Christian Benteke

Kwan

Love it that we have a bit of a bite in the team again. The way Benteke steamrolls over defenders and doesn't take any shit is fun to watch.

Indeed, what I'm more happy about is the fact that so far all he has picked up is 2 yellow cards, showing that he can clearly control his temper even if he does want to crush the likes of Johnson.

Was it Skrtel who just bounced off him in the corner down by the villa fans.

Yeah, was also Skrtel who he flattened late in the second half, was also Skrtel who gave him a dirty push from behind in the dying seconds. Somebody clearly didn't like being bullied.

A-L55NCCQAAbUi4.jpg

You don't want it Johnson, I can see the fear in your eyes, stop fronting ar' kid.

Couldn't work out why the ref booked him after this incident ... It was suggested as an elbow but didnt look like one from what I saw

Six foot four and I adore

kills the ball and loves to score

then I hear the Holte end roar

Benteke...The beast of Benteke

Everybody wants to sign him up

just arrived and only a pup

sure to battle and keep us up

When you watch and analyse

see the skills before your eyes

watch him pass as Lambert cries

Benteke...not JUST a beast Benteke

7m? How the hell did we get this beast for such peanuts? He must have doubled his value already.

Such a exciting and dynamic beast what a player and some idiot pundit said he was another heskey hahahaha

Because Belgian teams cant ask much money for their players 7m is the record seling from racing genk

7m? How the hell did we get this beast for such peanuts? He must have doubled his value already.

I don't know either but it is one hell of a buy.

I would say he has more than quadrupled in value and that's not speaking from a biased claret and blue tinted view or anything.

But as I stated earlier if clowns and donkeys can fetch 30m & 50m respectively then a young destroying machine must be able to exceed them figures surely?.

Six foot four and I adore

kills the ball and loves to score

then I hear the Holte end roar

Everybody wants to sign him up

just arrived and only a pup

sure to battle and keep us up

When you watch and analyse

see the skills before your eyes

watch him pass as Lambert cries

Benteke...not JUST a beast Benteke

Could've sworn I heard this being chanted yesterday. He should just put BEAST on the back of his shirt from now on.

Why would you want to sell him?

How can you build a team while selling the player or players you are building that team around?

I would hope that both the board and manager are already thinking along the lines of extending his contract with a fat wage increase but would Benteke's agent insist on a buy out clause in that new contract?

Benteke has being great, hes not the finshed article yet though, hes gonna have bad games and as long as is contract is, if he says he wants to go and the moneys right then as displayed at Genk he will sulk his way out.

For me the real hero in all this is Lambert, he can spot a player like no manager I have experienced at the Villa. If any long contracts are needed then its his.

Â