Christian Benteke

Kwan

He has done better for Atletico but the point was just that Atletico as it stands have 5 strikers on their books, so it's unlikely at this point if they'd bother going for a 6th and particularly a 6th that would cost a minimum of £32.5m (€45.6m).

• Like 1

i would say that Atletico and Plop are out of it and not gonna approach us.

means its looking less likely he will leave.if he refuses to sign a contract but stays he will give 100% because of wanting to A.secure a move in January/Next summer B.want to be Belgiums starting striker come the Euros

if he stays hes got to Play.none of this dropping him to the Under 21's

Not that it was ever really likely IMO, but I've saw one or two mention A Madrid. It seems they are spending 30m + euro on Jackson Martinez from Porto, so that's another club to strike off the list

And they had already signed Vietto.

Yep, So they now have Raul Jimenez, Vietto, Torres, Griezmann and Martinez (potentially)

5 strikers, even for a team that often play 2 up top is more than enough.

I think your being kind to Torres putting him in that company ☺

Disclaimer.

I don't watch European football so any upturn in form will be lost on me. Therefore my mocking is based purely on his last couple of season's with Chelsea.

Your mocking would be incorrect. He has done much better back at Atletico and his goal against Villarreal was voted their goal of the season.

So he at least scored one..... ;)

Word around the campfire is that Griezmann is off to PSG - that could give them the cash to go for Benteke.

Griezemann was always going to be off. But they have already signed Vietto and Martinez is next so not sure they will want Benteke. 

the way this is going to pan out is the scenario we dont want and cant afford.

i cant see anyone coming in for benteke this summer, or even in january, the only possibility in january is if one of the top 5 is struggling to break into the top 4 place and they need a final push, other than that, i cant see any movement.

as he (his agent) doesnt want to sign a new contract or be here, he will most likely run out his contract and leave on a free.

Manure decided not to keep Falcao, are trying to flog van Persie and Chicharito.

That leaves them with the no longer prolific Rooney and some kids. I'm sure they will spend som big money on a striker or 2 this summer, would not surprise me if they tried for Benteke when their move for Kane doesn't come of.

Other than that i still think Wolfsburg is a very possible destination depending on what happens to Bas Dost - Newcastle

i cant see anyone coming in for benteke this summer, or even in january, the only possibility in january is if one of the top 5 is struggling to break into the top 4 place and they need a final push, other than that, i cant see any movement.

as he (his agent) doesnt want to sign a new contract or be here, he will most likely run out his contract and leave on a free.

Not sure about that Andy. If we did manage to keep him this year I think he would certainly be gone next summer. With 12 months remaining the clause would be void in as much as we would certainly except much much less, in those circumstances there would be no end of suitors. IMO.

even if he stayed to contract expiry, he will be 26 yrs old, he will be in his prime and could potentially be one of the best strikers in the world (dare i say it very boldly)

even if he stayed to contract expiry, he will be 26 yrs old, he will be in his prime and could potentially be one of the best strikers in the world (dare i say it very boldly)

I don't disagree with that, Trouble is players these days want everything yesterday. And by the sounds of things, the minute Christian forgets that or starts to get comfortable he has a plonker of an agent telling him to jump ship.

Manure decided not to keep Falcao, are trying to flog van Persie and Chicharito.

That leaves them with the no longer prolific Rooney and some kids. I'm sure they will spend som big money on a striker or 2 this summer, would not surprise me if they tried for Benteke when their move for Kane doesn't come of.

Other than that i still think Wolfsburg is a very possible destination depending on what happens to Bas Dost - Newcastle

Doubt whether Wolfsburg will want to pay 32.5 mil though. 

i must admit his options are becoming less and less. Liverpool might still cough up the money when they sell Sterling, united I think are setting their sights higher, 

I reckon he will sign a new deal

If the new deal has a release clause that is only slightly higher |(e.g. 36-40 region) and he would get paid another 30k extra a week he would be silly not to sign it. Suarez did that, didnt he?

Doubt whether Wolfsburg will want to pay 32.5 mil though. 

i must admit his options are becoming less and less. Liverpool might still cough up the money when they sell Sterling, united I think are setting their sights higher,

Y'see I was thinking this earlier, but actually nothing has changed. Liverpool have not bought an actual striker and are about to have £21m to add to whatever their kitty is (£50m for Sterling minus £29m for Firmino). Chelsea could still easily bring in another striker and pick their price. Man Utd have not bought anyone and are in firm need of a striker.

We get kind of dazzled by daily news stories where if we don't stop and think, we get the impression loads has happened. But in fact very little has.

Atletico are done I'd say but then IMHO they were never really a front runner when competing against English money.

His agent is after cash ASAP. He knows Benteke could dump him whenever he feels like it. If he gets a big fee for negotiating a new deal for Benteke with Villa this summer he'll take it.

A bird in the hand etc etc.

• Like 2

His agent is after cash ASAP. He knows Benteke could dump him whenever he feels like it. If he gets a big fee for negotiating a new deal for Benteke with Villa this summer he'll take it.

Agents and players have contracts as well, so if the contract is valid with time to run, Benteke cant dump him whenever he wants. If he were to do that, the agent could sue for lost income if Benteke were to then move to a new club with a new agent. (AFAIK).

I don't disagree with that, Trouble is players these days want everything yesterday. And by the sounds of things, the minute Christian forgets that or starts to get comfortable he has a plonker of an agent telling him to jump ship.

^^^

This.  Unless someone comes in (and he wants to move and they pay his current release fee) he will sign new deal if offered.  He won't worry about leaving in two years time.  He'll back himself to perform in the knowledge that if he does someone will pay the release fee then for him (every footballer thinks they are the next best thing since sliced bread). 

The question will be what that release fee is.  Would we negotiate a higher release fee if we agree new deal which pays him more.  I would.

If knocks in 25 goals next season someone will pay it as strikers who can do that are a rarity and at a premium.  I'm actually gobsmacked that no one (outside Villa) thinks he is worth £32m.  He's worth it every day of the week and twice on Sunday!  In the right team he would be immense.

I think he would ideally be suited to Chelsea or ManU as they have a more direct style of play.  Outside of England I'm not sure who he would suit best.

Agents and players have contracts as well, so if the contract is valid with time to run, Benteke cant dump him whenever he wants. If he were to do that, the agent could sue for lost income if Benteke were to then move to a new club with a new agent. (AFAIK).

Does that mean you need an agent to negotiate with your agent? 

• Like 1

Nah, just get your dog to do it.

Nah, just get your dog to do it.

The Rory McIlroy court case was about exactly this - always wondered who his closest advisers were because he seems to keep falling out with his agents.

Â