Christian Benteke

Kwan

When he goes, the money is not likely to be re-invested anyway is it?

So thats why I would rather he stayed.

However, i knew from the minute we signed him it was a stepping stone for him and he has done nothing to suggest otherwise.

He wants to go so he will - im sure he helped force Genks hand into letting him come to us.

Like I said before win win for us and great work by PL.  I hope we keep him and build around him I really do.  However, we have to be realistic.  The good thing with Benteke is that he is still hungry to do well for us.  He is not shying away and his performance levels havent dropped.

Depends on the replacement. Despite making a big profit on the likes of Milner and Young you could argue that we were something of losers with respect to those deals.

• Like 1

How can it be described as 'win win' if he leaves ?

Whilst true that we won't be able to hang on to him, and true that we will get good money  - way more than 15 million I would think  - it isn't win/win at all.

It is a sad commentary on where we are, where many Clubs are, and where football generally is, that after one year we are beneath him.

I know it has been said many times before but Sky and the PL should watch out, following the game is becoming utterley pointless.

The next generations of fans will be harder and harder to find.  I took my son for years and he couldn't care less now ' where's the point, every time we get anyone any good, they go'.

How can it be described as 'win win' if he leaves ?

Whilst true that we won't be able to hang on to him, and true that we will get good money  - way more than 15 million I would think  - it isn't win/win at all.

It is a sad commentary on where we are, where many Clubs are, and where football generally is, that after one year we are beneath him.

I know it has been said many times before but Sky and the PL should watch out, following the game is becoming utterley pointless.

The next generations of fans will be harder and harder to find.  I took my son for years and he couldn't care less now ' where's the point, every time we get anyone any good, they go'.

This, again, another nail in the coffin.    Villa will always now I fear just be a feeder club for the Sky Six.  

I said this when he first arrived, I don't mind selling as long as we get a huge transfer fee for him and then can re invest back into the squad with QUALITY. Something that has not happened so far.

This is the key point, it's a model that can work as long as the quality comes in. If Ireland and N'Zogbia are considered to be adequate replacements for Young and Milner then that is a big problem, we have simply downgraded our squad.

At this stage I do shudder to think who the replacement for Benteke will be. It's likely to be a Charlie Austin or a Troy Deeney. Players who I don't see as having the ability nor the growth potential that Benteke has.

I expect him to leave but he may stay if he can't get offered first team football elsewhere. Chelsea will struggle to fit him in and so will Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd wont be interested.

Think he would be perfect fit for spurs though

I think Lambert is too stubborn to let Benteke go firstly for cheap, and secondly too early in his contract.

I think we'll keep him for at least two seasons, possible longer, depending on whether we stay up or how high we finish up the league.

The fee Has **** all to do with lamberk when he gets sold, When the coward lerner gets an offer he likes he will be sold simple!..

Anyway nothing new to see here... Villa sell best player AGAIN Shocker!..

Move on people lerner has raped us and will continuningly do so!..

I dont know why so many people seem so suprised that he wont be here next season lol!..

Edited by sutherland

Â