Christian Benteke

Kwan

**** it lets just bid for Lukaku

Hmmmn.... Benteke says he would like to play with other Belgians.

Lukaku....Goes back to Chelsea after telling Benteke to move to a "Big" club

Benteke appears to prefer London & comments he thought Villa was a London club.

The "Special one" returns to Chelsea with a huge warchest presumably?

Is it just me?................

That article in the Sun is absolute shite, the only quotes in the article are probably from someone who has about as much of an idea of what's going on as any of us do. Pure lazy journalism, not that we would expect anything else from that jizz rag. 

The defeatists saying they would take 30m are mostly the same that said 16m and ireland for milner was a great deal

Either you have a fantastic, almost supernatural, memory, or you are making that up.

(Much like The Mirror! ;) )

I don't really need to remember specfically who, as that was the majority view and most of the people on here are still the same!

I don't think they are. But nevermind

Well if the "Special one" gives us £40m from his "huge warchest" then he can have both Belgians.

I'd say so. I'm not even mildly concerned that Mourinho would bother with Benteke.

If we sell to an English club, we should slap an extra £15m on it.

£40m is the price for foreign clubs. £55m the price for Chelski/ Man Utd/ Man City/ Spurs and.. *snigger*... Liverpool

I'd say so. I'm not even mildly concerned that Mourinho would bother with Benteke.

Perhaps not this summer, but I think he'd be an ideal replacement for Drogba. I can see him definitely being on Mourinho's list at some point in the future.

• Like 1

Tensions have spiralled in the past fortnight and have not been helped by the apparent collapse of moves for Celta Vigo forward Iago Aspas and Saint-Etienne striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, two of Laudrup's favoured targets. 

It is understood that in each case the player was willing to accept reduced wages compared to other offers in order to work with Laudrup. 

But Swansea's reluctance to take a leap in spending – their existing transfer record is the £5.55million paid for Pablo Hernandez last summer, while Aspas would cost in the region of £8m and Aubameyang upwards of £10m – has meant the chance to clinch those signings has largely gone.

Thought this was interesting, Those players were willing to take paycuts to go to Swansea, meaning they ARENT out of our reach as people would make it seem. Quote taken from the Mail.

Good shout, aubameyang on top of some of the players we have been linked to we would easily be a top 8 team. But it`s easy to get carried away, we are being linked with some great players but yet there is no sign of anything happening as of yet. Still, I like to think we could take them all on. Just get rest of the rubbish out of the squad first.

Same.

They'd have Benteke, Lukaku and Ba. All of whom are the same sort of player (although I would say Benteke is the best of those three)

I can see Mourinho buying a striker, but unless for some reason he gets rid of Lukaku or Ba, it won't be Benteke.

• Like 1

To me Benteke is the complete striker. Can lead the line, get in behind, hold it up win headers, shoots with both feet and can play deep linking things up. If we when 4-4-2 Gabby could play slighty higher up the pitch and use his pace and Benteke can hold it up and create the openings. The idea of Benteke and that Morrocan from Montpellier is ridiculous, they would be so good, throw Gabby alongside them and the attack has everything! Well Just saying!

That's my fear. Chelsea are looking for a striker, they haven't properly replaced Drogba and they've got endless amounts of cash.

I despise anything and everything about that club and hope they don't come sniffing after him.

Edited by Robbie09

Theres absolutely no way on this planet that if an offer +25m comes in we wont accept it imo. Its absolutely crazy money. I think the £40m is just there to encourage higher bids. Didnt we say we wouldnt sell Downing for less than 50m?? Some even got upset when we did  :)

Theres absolutely no way on this planet that if an offer +25m comes in we wont accept it imo. Its absolutely crazy money. I think the £40m is just there to encourage higher bids. Didnt we say we wouldnt sell Downing for less than 50m?? Some even got upset when we did  :)

I posted last night that I was waiting for Downing to be referenced. I'm not sure the £50m quote was any more as serious as the £40m quote for CB is. In any case it was made before an official transfer request was submitted.

I wouldn't be as certain as 'no way on this planet' we'd refuse anything over £25m. I guess we'll see, if he leaves for £25.5m. Hardly 'crazy money', imo.

Perhaps not this summer, but I think he'd be an ideal replacement for Drogba. I can see him definitely being on Mourinho's list at some point in the future.

Why would he bother with Benteke when he has Lukaku though?  They are extremely similar players, and they both fill the Drogba replacement role. 

Â