Christian Benteke

Kwan

I think there's an argument to say that he cost us a chance of getting something out the game today shortly after we went 1-0 down when he put that ridiculously shite "cross" in behind Ireland who would've pretty much had a tap-in if the simplest of balls had been played correctly. It was such an easy pass to make. Spurs went straight down the other end and scored.

He was so, so poor today. Didn't look arsed in the slightest.

Unfortunately this is true. Don't think he closed down a single Spurs defender/midfielder and then spent the rest of the game mistiming runs and moaning.

Worryingly true, didn't look bothered in the slightest. Also needs to learn to time his runs, had a chance for a 1 on 1 today but was offside again.

The guy needs a rocket up his arse. He has either been reading his own headlines after Liverpool and now thinks he is billy big bollocks or has been tapped up.

Weimann today gave 100% and never stopped running and trying to make something happen. Benteke never broke sweat.

Edited by markavfc40

Firstly, definitely agree that the good press went to his head slightly, started playing with too much confidence/swagger, forgetting hard work and aggression that has made him so good in previous games.

However, even today he still won the large majority of the balls into him, yet everything into him was either of poor quality or into an area where he could only head it down for someone else.

Benteke has had no service and his nearest support player to feed and link with has been 30 yards away for the last 3 games. I would say he had a right to be pissed off. Strikers are prone to looking uninterested at times as frustration mounts.

We have been absolutely diabolical for 240 of our last 270 minutes. We need atleast 3 proven players to come in January to stand any chance. we need a new core. Clark is no leader and isnt premier league standard along with Herd, Bannan, Lichaj, KEA and Ireland is about as committed to the club as simon cowell is to his women and needs to be moved on.

Baker, Lowton, Bennett (at a push), Westwood and Benteke are the only youngsters that are currently good enough to be starting for me.

January is make or break for us. If Lambert buys well, we still have got time to turn it round as were only 6 points off the top 12. If he goes looking for more kids, it could be the end of our premiership status as i for one wouldnt want to be banking on a bunch of unproven sub 23 year olds to go and pinch us results when it really matters. The pressure will be too much for them as its proving to be already.

Â