Christian Benteke

Kwan

I said this when he first arrived, I don't mind selling as long as we get a huge transfer fee for him and then can re invest back into the squad with QUALITY. Something that has not happened so far.

So, selling quality to (hopefully) buy quality. It's a shit state of affairs.

10 league goals (the same at Fletcher and Le Fondre) and now he is a 35M player!

If we relegate we will get somewhere between 12-14M and that is double our money after all.

I agree he is not worth 35m, but he is better then Fletcher and Le Fondre. At 22 he has 4 years plus on them.

I can't see him moving on for a good while yet and I'm surprised it's such a hot topic for people. Hopefully in his time here we can improve somewhat and hold on to him a bit longer still. But inevitably, even if we do improve as a club, if he becomes a top top player he will go, just as has always happened at Villa in the whole 20+ years I've been supporting us. That won't be anything new. 

if we stay up, and he has any sense, he'll stay with us for another year. although there's always the danger that he won't be as effective in his second season and both he and his agent will be acutely aware of that, so a move might be in their best interests, financially

I say we keep him at all costs. none of this rolling over shite, he is contracted to us and he is not on massive wages, even if we DO go down he could help fire us right back up, we need to keep the nucleus of this team together, not dissolve more. For the folks saying he is not worth 35 million, its about what he is worth to US, not what he's "worth", when was the last time we signed such a great prospect of a striker? I genuinely feel if we keep this team together, obviously moving the dead weight and bringing in others. We can go places. We simply must not roll over. (Although Mr Lerner may have something to say about that)

I can't see him staying at all.. He clearly wanted a London move & supports Arsenal & on top of that can you really see Randy turning down a half decent offer for any of our players? ...Coz i can't... He's all about the money after all!

Shame as he is our best player by a country mile... but then that's another reason he won't be here.. We always sell our better players so he's as good as gone.

I'm fine with selling him (that's the way the game works these days) but it cannot be for a small sum and that money absolutely must be reinvested.

What are you going to do if it isn't :P

What do you mean? I'm just giving my opinion on what I would like to see happen if we do sell him.

if he goes for less than 20 million then people should be hung or at least mocked and told off using very strong words such as bottom and plank.

Who knows what's written into his contract regarding sell on / release clauses ? Maybe nothing or if he's got a good agent we could be ****

Â