Christian Benteke

Kwan

Also Arsenal are absolutely nuts to not be hijacking this deal.

Well known Arsenal fan. Would be smart of them to put in a bid, even if they have no interest in actually signing him.

Can't help but wish him well. Played well, kept us up and earnt his move even though I can't agree it's the "big move" he really deserves. To each their own though.

I'll be praying for 3-2 losses for the duration of his Liverpool career, with him getting every goal. Liverpool ultimately fail but Benteke will earn a truly big move.

I agree, Arsenal would be an ideal move for him. Can't see why Wenger wouldn't be interested.

I wish Benteke well and hope he uses Liverpool as a stepping stone to a really big team

Hope we've put a sell on % in the deal

I thought that.

If we've automatically accepted a bid which matched a release clause in his contract, does that bypass the 'negotiation' stage where we could ask for a sell-on fee?

Or could we possibly negotiate that when Liverpool were supposedly haggling around the level of instalments we'd receive?

If there was any chance we could, I really hope we got a 5% or 10% sell-on fee clause in there somewhere! It would soften the blow if he plays a blinder for them and ends up going somewhere for a huge fee.

There won't be a sell on. They triggered a release clause which means we can't negotiate, therefore can't insert any clauses

Likely, but as we don't know the exact details of the release clause (in theory it could be £32.5m + a sell-on), we're back to guessing about about something that is unlikely to have much affect.

Fair price for Benteke I think and gives up plenty of scope to strengthen the squad which is what is needed. I would have loved him to have stayed but he was never going to.

Just feel he has sold himself short in going to Liverpool and I will give him two years maximum before he moves on. Having said that I quite like the fact they have had to give us, net of the sell on element to QPR, the vast majority of the money for Sterling. Basically Citeh are going to give us £40m when you factor in Delph.

Agreed fair price. Benteke is the main reason we didn't go down last season but I think we will be better having invested the Benteke money in an all-round improved 11. Shame to lose him but it was always going to happen and we've got a lot for him.

Onwards and upwards.

Liverpool supporting mate of mine has described it as their most underwhelming signing of the summer.

Does he know they also signed Adam Bogdan and Danny Ings

Pointless arguing ....as far as they concerned they should be buying players like Benzema

Liverpool supporting mate of mine has described it as their most underwhelming signing of the summer.

Does he know they also signed Adam Bogdan and Danny Ings

Pointless arguing ....as far as they concerned they should be buying players like Benzema

Im sure I saw that with the Benteke money they should be buying Benzema, Pedro and Reus  :huh:

Can't see this working well for him. He was anonymous for us during our spell of pass and move football, ok Liverpool have much better players to play that system but its fairly obvious that you get the best off of him using long balls.

Good luck christian, you going to need it when the famous kop (copyright sky sports) get on your back.

Bet he's glad fibian left in the manner he did, lot of heat off cb leaving now.

There never was heat for CB. We've always known he'd be leaving. He's kept his mouth shut, played well, been a crucial part of us staying up and now he feels it's time to move on. We're disappointed but we can hardly hold it against him. We've been relegation fodder for years and he's better than that.

Can't imagine there'll be any boos on his return, and highly doubt they'll be a chorus "Christian Benteke" for him either. Just a respectful round of applause.

• Like 3

Â