remain insistent that the Belgium international will only leave if a club triggers the £32.5million escape clause but Benteke is ready to make it clear to Sherwood face-to-face that he wants to move on.

Liverpool are still interested in signing the 24-year-old forward this summer but the clause has acted as a deterrent, with Villa refusing to entertain any offers lower than the strict valuation.

However, while Benteke is reluctant to repeat his actions of two years ago, when he submitted a transfer request, he is keen to secure a move away from Villa Park.

Villa were prepared to offer him a new contract that would have made him the club’s best paid player but those hopes appear remote. Benteke's current deal runs for another two years and Villa are said to be "relaxed", despite the threat of the situation turning ugly.

Benteke will meet Sherwood on Wednesday before flying out with the first-team squad for the pre-season training camp in Portugal the following day.

Fabian Delph is another Villa player whose future is uncertain, with Manchester City considering meeting the England international’s £8million release clause.

Edited by bose

Liverpools dirty tricks again.. upset the player.. dont stump up the cash and let him rot at his current club. Barry all over again. They really are an awful club. Have been throwing huge money at awful awful players for years.. yet whenever its Villa.. they want to cause shit. Just pay it you @$%^!ers

.....There seem to be quite a section of Liverpool fans who are baulking at the deal.

provided the funds are given in full to the manager, I wouldn't be broken hearted either.

I don't know any Liverpool fans that want him for 32.5mil , somehow despite the fee's they have spent themselves on likes of Lallana for example and the fee City paid for Bony with a similar record to Benteke they want to pay around 10-15 mil for him ..just utter madness.

More speculation

Telegraph

Christian Benteke will hold talks with Tim Sherwood on Wednesday and reiterate his desire to quit Aston Villa this summer.

Benteke is set to meet with Sherwood at the club’s training ground and will inform his manager that he is determined to leave Villa after three seasons to pursue a new challenge.

Villa remain insistent that the Belgium international will only leave if a club triggers the £32.5million escape clause but Benteke is ready to make it clear to Sherwood face-to-face that he wants to move on.

Liverpool are still interested in signing the 24-year-old forward this summer but the clause has acted as a deterrent, with Villa refusing to entertain any offers lower than the strict valuation.

However, while Benteke is reluctant to repeat his actions of two years ago, when he submitted a transfer request, he is keen to secure a move away from Villa Park.

Villa were prepared to offer him a new contract that would have made him the club’s best paid player but those hopes appear remote. Benteke's current deal runs for another two years and Villa are said to be "relaxed", despite the threat of the situation turning ugly.

Benteke will meet Sherwood on Wednesday before flying out with the first-team squad for the pre-season training camp in Portugal the following day.

Fabian Delph is another Villa player whose future is uncertain, with Manchester City considering meeting the England international’s £8million release clause.

Why does he need to tell us he wants to leave? If someone pays the money we want we're powerless to stop him. It's not Villa he needs to convince. Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 2

Can see it now they bid £32.5 million on deadline day giving us no time to replace him 

They need him for the start of the season, with Sturridge injured, Sterling, Borini going and difficult matches. I recon they will buy him in July or move on to another target. I can actually see Sherwood convincing him to sign a new contract, as there seems to be something good going on at the club.

Providing they pay up it shouldn't be a problem.

Everything so far seems to indicate the club will hold out for £32.5m as they should.

I think if he hands in another transfer request we would accept the £25m or so that Liverpool are offering and move him on.

I'm relaxed about it, I think with our current setup we have enough to re-invest properly no matter what the fee we accept and move forward with a better all round team.

Â