Christian Benteke

Kwan

In the Delph situation the release clause was against us, but i actually think it has helped us with Benteke. The fact that it is there gives us a reason not to negotiate, and I think it is realistic that we would have got 5-7.5m less haven't it been there.

Also I am very happy for Benteke. It's a deserved move, and by giving us such a big amount of money, he can leave still being appreciated by the fans. Hope he gets a good welcome when he comes back to Villa Park.

He's so much better than Liverpool

Is he though? Villa fans may think so, but the big clubs obviously do not agree.

He really is. Just because no one else appears to have come in for him doesn't mean he isn't good enough for better clubs.

• Like 1

49 goals in basically 100 appearances for one of the worst Villa teams in history playing the most drab and insipid football I have ever seen, even under McLeish we scored more and played better football (marginally). Benteke in any other team I'm not just saying the Top 4 or the Top 6 or any of the World Elite, but almost any other team he'd get those chances made for him on the regular. If he had spent his last 3 seasons at Southampton or Swansea he'd probably be on unprecedented stats right now cause he scores for fun in a team that until recently has been so anti-football it hurts. So yeah he is so much better than Liverpool, I really do believe that Benteke could smash in 30-40 goals a season in a top top team.. 

• Like 1

As much as we'll miss Benteke, if we can get 3 or 4 quality players in with the money, then pragmatically it has to be the best thing for Aston Villa. 

• Like 2

As much as we'll miss Benteke, if we can get 3 or 4 quality players in with the money, then pragmatically it has to be the best thing for Aston Villa. 

Not if the scallys think we are Kays catalogue!

The Liverplop guy down the pub, says deal is stalling due to his agent, or him, waiting for a top 4 club to come in for him. Nice to know liverplop was his second choice.

I know agents get a lot of stick but this Kismet guy really is a clown though

Ive heard Benteke is his only major client so he really is his cash cow

Never thought a few years ago that I'd be sat here waiting almost wanting him gone, not because he's bad or he's done anything wrong but just so I can move on and see what this new era at Villa will be like. I always thought I'd be super gutted, but I'm actually a mixture of apprehensive and excited. 

• Like 2

The 'Liverpool guy down the pub' :D

He probably heard it off twitter, there's some shit on their about him wanting a move to a club in champions league over Liverpool, if this was the case the deal wouldn't gave got so far so I'd say its complete bollocks

&for those interested after zat asked about his agent, these are the players kismet represents.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/eris-kismet/beraterfirma/berater/1267

Its not a long list and I've not heard of them. Benteke really is his meal ticket.

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 1

The 'Liverpool guy down the pub' :D

He probably heard it off twitter, there's some shit on their about him wanting a move to a club in champions league over Liverpool, if this was the case the deal wouldn't gave got so far so I'd say its complete bollocks

&for those interested after zat asked about his agent, these are the players kismet represents.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/eris-kismet/beraterfirma/berater/1267

Its not a long list and I've not heard of them. Benteke really is his meal ticket.

That Domenico Bruzzese sounds like someone Lambert would have gone for under our young and hungry policy. :D

Is he though? Villa fans may think so, but the big clubs obviously do not agree.

He really is. Just because no one else appears to have come in for him doesn't mean he isn't good enough for better clubs.

I've been saying this to Plop fans at work for weeks, but hey ho, he's there now and that's it.

What does make me nauseous though is the thought of plastic scousers round here wearing "Benteke" shirts. Ugh.

I agree. Liverpool is his level at the minute.

Hasn't really done anything at international level and goes missing far too often.

If he was signing for Liverpool from any other club I dare say there would be many on here laughing at them for paying that kind of fee.

Edited by jim

Â