Christian Benteke

Kwan

So Lambo before the game jokingly said "he's dropped for scoring 2 in 2 for Belgium" but turns out he was being serious lol.

Bent and Benteke will thrive from a wide player ie. Albrighton putting a few balls into the box, but I can understand his thinking in not going with that today as Craven Cottage has a tiny pitch, or so it seems. Shame we didnt create anything really with 3 useless triplets in the middle :/

hang on, on page one of the ratings and reactions thread you slag lambert off fro dropping him today, so what is it?

he needs 90 mins if he will do anything, he needs 4 or 5 chances before he bags one, there is no point playing him for 14 mins because if he gets one shot he will miss it. he should start with bent, even though I think he is crap is not as crap as gabby. gabby has been poor for 3 years now

I wasn't really questioning a post you hadn't yet made when I asked it! It was the fact you criticised lambert for dropping him then went on to doubt his ability. Just seemed it was any excuse to criticise the manager to be honest

^^^Great post, CBGB!! ;)

We need to stick with Benteke. I liked what he did when he came on yesterday - started mixing it with Fulham's midfield and challenging them physically. Something we just hadn't been doing with Bent leading the pack. Shame he doesn't seem capable of scoring for us but at least he's getting into scoring positions so we have to hope he will settle down and start banging a few in. Once he's got 2 or 3 under his belt I hope we'll see a lot more.

Lambert does need to decide if he's playing him or not and, if so, give him an extended run in the side.

• Like 1

He will be off to a bigger club in a couple of years.

What are you basing this on? The 3/4 sitters he's missed for us already? People laughing at him at training? The sky commentators slating him? His all round poor performances? Will Bannan and Herd be off to big clubs too?

We looked a lot more attacking threat when Benteke came on vs Fulham, was at game and showed a bit of fear that Hangeland wouldnt go near him.

We have looked more of a threat pretty much everytime I have seen him come on/play. At least he is there. The goals will come. I remember thinking Van Nistelrooy was absolute crap when he missed a few sitters in the charity shield game.

Amazing how Benteke's getting chances yet Darren Bent isnt? Spose thats what you get with a striker with more to his game.

• Like 1

What are you basing this on? The 3/4 sitters he's missed for us already? People laughing at him at training? The sky commentators slating him? His all round poor performances? Will Bannan and Herd be off to big clubs too?

People laughing at him in training!?

Edit: Oh, I see! Poor lad! Shit fans those who laughed.

Â