Christian Benteke

Kwan

Well it's starting to appear as though it's all total cobblers and he was misrepresented. Hopefully some of you haven't decided to hate him already off the back of a Sun interview. If you have, then can I suggest you take a close look at yourself for a while.

My understanding is that yes a player can move within 6 months, but they can only play for 2 clubs per season... Having played for both us and genk this season, he wouldn't be able to play even if transferred, so no point anyon buying him jan anyway, unless loan back to us.. (I may be completely wrong on this, just thought i heard that rule)

Ah, yes,I've heard that too. So I think I've mixed it up with players not being able to move within 6 months. Thanks for the clarification. :)

Regarding Benteke's recent comments, Lambert said: "I think it's been a bit naughty and misconstrued of what he said and been reported in Belgium.

"I know what it is like when that happens so I'll take it lightly. He is a big guy and doesn't say two words.

"In any case, if you ask any young footballer they will have a team and players they have followed.

"Listen, I'll reassure the fans that the big guy is more than happy.

"He is playing really well. If he wasn't happy, he wouldn't be playing the way he is."

http://tinyurl.com/ahoqpu9

This is in Vital Villa:

Well, this is very important. This sort of journalism causes offense, upset and anger.

Christian Benteke has been quoted in the press today saying he loves Arsenal, wants to move from Villa, didn`t even realise we weren`t a London club etc.

I`m not going to link to the articles, I`m just not prepared to give them any page impressions at all.

Read what they say he said. NO PLAYER would say that, NO PLAYER would dare.

I`ve just spoken to a close contact at Villa who said this was an interview in French, for Belgian tv and he simply has not said these things. He`s been "misconstrued, misrepresented" and most importantly I was told "Christian is VERY upset that these quotes have been attributed to him, he is delighted to be at Villa and has been heartened by the way the fans have taken to him so quickly."

The club will get some quotes out later to totally dismiss these horrible reports. Can I ask all of you who read this to 'facebook like` or re-tweet and generally share around.

If he had said anything like this, I`d have actually bombed him straight back out in January, but put simply, he hasn`t.

Exactly. The above 2 posts are my point. Until we see an unedited transcript, you can not make your mind up based on what could (and is beginning to appear to) be a twisted account of the interview. As I said, it's starting to look as though all is not as it appears in The Sun - or wherever else you read the exact same shite.

If Gabby has a good day too, we have 2 strikers with attributes that are completely different and both extremely difficult to deal with. Meaning at least one of them should do well. I'm looking forward to going back into their yard and beating them 4-2 again :D

Whether he said it or not this is why I don't get attached to players anymore, every player in our squad bar Gabby/Albrighton would jump at the chance to move to any club in a better position than us, and can you blame them?

We are a club that has been going downhill for the last 3 years, have a huge wage bill that can't be sustained, and have a owner who seemingly ended his spending spree 3 years ago, get used to it because unless the unlikely scenario of a billionaire buying us happens, we will keep seeing this time and time again.

Even if he did say those things, I'd still play him over Darren 'I'd rather go shopping' Bent

we all know we're a stepping stone club, unless Lambert turns the club around big time, there will always be players coming here to make a name for themselves. I don't expect Christian to be here more than 3 years and if he keeps playing like he is, he'll have earnt that move, but it'd be to a bigger club than Arsenal.

PL has dismissed the reports, the report was taken by a French Journalist and then this has been a translation hash job by the English Press. Benteke is allegedly hurt by the reports and is loving life at VP according to VitalVilla.

I hope this is indeed true and that we all can return to some rationality.

My understanding is that yes a player can move within 6 months, but they can only play for 2 clubs per season... Having played for both us and genk this season, he wouldn't be able to play even if transferred, so no point anyon buying him jan anyway, unless loan back to us.. (I may be completely wrong on this, just thought i heard that rule)

Not that I think he'll go anywhere in January, but I think you can appeal against this ruling pretty easily.

Defoe did it on one of his Tottenham->Pompey->Tottenham jaunts

I hope this is indeed true and that we all can return to some rationality.

This

I think it was a hack job, but it does raise an interesting discussion. It occurrs to me that a lot of sports fans get attached to the players playing for the club sometimes even more than they are attached to the club itself. I have never understood that.

I view my sports teams as companies I have invested in. In a regular company, I invest money in the hopes the employees of that company can increase the value of my shares, but I do not give two shits about the employees themselves.

I treat villa the same way. I have invested emotional value into this sports team, and I am hoping I am payed back plus interest. The employees of the club are simply cogs in the machine. You lose one cog, you replace it with another and hopefully make a bit of profit off the transaction so you can improve the machine somewhere else.

I would not care if they had no names on their jerseys and wore masks. They are not important. The club is, and the club will be here is Big Benteke is here or not.

Not that I think he'll go anywhere in January, but I think you can appeal against this ruling pretty easily.

Defoe did it on one of his Tottenham->Pompey->Tottenham jaunts

This

Because he still only played for two clubs, but he couldn't have moved elsewhere. I don't think we Benteke is heading back to Belgium.

Â