Christian Benteke

Kwan

If he stays fit he scores 20 goals no problem particularly how we've been attacking under Sherwood. That and hopefully 3-4 goals in the euros and I fully expect we'd still be getting 20m + bids next season. After all we got 18m for Young when he only had 1 year left didn't he?

But the buy out clause would still be the same so we wouldn't have to accept bids of 20m. If he has a great season and a good euros teams would be queuing up to meet the buyout clause

• Like 1

He wanted to leave before and even went as far as to handing in a transfer request but was persuaded and got a new contract out of it.

It's nothing new really besides the fact he won't be signing a new deal. I wouldn't worry about the dressing room.

12m + Dembele and Townsend would do me just fine.

You rate Dembele and Townsend as being worth 20mil? Really? Are you Levy?!

Both Dembele and Townsend have to be worth £10m each in this day and age I would have thought?

Not saying I would accept it, but the valuation can't be far off?

I think they're worth closer to 10 combined. Both haven't shown much in quite a while now.

a] You're assuming Benteke is valued at £32m there ;)

b] Townsend is, for whatever reason, at least a £10m player in the current market.  We've got people saying Fabian Delph is worth £20m on another thread - Townsend is younger, playing for a better team and also in the England squad.

We're in a really strong position on the Benteke transfer.

If no-one matches the value we place on him, don't sell him. Simples.

Even if he is unhappy he will be our best player and won't risk his place in the Belgium squad for the sake of a tantrum, we DO NOT have to sell. 

Feels good actually.

• Like 3

I think at this stage of his career / development he'd be much better served staying for one or two more seasons, guaranteed to start week in week out, and the team will be tailored to play to his strengths.  

Realistically he is not up to the standard yet where he would be starter / first choice at a top four prem or equivalent european team, while at Spurs and Liverpool he'll have to fight against Kane / Sturridge for top billing, and I could see him slipping out of sight pretty quickly at either if he had a barren run.  And he's really not going to be any closer to 'winning' anything tangible at those clubs either, best case he gets to play Champions League 'if' either can nick a top 4 spot (unlikely right now).

Ideally he signs a new contract, gets paid bigger $$$, makes him 'happier', we up the 32.5 min fee to 50 mill, he spends two more years with us, scores 20+ goals each year, we sell him for 50 mill+ in two years.  Everyone wins :)

Twitter (yeah yeah yeah we all know) is saying that he's close to signing for Chelsea. Don't see it myself.

However, if Chelsea wanna buy him for £30m and then loan him back to us for a season that would be cool :D

Edited by PieFacE

If he stays fit he scores 20 goals no problem particularly how we've been attacking under Sherwood. That and hopefully 3-4 goals in the euros and I fully expect we'd still be getting 20m + bids next season. After all we got 18m for Young when he only had 1 year left didn't he?

But the buy out clause would still be the same so we wouldn't have to accept bids of 20m. If he has a great season and a good euros teams would be queuing up to meet the buyout clause

No one would pay 32m for him in the last year of his deal, might be clause where it goes down by 20% maybe.

Anyway SSN today said Liverpool had enquired about Bacca, Firmino and Salomon Rondon all who'll probably be cheaper than Benteke so looks like Liverpool are actively pursuing other targets.

No one would pay 32m for him in the last year of his deal, might be clause where it goes down by 20% maybe.

Anyway SSN today said Liverpool had enquired about Bacca, Firmino and Salomon Rondon all who'll probably be cheaper than Benteke so looks like Liverpool are actively pursuing other targets.

We'll instead of spending on proven quality with experience in premier league Liverpool are signing all these inexperienced players yet again. And they wonder why they keep flopping

Well Bacca scored what 20 odd goals in La Liga, Firmino is quality although more a number 10 so might tread on Coutinho's toes a bit and if we sold Benteke and had a mega takeover I would bid for someone like Rondon as I think with his heading ability and strength he'd be a brilliant striker in the premier league.

It's a bit of a step up from Borini and Lambert tbf to Brenton....

If Liverpool get the £50m for Sterling then we will see fairly quickly how badly they want Benteke.  He could potentially run amok with them and score the goals to get them top 4 but there are a few question marks over him like his laziness and the days when he looks like Heskey reborn.   Overall I like our position in the whole situation and if we do sell him then £32.5m is a good price, if he stays then I'd expect him to maintain his 1 in 2 record which can only be good for us.  

Twittered yesterday by Amy Christophers, whose credibility is pretty strong mainly based on her somewhat pleasing looks:

Amy Lewis reporting what I said this morning that Christian benteke will renew at Aston villa #avfc #skysources

I wouldn't mind if she's credible as hell when it comes to this (and her takeover tweets!).

Twittered yesterday by Amy Christophers, whose credibility is pretty strong mainly based on her somewhat pleasing looks:

Amy Lewis reporting what I said this morning that Christian benteke will renew at Aston villa #avfc #skysources

I wouldn't mind if she's credible as hell when it comes to this (and her takeover tweets!).

Just reading her twitter (and the comments below), she says the club wants to extend as has obviously been reported, nothing on Benteke's frame of mind which I would imagine will be sitting tight for a few weeks and seeing what offers come up to consider.

• Like 1

Apparently according to The Guardian they are buying Firmino for £29mil....

Â